Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!

Jonny 290 posted:

so does like aaaaaaanybody still use reason

i havent heard poo poo about it in years

I just bought the upgrade to version 11. The new synths and effects are very good. You can now use VST’s in it. There’s a ‘player’ similar to Logic’s Drummer that will crank out beats for you. The mix console compressor and EQ can now be used in the rack. Finally, the rack, or lots of racks, can be plugins in your other DAW, as instruments and effects. It’s dope, especially if you have an old version to upgrade for $129.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Attention musigoons: IZotope is selling a bundle of $900 of their plugins. For $50. There’s a link on their main page. I bit, from what I’ve heard so far, I got a killer deal.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

speaking of kvr why is everyone there so grumpy all the time its just nothing but grump grump grump

If they think they can out-grump Gearslutz, they’ve got another think coming.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

got some singing bowls coming this week as a bday gift from me to me, gonna make me some drones

dont imagine they're all in tune or anything tho, but maybe i can experiment with each one individually

like what if i fill one with water, or put a marble in. can i turn one into a hosed up plate reverb?

what if i record at 192khz and change the sample rate to 48k to lower the tone two octaves

edit: oh, and what if i put one bowl in another, will there be any sympathetic resonance?

Run the recordings through Paulstretch at absurd slowdown rates. Does a bowl resonate in a bathtub? What if you spin one in a bathtub? Inquiring minds and all that.