Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i'm addicted to sweet black pepper bacon, please send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene
If you have to get a bagel at this place make sure you get the cream cheese on the side

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Japanese eye posted:

If you have to get a bagel at this place make sure you get the cream cheese on the side

i've actually never gotten a bagel from DD (probably because there are better bagels on semi-literally every corner of every street in NYC), why should you get the cream cheese on the side though?

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Their breakfast sandwiches are an atrocity. Pre-cooked microwaved eggs? I won't have it. Their donuts and muffins are acceptable usually.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YeahTubaMike posted:

i'm addicted to sweet black pepper bacon, please send help

Snackin’ Bacon is absolutely genius.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Northeastern? For the lovely chain that is literally everywhere? What?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BaconCopter posted:

Northeastern? For the lovely chain that is literally everywhere? What?

Dunkin is barely present at all once you get past the Mississippi, and nowhere near as omnipresent in the south as they are north of DC (though they’re around sure).

Like if you’re not from the Philly to Boston corridor, or if you are and haven’t spent much time outside of it, it’s hard to understand just how much more Dunkin there is in the Northeast than in not the Northeast.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

https://www.scrapehero.com/location-reports/Dunkin%20Donuts-USA/

Huh, guess you're right. I was basing my reaction mainly on their massive presence in Chicago, where there are far too many for the square miles of the city.

1 Dunkin is too many, poo poo sucks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CaptainPsyko posted:

Snackin’ Bacon is absolutely genius.

i feel like that would be too much without the egg/cheese/carbs balancing it out

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

it's weird that they changed their name to just Dunkin', but I guess it makes sense considering their donuts are pretty meh

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene

YeahTubaMike posted:

i've actually never gotten a bagel from DD (probably because there are better bagels on semi-literally every corner of every street in NYC), why should you get the cream cheese on the side though?

They give you a sealed container and a knife instead of a skidmark scraped out of an uncovered flyblown tub

There's no reason to go to this place now that their coffee is overpriced and they got rid of the salmon cream cheese imo

Japanese eye fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 5, 2020

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

https://youtu.be/FSvNhxKJJyU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Japanese eye posted:

coffee is overpriced

seriously, a medium coffee for $2.79 should be against the law

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
7-11 app one dollar squirt your own vanilla in the cup, they don't mind.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Space Race Riot posted:

Their breakfast sandwiches are an atrocity. Pre-cooked microwaved eggs? I won't have it. Their donuts and muffins are acceptable usually.
The real atrocity is that given how many Dunkin's there are in our area, there are very few local bakeries that will make donuts.

On the other hand, those few that do make their own donuts are loving amazing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I stopped eating pork this year and so Dunkin’ Donuts having a readily available and tasty breakfast sausage made of turkey instead of a piggy is excellent and means I will eat there a lot more often

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
did anyone take advantage of free donut day?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like that their ice coffee comes in gallon sizes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

YeahTubaMike posted:

did anyone take advantage of free donut day?

When is that? And could they feign ignorance and not give you anything if you bring it up?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

TV Zombie posted:

When is that? And could they feign ignorance and not give you anything if you bring it up?

It's every friday in march, buy a coffee get a donut through app or whatever

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
it's awesome :D

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dunkin Donuts is the only place on the west coast where I can get chocolate cake donuts that taste like they're supposed to, and I have no idea why.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I used to love Dunkin Donuts and then I had a donut from an actual non chain bakery and realized I’d been getting hosed for a long time.

The rest of menu offerings are fine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dunkin was way better when they baked the donuts in the store, they fell off a quality cliff when they started trucking them in. Now they’re trying to be a coffee store instead of a donut store, which is going to result in them getting stomped by Starbucks.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Where are they trucking their donuts in from?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Where are they trucking their donuts in from?

Factories like this one.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
They have a lot of Dunkin' Donutses (Dunkin' Donii) in Korea. I went to one yesterday because they lured me in with ads about Reese's donuts, and it was so bad. Or at the very least not good. I also tried their breakfast sandwich, and it was slathered with very sweet ketchup. I somehow doubt the American ones are any better. I just can't bring myself to want to eat there ever again. Especially when Krispy Kreme is usually available.

Edit: Actually scratch that. The cake donuts (not available here) are actually good. As are the donut holes (also not available here). Well, mostly. Yeah, the whole menu is kind of middling at best imo.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 9, 2020

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Midjack posted:

Dunkin was way better when they baked the donuts in the store, they fell off a quality cliff when they started trucking them in. Now they’re trying to be a coffee store instead of a donut store, which is going to result in them getting stomped by Starbucks.

There is one (literally only one) Dunkin left in the US that still bakes fresh on site.

It’s in the suburbs outside Boston and the donuts are, in fact, actually quite good.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

TheBizzness posted:

I used to love Dunkin Donuts and then I had a donut from an actual non chain bakery and realized I’d been getting hosed for a long time.

The rest of menu offerings are fine.

i live in NYC and there are really good donut places around, one of which has hibiscus donuts which are GODLY, but they also cost like $12 apiece or some poo poo

Midjack posted:

honestly i don't care if the donuts are trucked in or not, as long as they're good, and dunkin donuts are at least serviceable

also, their coffee is fine. i once got decaf from there though, and it tasted like olive oil or something, although that could just be decaf in general :gonk:

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I love the beyond sausage sandwich there tbh

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it's weird that they changed their name to just Dunkin', but I guess it makes sense considering their donuts are pretty meh

gently caress you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry that was rude. But I’m the guy who makes the donuts so you can kiss my nads dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As for them not making the donuts on site anymore, they stopped for the reasons you can imagine. It’s a bit of a shame I guess but every franchise network that gets bigger ends up mostly supplying out of one store’s kitchen as a matter of efficiency and it really sucks to do that when the franchise gets huge. And corporate makes you stop trying at a certain point. It’s fast food donuts mate. Go across the street to the boutique.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I will never turn down a dunkin donut but won’t go out of my way for one. I also don’t bother with “boutique” donuts because gently caress paying $6 for a donut. Chill out dude, I said they were meh, not the devils areola itself

Now tell us more about working in a donut factory

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I'm a simple man and a simple glazed donut is all I need and nothing will top a hot and freshly made one. It's why I prefer Krispy Kreme (when the sign is on) and Shipleys over Dunkin Donuts and most of the other nearby boutique donut shops.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
came here for some sweet D lore and am sorely disappointed.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I will never turn down a dunkin donut but won’t go out of my way for one.

There's a DD across the street from the subway stop near my apartment, and another across the street from my job. If there were neither, i would literally never go. Now, though, I have the app on my phone and a free 150-point drink waiting for me. Life comes at you fast.

halokiller posted:

I'm a simple man and a simple glazed donut is all I need and nothing will top a hot and freshly made one. It's why I prefer Krispy Kreme (when the sign is on) and Shipleys over Dunkin Donuts and most of the other nearby boutique donut shops.

I ate a glazed Krispy Kreme donut recently and it literally just tasted like sugar. JUST sugar. It was weird.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
I worked at one of the factory kitchen things for a Summer job in Wareham, MA. I ran the big pan washer, it was rad, you could fit like 3 people standing in there and give them a real quick and probably super dangerous shower. The muffin pans were miserable to load up to wash though. Working 10 PM to 6 AM wasn't fun either. That and my Dad always saying picking me up from work made him hungry because I smelled like donuts.
The chocolate cake donuts were the only kind that had their own machine for some reason, I think all the other ones were put through the same treadmill fryer thing just in different shifts. The best part was the rack of donuts that came out weird so they wouldn't sell them, and anyone could just take and eat them because they were just going to be thrown out otherwise. Probably why I think the glazed sticks are good, never mind edible.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the best dunkin donuts are the chocolate cake and blueberry cake donuts. the blueberry ones were my favorite as a kid and I still love those fake blueberry bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HerniaFlange posted:

I worked at one of the factory kitchen things for a Summer job in Wareham, MA. I ran the big pan washer, it was rad, you could fit like 3 people standing in there and give them a real quick and probably super dangerous shower. The muffin pans were miserable to load up to wash though. Working 10 PM to 6 AM wasn't fun either. That and my Dad always saying picking me up from work made him hungry because I smelled like donuts.
The chocolate cake donuts were the only kind that had their own machine for some reason, I think all the other ones were put through the same treadmill fryer thing just in different shifts. The best part was the rack of donuts that came out weird so they wouldn't sell them, and anyone could just take and eat them because they were just going to be thrown out otherwise. Probably why I think the glazed sticks are good, never mind edible.

I think that’s cuz noobs buy ESL chocolate instead of EQD which isn’t as much of a pain in the rear end to get right.