Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Lots of negativity and hate around here lately, how about we post about things that are cool and good and fun. No roundabout bullshit like "I like when {negative thing} happens". Someone post something you don't like? Ignore it and post something you enjoy instead

I enjoy playing rhythm games, it's fun for me to see incremental progress by way of higher scores or clearing songs I couldn't before. I also like having some whisky or a mixed drink after a stressful day at work, really helps to relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Cannabis concentrate

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Eating pizza at midnight

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Old episodes of Match Game

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
pussy :dukedog:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

I like this, but I don't enjoy it.

I really like games where you build things. It's fun to start with nothing and slowly get better and better systems in place. Anything where I can build elaborate devices to automate farming materials is incredibly my jam.

I agree with this guy too.
Edit: https://youtu.be/CMNry4PE93Y

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 5, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
quality metal-working vids. i was around the 5000th subscriber to the my_mechanics channel. while i dont think it made sense to make the leg vice jaws exactly parallel in a closed position and think you should absolutely restore threads before going to a tap and die set so you dont unnecessarily remove too much metal he otherwise does quality work and is imitated all the time

something about leaving metal tools resurfaced and protected so theyll last way longer than you will is just so satisfying

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Something Awful

:banjo:

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Shadow0 posted:

I like this, but I don't enjoy it.

I really like games where you build things. It's fun to start with nothing and slowly get better and better systems in place. Anything where I can build elaborate devices to automate farming materials is incredibly my jam.

I agree with this guy too.
Edit: https://youtu.be/CMNry4PE93Y

Nice, any interest in the new Animal Crossing?

gary oldmans diary posted:

quality metal-working vids. i was around the 5000th subscriber to the my_mechanics channel. while i dont think it made sense to make the leg vice jaws exactly parallel in a closed position and think you should absolutely restore threads before going to a tap and die set so you dont unnecessarily remove too much metal he otherwise does quality work and is imitated all the time

something about leaving metal tools resurfaced and protected so theyll last way longer than you will is just so satisfying

I take it you do a lot of metal-working yourself. Any projects you're particularly proud of?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
drinkin and screwin

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Those YouTube videos of people racing marbles on elaborate tracks

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Potassium Problems posted:

I take it you do a lot of metal-working yourself
i wish. its a whole other life from mine but definitely something i want to do

Riatsala posted:

Those YouTube videos of people racing marbles on elaborate tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytV76_ZWprQ

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
what i did tonight

BREAKFAST FOR DINNER :blastu:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gettin real baked and then showerbeer

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
I enjoy blacksmithing. I like the heat and I freaking love hitting glowing metal with a hammer. I like the smell of the beeswax when I apply it to the piece. It's super satisfying pulling a big blob of clinker (silica waste impurities) out of the bottom of the forge fire- you can hear the fire "breathe" better. It's like popping a zit getting a haircut or something.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Bernie Sanders

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Action-Bastard posted:

Something Awful

:banjo:

Same! I'm on public transit a lot, so I'd probably have gone more insane without it by now!

Potassium Problems posted:

Nice, any interest in the new Animal Crossing?

I liked the first one, and I remember briefly playing one with rudimentary multiplayer, but unless they add full multiplayer, I'm not sure I'll go for it when there are more interesting games I'd rather get to first. There are just too many games these days.

Cooking is cool and good. Kayaking is also tons of fun, but always a struggle to get people to go out and join you.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I like when good things happen

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

beer ftw

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i also like blasting down hills on my road bike and the fitness that comes with dragging my rear end to the top of them

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Chinatown posted:

what i did tonight

BREAKFAST FOR DINNER :blastu:

:respek:

Uncle Enzo posted:

I enjoy blacksmithing. I like the heat and I freaking love hitting glowing metal with a hammer. I like the smell of the beeswax when I apply it to the piece. It's super satisfying pulling a big blob of clinker (silica waste impurities) out of the bottom of the forge fire- you can hear the fire "breathe" better. It's like popping a zit getting a haircut or something.

Blacksmithing seems like one of those nearly-lost-arts where if you're not a part of a family/business that's been doing it for generations then learning how to do it or breaking into the industry seems pretty difficult. How'd you get your start?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Dogs

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
booze

decent heavy metal music

the throne room scene from Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back

snow, when i dont need to leave the farm or do anythign

Christmas lights

a really well tied tie (full windsor bitch)

a clean shaven neck

steak with butter

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Very loud Doom Metal.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/2NOyU2q.mp4

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Voice chats w goons

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

Voice chats w goons

Que?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

You speak out loud online.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
posting

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

You speak out loud online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKxTKljoo8

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I like learning about traditional musical instruments by watching youtube videos. Last night I was watching people play the guqin, guzheng, and ruan (chinese) and found this awesome channel that makes pretty videos like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-8AOJbdsDQ

edit:

also this. I have no plans to start machining but I love watching This Old Tony.

Novo fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 5, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Drinkin a big fuckin glass of milk and not even worrying if I get it all in my mouth. :munch:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Dumping a HUGE turd.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

A well constructed Excel spreadsheet

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Dicks and God.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

I'm really wanting to get into this on a small scale level, just fuckin around with knives or other small bits. I live in an apartment though so I'm gonna ask my grandpa if i can get the stuff and on some weekends head down to his rural home. Spend some time with my grandpa and also pound away on some hot metal.

If I ever buy a home (lol) then I'd like to set up a forge shed where I can have an actual fire instead of propane

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Japanese videogames

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Skypie posted:

I'm really wanting to get into this on a small scale level, just fuckin around with knives or other small bits. I live in an apartment though so I'm gonna ask my grandpa if i can get the stuff and on some weekends head down to his rural home. Spend some time with my grandpa and also pound away on some hot metal.

If I ever buy a home (lol) then I'd like to set up a forge shed where I can have an actual fire instead of propane

I did a one day course and made a small knife. Was great. Definitely want a place big enough for a forge. Too much Forged in Fire watching I think...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Nice plug, I haven't seen that channel yet. One night I was high and on YouTube and went down a real rabbit hole of metal restoration time lapse videos. It was so relaxing and satisfying. I'll check this channel out this weekend!