Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

thanks to this thread i went and got popeye's. :yum:

pro tip though: always get the spicy one. it's the least spicy "spicy" thing on the planet. it has a faint aroma of hot sauce in the breading and that's it. those cinnamon hearts you get on valentine's day are hotter.

i definitely brought spicy chicken to a thing one time where children were present and it was too spicy for them. their parents need to raise them better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
reminds me of that one weird reddit post where the OP's partner's family had a really weird thing where it was forbidden to drink anything while you eat, then at the end of the meal everybody sips on a glass of water

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

reminds me of that one weird reddit post where the OP's partner's family had a really weird thing where it was forbidden to drink anything while you eat, then at the end of the meal everybody sips on a glass of water

:stare:

Protestants are loving weird.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

:stare:

Protestants are loving weird.

that ain't religion, that's just hosed in the head.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

hachi machi

yeah. that timing is no bueno

regardless that is above and beyond anything i expected for dry ice shenanigans jonny :aaa:

Jonny 290 posted:

i read this as a shared glass of water and honestly after the first part it isnt any more weird than their own

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

in high school a bunch of my friends worked at wendys and they all said there were this couple of families thatd come in and order whatever but the drink was always split with 5 cups and wouldnt touch it until the end

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
anyways we're one stat away from the county shutting down again, i give it maybe wednesday

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

graph posted:

in high school a bunch of my friends worked at wendys and they all said there were this couple of families thatd come in and order whatever but the drink was always split with 5 cups and wouldnt touch it until the end

When I worked at Wendy’s in high school there was a couple of twins that would come in, order the same thing, sit side-by-side at a 4-top, and eat almost in unison. When they were done their trays would look identical. Fork in the bottom of the salad bowl, napkin crumbled up on top of that, drink in the top left of the tray, rolled up straw paper on the bottom left of the tray, etc.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
coders for the matrix reusing code smh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
“have it your way, neo.”

—morpheus

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

i'll confess, i ate a lot of chik fil a years ago because they were in the next door spot in the mall. as they transitioned from Oddly Sweet and Very Customer Oriented to Idpol Chud Chicken, the quality went SO downhill.

their thing where they keep the soda fountains at the counter and you have to bother one of the poor overworked counter staff teens for a refill is super weird.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

rule 36 tho

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i have been getting a popeyes chicken sandwich and some biscuits delivered like once a week during the pandemic its getting out of hand.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
reminds me of a good story of youthful stupidity

my friends and i bought a $250 honda accord to have a beater car we could drive around in the woods because thats the kind of thing you do in high school when you don’t have beer

since it wasnt legally titled and no one really wanted to hold on to it, we parked it in a friends driveway while their family was out of town around the hokidays.

the neighbors thought it was suspicious and tried to contact the family that lived at the house. the owner of the house knew nothing about the car.

long story short on NYE 1999 I was gonna watch the ball drop at a friends place and saw “MILLENNIUM BOMB THREAT IN WEST AUSTIN” as the headline story on the 10 oclock local news and it turned out they’d evacuated the whole neighborhood after deciding it was some sort of car bomb. we went out to clear it up and had to walk past a big crowd of confused people who had been forced out of their homes for the last few hours.

the cops had my friend walk up past the barricades and the bomb defusing robot and open the trunk to prove it was our car. there were a few helicopters out circling around too. it was pretty fun!

we never actually made a threat and we were white nerds so nothing really came of it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s the kind of poo poo that is “boys will be boys” and makes life worth living

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

number go up

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fart simpson posted:

number go up

USA is never going to recover from this is it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

nope

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Roosevelt posted:

if you want a vision of the future, just imagine a republican coughing in a child's face, forever

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Roosevelt posted:

the rest of the world is going to get it under control in a year or so while the US will be barred for years until it finally burns through us- if that ever actually happens

they won't be able to resist allowing our upper crust in because $$$ and it'll kick things off again across the globe tho :unsmigghh:

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the rest of the world is going to get it under control in a year or so while the US will be barred for years until it finally burns through us- if that ever actually happens

they won't be able to resist allowing our upper crust in because $$$ and it'll kick things off again across the globe tho :unsmigghh:

i mean at this rate it'll burn through in a few months

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PIZZA.BAT posted:

in this modern world you don't have to allow people in to allow dollars in

eventually there's going to be an effective cure available and then maybe a UN mission can start distributing it in the US and get it under control to the point that emigration is permitted

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Florida breaks state, U.S. record with 15,300 coronavirus cases reported in single day

stupid state, or stupidest state?

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Somebody edit bugs_bunny_florida.gif and give him a mask

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I love how disney is trading a few days of theme park income for those parks being tarred as plague dens forever and going the way of the cruise industry

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

people have goldfish memories and will be flocking back asap.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

people have goldfish memories and will be flocking back asap.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theme parks and cruise ships were plague pits long before covid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah but it used to be a lot easier to pretend they weren't

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
trump wore a mask and its thr single best thing hes done in his presidecy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
nah it was mocking bolton for wanting to bomb everyone and refusing to invade iran

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

imagine what an urgent, critical national defense meeting is like with trump

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a squinting orange man making permanent duckface with arms crossed and the sound of crickets coming from his ears, same as always

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nah it was mocking bolton for wanting to bomb everyone and refusing to invade iran

how bad does it have to hurt when you're idea is so bad that you can't convince the weakest-minded man on earth to do it?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rotor posted:

how bad does it have to hurt when you're idea is so bad that you can't convince the weakest-minded man on earth to do it?

if there's one thing more powerful than his stupidity, it's probably his cowardice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

rotor posted:

like this is the political version of someone using two lifelines then getting the answer wrong on the first question of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carry on then posted:

imagine what an urgent, critical national defense meeting is like with trump

ive been listening to boltons book out of lurid curiosity and it is exactly how you would imagine with multiple people telling bolton it only gets worse and the guy just smirking and thinking he can be the guy to ride the tiger safely

i dont know why he writes so smugly about his hubris but it is very consistent with my image of him

rotor posted:

every chapter is like this. just imagine getting so constantly hoisted by your own petard and going back for more my posts, dont sign, so forth

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

DuckConference posted:

i mean at this rate it'll burn through in a few months

nah at this rate it will take years

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

fart simpson posted:

nah at this rate it will take years

70k confirmed = 280k-700k actual infections (I mean maybe 140k-1.4M who the gently caress knows)

you probably run out of people who can get infected in a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

for it to happen this year it will have to keep growing until we're seeing like a million new cases a day

in the First Wave we basically leveled off at 30k a day for a while and held that. even at 100k a day you're looking at 7 years until you hit "herd immunity" if thats even a thing