Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
still 85 at austin 3 hrs after sunset.

if you like it warm and moist outside there’s another solid month of that here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
after having been gone from nola for a little over 18 months, when i flew back to have the wedding, stepping out of the airport was like trying to suddenly breathe through a microwaved wet sock

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

after having been gone from nola for a little over 18 months, when i flew back to have the wedding, stepping out of the airport was like trying to suddenly breathe through a microwaved wet sock

it’s not houston or nola bad because it’s a few hundred more miles inland, but there is a reason all the marathons here happen in ian/feb instead of april/may.

if you did it in april or may you’d just have people dropping dead.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

going to sf is a week of breathing pea soup. i fuckin hate sea level. that being said i'm about to move to the pacific coast somewhere-ish so im just gonna have to suffer while i re-acclimate to swamp air. upside is that my truck and motorcycles will have 15% more horsepower compared to what i'm used to up here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

don’t you feel super strong and healthy when you come to sea level tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah one hack is to get acclimated to mile high denver and then exercise and train. its why a lot of the olympic camps, both summer and winter, are up here. then when you go down to sea level you're a hyper oxygenated monster

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

one of my facebook friends moved to oregon two days ago. what the hell is the matter with you?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
time to go

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

one of my facebook friends moved to oregon two days ago. what the hell is the matter with you?

did they start planning to move to a different state earlier this week too

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

did they start planning to move to a different state earlier this week too

i think they had it planned post-covid outbreak but pre-hellfire but still wtf

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

just driving into certain doom, no big deal

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fix your windshield op

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

little known fact, everyone in the pnw has a broken windshield

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah, it's like that here too

all those lovely rocks from the gravel trucks in the winter

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Roosevelt posted:

i just drove from denver to seattle via the north route

it was beautiful, back then, in august...

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

i live in michigan. those are actually my dank vape clouds.

I do too (Lansing) and the explanation we'd been hearing for the sky looking all weird the past few days is that the smoke from the west coast fires was making it all the way here

your explanation makes a lot more sense though

Penguissimo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 17, 2020

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

going to sf is a week of breathing pea soup. i fuckin hate sea level. that being said i'm about to move to the pacific coast somewhere-ish so im just gonna have to suffer while i re-acclimate to swamp air. upside is that my truck and motorcycles will have 15% more horsepower compared to what i'm used to up here

lol even at sea level the west coast is dry as gently caress. you want pea soup come to dc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Penguissimo posted:

I do too (Lansing) and the explanation we'd been hearing for the sky looking all weird the past few days is that the smoke from the west coast fires was making it all the way here

your explanation makes a lot more sense though

hell yes. another michigoon. our powers grow. :getin:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going through a giant bowl of seriously delicious home made humus.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm going through a giant bowl of seriously delicious home made humus.

can you post your recipe? i tried to make some the other day by guessing the ingredients but it was missing something i couldn't put my finger on; tasted awesome with a little chili garlic sauce mixed in but it never tasted quite like hummus. maybe I didn't add enough tahini

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ime when in doubt tahini it out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i make it with a little plain yogurt

in order of quantity:

chickpeas
yogurt
tahini
garlic
lemon juice
salt

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PIZZA.BAT posted:

my boss's dad just died to covid. i think there's been several coworkers who've lost family members now

where the hell are they getting it

ShadowHawk posted:

This is the dirty secret of NASCAR and why no one actually tries very hard until the last few laps

the end of this years talladega was fuckin awesome though

Hed posted:

current WFH status: the office wants us back by late October even though COVID is way higher now locally

one of the columns in :waves hands: some organization is forcing people to go back into the office next week

President Beep posted:

looking out the window of my home office just now, noticing the low angle of the sun. getting those comfy autumn feels...

its 66 and cloudy with a 10mph breeze, perfect

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

last weekend i drove from slc to seattle and it was like this the entire way

very good!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

where the hell are they getting it

most of them are in san fran and got hit during the initial outbreak. my boss's dad was in a retirement home

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

can you post your recipe? i tried to make some the other day by guessing the ingredients but it was missing something i couldn't put my finger on; tasted awesome with a little chili garlic sauce mixed in but it never tasted quite like hummus. maybe I didn't add enough tahini

if it tastes good, but not quite "like" whatever it may just be the salt/acid/fat content. beans need enough salt to be palatable, under-seasoned beans just taste like meh, but once you get the salt they really come together. same with refried beans, not enough salt and it just tastes like bean paste, add enough salt and it tastes like refried beans. IMO hummus usually has a decent tang to it as well, so you need to add sufficient acid to get it there. then you also need enough fat to get the texture/mouth feel right, from the tahini/olive oil.

it's also a bit weird since blending the chickpeas hot can help with smoothness, but that will heavily bias the taste. i'd usually blend hot with garlic, then mix with the other stuff (salt, lemon juice, seasonings) until it tasted right. but it almost always tasted different after it cooled down.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i think not living in this hell would be neat

don't dm me

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

hell yes. another michigoon. our powers grow. :getin:

lead poisoning isn't going to give you super powers beep :(

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cold on a Cob posted:

well now, i mean, lets think about this for a minute

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, i get my powers from the air pollution that comes over the lake from chicago. schadenboner’s posts coming from milwaukee probably gently caress things up too.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

yeah, i get my powers from the air pollution that comes over the lake from chicago. schadenboner’s posts coming from milwaukee probably gently caress things up too.

There's a cool sausage factory in Milwaukee called Usinger's and I order so much from them that they sent me a special cool sausage menu + coupons.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

Having lots of lead in your body allows you to survive higher levels of radiation which lets you get stronger super powers, obviously.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Eeyo posted:

mouth feel

i really hate this term

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's a cool sausage factory in Milwaukee called Usinger's and I order so much from them that they sent me a special cool sausage menu + coupons.

there's a bar here with a meat wheel of fortune you can spin to win sausages and I affectionately refer to it as "doing a meatspin"

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

there's a bar here with a meat wheel of fortune you can spin to win sausages and I affectionately refer to it as "doing a meatspin"

When I had roommates one of them was a big meat head who kept an elliptical machine in my room

One day when he was doing a super long set and didn’t want to be interrupted I put meatspin on my computer and turned it way up and left.

Think he got 50 minutes of meatspin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Corla Plankun posted:

can you post your recipe?

According to the cook it was the normal recipe. A bowl of unpeeled chickpeas cooked with salt, some pepper added at the end. Also garlic, lemon, cumin, 2 tbsp of white tahine and a dash of gomasio. I think non peeled chickpeas give you meaner farts but :effort:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

i really hate this term

mm that new travis scott burger hit me right in the mouth feels

Apr 7, 2003

Eeyo posted:

mm that new travis scott burger hit me right in the mouth feels

The mouth feel was amazeballs

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i don't even own a travis scott :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

I ordered the Travis Scott McNugget pillow and can’t wait to get it.