Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

we've got a good rails to trails network here, we won't ride on the road either. People are murderous.

until we get stuff like truly protected cycle tracks around here there’s no way in hell i’ll ride on the road. feels really good to load up the bikes into the back of the car to drive to some dedicated trails a mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

some years back me and a work buddy decided to start biking into work and the very first day a car hit him

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Owned

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I biked everywhere for many years of my life and haven't been on one a single time since moving to Seattle. People here drive like utter dogshit and I will definitely die

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
reminder that sharrows are a thing. lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the arrow means you get a speed boost when you hit the biker

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Blinkz0rz posted:

i had it very early on before vaxes were available and it was pretty awful

certainly the most sick i've ever felt in my life. lungs still hurt every now and then and i'll probably need emergency albuterol for the rest of my life :cool:

nice

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
oh boy my c/w who was sneezy yesterday who i told to get the gently caress out and go home didnt and they loving popped this morning

great

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
went you just sick? they probably got it from you don't you think?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Corla Plankun posted:

went you just sick? they probably got it from you don't you think?

i had whatever rsv garbage is going around. they have two kids and one of them was exposed last week but no one popped

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

MononcQc posted:

I’m gonna have a bag of n95s and work will provide tests + carbon testers and poo poo so the airplane is the big deal.

Not sure how long your flight is, but I had to travel for work (boss's boss's boss offsite etc) and made it through with a vflex. It sucked going 5-6 hrs with no eating or drinking (mask on before entering airport and not off until I was out on the other side), especially because eating Special Airport Garbage is the only fun part of business travel, but the vflex was fine comfort wise. I ended up wearing it all day at the office too (only one) and it was also fine.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the tests sleepy joe sent me have had their expirations extended, so thats good

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

woah, amazing!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

havelock posted:

Not sure how long your flight is, but I had to travel for work (boss's boss's boss offsite etc) and made it through with a vflex. It sucked going 5-6 hrs with no eating or drinking (mask on before entering airport and not off until I was out on the other side), especially because eating Special Airport Garbage is the only fun part of business travel, but the vflex was fine comfort wise. I ended up wearing it all day at the office too (only one) and it was also fine.

yeah I’m not afraid of wearing the mask long, though my flight is 7h long and there’s a bunch of time doing the airport first. Thirst is probably gonna be the trickiest one.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i always get thirsty as hell on flights. too hot too

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i hear tell that straws can slip under your mask

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

MononcQc posted:

yeah I’m not afraid of wearing the mask long, though my flight is 7h long and there’s a bunch of time doing the airport first. Thirst is probably gonna be the trickiest one.

Oof 7 hrs is rough. I made sure I was really hydrated before getting to the airport and it was ok. It feels like you could hold your breath, take a drink, exhale into your mask as you put it back on, and limit exposure that way.

Good luck.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

President Beep posted:

i always get thirsty as hell on flights. too hot too

take a water bottle and ask the attendants to fill it for you - on my ~14 hour flights back home they'll start to get annoyed around the 5th time I ask but dammit i drink a lot of water.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
airplane wine gives me hella gas. i am rocket powered after landing

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

havelock posted:

Oof 7 hrs is rough. I made sure I was really hydrated before getting to the airport and it was ok. It feels like you could hold your breath, take a drink, exhale into your mask as you put it back on, and limit exposure that way.

Good luck.

yeah I got some Gatorade I’ll drink down before entering the airport. if I must I’ll grab a sip on the plane from a bottle real quick while the plane is in the air (better air circulation, less co2) and minimize risk overall.

I’ll land at like 10pm, probably will grab whatever food I can find for the hotel and go to sleep after a long shower.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

graph posted:

airplane wine gives me hella gas. i am rocket powered after landing

I always get hella gassy in planes, I think it's the lower pressure or something.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

I biked everywhere for many years of my life and haven't been on one a single time since moving to Seattle. People here drive like utter dogshit and I will definitely die

when I was a teenager I was biking along and I saw a girl I liked so I tried to impress her by slowing down quickly but I just ended up jaming the front wheel and going over the handlebars. she was not impressed. she probably didn’t even notice

and no please don’t ask me why I thought that she’d be impressed by slowing down fast let alone even be able to tell

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

i always get thirsty as hell on flights.
this is why they started serving free bevs on flights early on. wildly common complaint due to altitude/recycled air and was easy enough to address

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

this is why they started serving free bevs on flights early on. wildly common complaint due to altitude/recycled air and was easy enough to address

for most of the flights I’ve ever been on they’d do that bullshit where they pour you half a can of pop and then stow the remainder away in the depths of the service cart. last trip though they just have me the whole thing. mysterious.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what was up with that half can thing anyway? you’d think they would just give the other half to someone esle but i never got the portion left in the can nor did i ever see they serve anyone else without popping a new one open. :confused:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve only ever been given the full can with a cup full of ice that can fit half the can at a time

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

what was up with that half can thing anyway? you’d think they would just give the other half to someone esle but i never got the portion left in the can nor did i ever see they serve anyone else without popping a new one open. :confused:
somebody thought it would be cheaper that way

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

President Beep posted:

good fas will remember what they have open but if it's something popular it's faster to crack a new one every time and clean up halves near the end.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

i hear tell that straws can slip under your mask

yeah i have a waterbottle with a flip out straw part and i am still covid free despite taking over 30 flight segments last year

wearing a mask is not that difficult

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

we've got a good rails to trails network here, we won't ride on the road either. People are murderous.

did you see this one from a few days ago? California bicyclist struck by car and then stabbed to death

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Orange County, makes sense.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thats shaggars cousin

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

shaggnar, the surfer dude

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
dude heard that thing about it being better to kill someone with your car than maim them but didn't fully understand how it worked

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I did it, I sat in the sad loving plane for like 7h without drinking or eating anything and I never took off my n95. The plane had a bunch of idiot poo poo coughers on it too.

what an unpleasant experience I’ll have to repeat later this week.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
condolences for people that have to fly, especially for long durations. i haven't flown anywhere since 2018. gently caress airports.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

shaggnar, the surfer dude

let’s hang (a) ten (speed bike from the bumper)!

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

MononcQc posted:

I did it, I sat in the sad loving plane for like 7h without drinking or eating anything and I never took off my n95. The plane had a bunch of idiot poo poo coughers on it too.

what an unpleasant experience I’ll have to repeat later this week.

Nice work - glad you made it through. Nothing like being surrounded by coughing people to deepen your resolve.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I’ve been back for 3 days and so far I’m still testing negative and have got no symptoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

This city has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen before I moved to the west coast.