Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

reminder that reporting beds taken up by covid patients or in-house covid infections is optional now

i mean yeah, covid is over. maybe desantis will outlaw the practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol

https://twitter.com/ritaresarian/status/1662210949384916993

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

welp the rona finally got your boy, I’m pretty sure I caught it in one of my mandatory work in the office days since my partner who I spent the weekend with doesn’t have it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qirex posted:

welp the rona finally got your boy, I’m pretty sure I caught it in one of my mandatory work in the office days since my partner who I spent the weekend with doesn’t have it

rest up, drink up, hopefully you just feel like rear end for a few days and are back up next weekend.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
as far as i know i still haven't gotten it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
covirgin alert

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what an idiot. I've had it countless times. well I'm sure someone could count it but not me on account of the brain fog

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Stereotype posted:

as far as i know i still haven't gotten it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Still Covid free.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

same. can’t make me go back!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

covirgin alert

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

qirex posted:

one of us one of us One of Us One Of Us ONE OF US what was i doing again

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you can’t get covid for free!

*narrator voice* you can.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TehSaurus posted:

same. can’t make me go back!

good, keep it that way.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
We were planning around this age to move to a condo downtown with as little car dependence as we could manage and covid pretty much killed that dream dead. Sad.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
today and tomorrow last time to get free tests in the us: https://special.usps.com/testkits

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

theres no evidence that covid spreads around kids in schools

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that’s good news

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

i have yet to see a convincing RCT that proves that children exist

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

kids just don't want to work any more

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I know I don’t want to work anymore

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Insanite posted:

i have yet to see a convincing RCT that proves that children exist

nor women

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lots of children play roller coaster tycoon

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

my company's finally joining the pack and making noise about needing to 'balance' our remote work with in-office presence

it's pretty bizarre and transparently just doing the pleasing investors through attrition thing, as we've been distributed and remote-first for like 15 years lol

why does everyone have to be so dumb

Insanite fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 7, 2023

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Insanite posted:

my company's finally joining the packing and making noise about needing to 'balance' our remote work with in-office presence

it's pretty bizarre and transparently just doing the pleasing investors through attrition thing, as we've been distributed and remote-first for like 15 years lol

number go up!

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Insanite posted:

The commercial real estate 'industry' holds up the economy and it's based on a bunch of entities that trade pokemon cards back and forth while saying "this card is now worth twice what it was last time we exchanged it," and the banks nod and say "that's right!" and issue loans based on the new card valuation.

If commercial real estate valuations were realistic the economy would fall apart overnight, so they're doing everything they can to keep valuations inflated.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The commercial real estate 'industry' holds up the economy and it's based on a bunch of entities that trade pokemon cards back and forth while saying "this card is now worth twice what it was last time we exchanged it," and the banks nod and say "that's right!" and issue loans based on the new card valuation.

If commercial real estate valuations were realistic the economy would fall apart overnight, so they're doing everything they can to keep valuations inflated.

it’s cool when this bullshit thinking spills over into the public sector because clearly private businesses are always more efficient and rational so we should emulate them.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thankfully my boss has the good sense to see through that crap and realizes it makes zero difference where I work.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

President Beep posted:

thankfully my boss has the good sense to see through that crap and realizes it makes zero difference where I work.

yeah, having a boss like that is pretty nice.

what you gotta watch out for is when his boss starts getting ideas!

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

my boss is cool but 100% remote and will probably be axed when the company leans hard into RTO lol

can't wait to waste ::checks off-peak time to get from home to office using Boston's crumbling infrastructure:: 2 hours every day to work with people who live on the other side of the world

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jabor posted:

that’s already happened a bit, but she’s been able to fend it off for now.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jabor posted:

yeah if im ever taken down by the powers that be it will be for this reason.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

they paid me money to get a booster even though i am a few thousand kilometres away from HQ :getin:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got a bivalent booster yesterday

my arm is a bit tender

I probably won't survive

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you'll be fine, I just checked your diagnostics in the 5G database

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
down here we can only afford to have lte vaccines :cry:

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
my boss's boss is also remote and he's VP reports to CEO level. they traded down on office space to save cash. we ain't ever doing RTO

for once it's nice to work somewhere that makes sense

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

new director in the office has declared everyone back in the office five days a week for "increased collaboration". absolutely rules cause i don't even work for the guy or the company that rents this dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

new director in the office has declared everyone back in the office five days a week for "increased collaboration". absolutely rules cause i don't even work for the guy or the company that rents this dump

then don’t listen to him! bingo bango