Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
stay the gently caress home karen

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/06/15/woman-15-friends-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-night-out-at-lynchs/

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

i bet composers of inspirational piano music are making a loving killing right now

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

aeflux posted:

cheers to being holed up

i made the mistake for the first time of going to the grocery store not at 6 in the morning last week and it was a zoo of people without masks. not doing that again

we made masks mandatory here, and people are compliant, no one complains about it really. before it was required though, lots of people skipped it

early morning is the way to go; wednesday and thursday morning are especially quiet times to go out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

aeflux posted:

i bet composers of inspirational piano music are making a loving killing right now

i'm going long on urns this year

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im like insanely pro mask because you can get some loving cool looking ones and they gently caress facial recognition and lets just lean into the anonymous cyberpunk future imo. I don't think i'll ever stop wearing one, asia was right

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
they increased the mandatory mask stuff here and people just care even less; they're all "over it"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the #1 foam finger raises some interesting theological questions tbqh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

oh yeah that deep cleaning the owner’s doing now will definitely make it safe for them to reopen. for sure.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
everyone knows that viruses, like maggots, spontaneously appear in their environment. there’s no additional vector involved.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
is jacksonville beach close to where the rnc convention is going to be, because, if so i like where this is going

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Good on Ciaphas bailing from Vegas, for all the previous reasons plus

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1272927772944535552

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

the exception has been the organic grocery we have in town. it's harder to get to but each time i've gone 100% of shoppers and staff are wearing masks and it makes me happy. when i need to top up i go there

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

everyone knows that viruses, like maggots, spontaneously appear in their environment. there’s no additional vector involved.
i googled it. it was spontaneous generation from poor ol’ freckles

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

aeflux posted:

the exception has been the organic grocery we have in town. it's harder to get to but each time i've gone 100% of shoppers and staff are wearing masks and it makes me happy. when i need to top up i go there

well yeah its full of libs

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Uptime Sinclair posted:

yes, the food at lynch's is pretty bad, but calling it horsemeat might be going a little far

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

well yeah its full of libs

a surprising lack of punisher logo stickers on chudwagons in the parking lot there yet that subaru game is strong

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the #1 foam finger raises some interesting theological questions tbqh

COVID-19 is the rapture

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I drive a Subaru with a bike rack. I have been pulled over and ticketed for the bike rack.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

obstructing license plate?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I drive a Subaru with a bike rack. I have been pulled over and ticketed for the bike rack.

I assume because it was because it was sticking out the back too far
e: or the license plate thing

too bad you can’t use a roof rack

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

more like bad humours!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

not enough amber bile.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Good on Ciaphas bailing from Vegas, for all the previous reasons plus

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1272927772944535552

our largest single day was last Friday with a total of 30 cases statewide

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

i can't remember what thread it was but since someone pointed out the punisher logo becoming the bootlicker's choice of decor i can't stop seeing them on cars. it's everywhere

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

my love for plants overcame my fear of pandemic and i went out on my first not-bodega shopping trip in 13 weeks yesterday, just to the home depot garden center, i did not go inside

the very nice woman at the checkout (mask gloves etc) and i chatted, she talked about how people were taking it seriously but a month ago people just quit caring. every employee was wearing a mask, maybe 5% of customers i saw were. i wished her safety and took my petunias home and now i'm holed up for another 13 weeks because gently caress this nation full of absolute fools

my mom was in town over mother's day and we both went to the local plant nursery, it was fuckin slammed with olds and like half of them didn't have masks

the grocery store is even worse, the only place that's requiring compliance here is whole foods lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

not enough amber bile.
dephlogisticating tori in broad daylight, wow

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

thank you for attorning to the canadian nanny state

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

steamroller: covid-19
guard: america
austin/vanessa: scientists

https://i.imgur.com/sWF1QbV.mp4

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

wear a loving mask and stay home

loving wrap a tshirt around your head if you can't afford a mask

just wear a loving mask if you have to be out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i got one of those cyclist masks that has n95 filters in it. super comfy, a+++ would grocery shop in again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1272935502753087489?s=21

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

outta the park

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

aeflux posted:

obstructing license plate?

yep, just interesting to me that it happened driving through the middle of nowhere, I never get bothered for it in the city.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my bay area county still requires masks when youre in businesses or workplaces so the last couple of trips to the grocery and drug stores ive seen 98% compliance (although im noticing more people poking their noses over their masks)

walking around the neighborhood or visiting parks has a much lower compliance rating

people are still good about maintaining six foot distance in both environments

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I feel like everyone in Alameda county got the social bubble notices but missed the increased mask requirement

probably because they're just getting all their information from businesses

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

yep, just interesting to me that it happened driving through the middle of nowhere, I never get bothered for it in the city.

lol of course

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
cops in tiny towns are irredeemable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Stereotype posted:

cops are irredeemable