Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Trade in your wife and kids for a bigger car, it worked for your parents' generation.

no no trade up for a bigger wife

bigger is always better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

borat voice my towering Smythewife

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

no no trade up for a bigger wife

bigger is always better
big wife, big life

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
First day of classes and all of the :yayclod: stuff is falling over- Zoom, MS Teams, etc.

Also one of the pizza places that gives out free breadsticks for campus on-boarding for students that was done the last couple of weeks had a positive COVID case. lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FMguru posted:

big wife, big life

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

First day of classes and all of the :yayclod: stuff is falling over- Zoom, MS Teams, etc.

Also one of the pizza places that gives out free breadsticks for campus on-boarding for students that was done the last couple of weeks had a positive COVID case. lol

My brother is married to an elementary school teacher and he had to go in and set up her Zoom stuff because the school does not have someone on staff to handle it and can't afford to hire one.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

big wife , big life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Ask "car enthusiasts" if they'd prefer to drive over just teleporting to their destination. They'd give up driving pretty fast.

dude idk

when I stay at my gfs im a 2min drive from my work

I get no chance to relax, listen to a podcast, no opportunity to stop at a shop and grab a redbull, chat with my kids

like ues, you can do those things in other ways, but for example, talking to people when driving is easier than face to face or whatever, and it has to happen, you dont have to put time aside for it

also huffing gas when filling up

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

going great, man. new job continues to own, wife and kids are a-okay. how are you?

hey that’s p deece. I’m stuck in conference call heck at work but at least i have a good paying job that i generally like and a place 2 live. and really we got nothing to complain about except the [waves arms generally]

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

I get no chance to relax, listen to a podcast, no opportunity to stop at a shop and grab a redbull, chat with my kids

like ues, you can do those things in other ways, but for example, talking to people when driving is easier than face to face or whatever, and it has to happen, you dont have to put time aside for it
i hate hate hate when people call me when they’re driving because they’re bored and/or cannot be bothered to try to call at any other time that might be convenient for the person they’re calling. emergencies only.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i hate hate hate when people call me when they’re driving because they’re bored and/or cannot be bothered to try to call at any other time that might be convenient for the person they’re calling. emergencies only.

*deafening sound of rushing wind in the background*
*sound of keys constantly clanging together from the rough roads and poor shock absorvers*
*loses signal constantly*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

FMguru posted:

big wife, big life

phat rear end wife girl

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cold on a Cob posted:

phat rear end wife girl

:smugmrgw:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its fun to take phone calls on the motorbike and see how long it takes them to figure out i'm riding

the noise cancelling voodoo in my helmet set is pretty amazing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

phat rear end wife girl

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Methanar posted:

*deafening sound of rushing wind in the background*
*sound of keys constantly clanging together from the rough roads and poor shock absorvers*
*loses signal constantly*
there’s so much wrong with casual drive calls but at least in my experience the people who make them are exceptionally meandering and i worry they’ll get in an accident, albeit sparing me from sitting through the rest of the call about absolutely nothing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i am talking about talking to people who are in the car with you...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i am talking about talking to people who are in the car with you...
you are personally absolved but my position remains unchanged re: drive calls

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i go for country drives with my partner, it's nice when it's too hot to go hiking or to the park

it's pretty much the only form of driving that's fun though, i guess aside from racing (don't race on streets though wtf)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

its fun to take phone calls on the motorbike and see how long it takes them to figure out i'm riding

ha ha good one punchy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
text motorcycle

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

time to schedule a vasectomy

it legit would be, it's not you'll be missing much while sitting around and recovering

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Met my future new boss.

I guess he's cool.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Methanar posted:

Met my future new boss.

I guess he's cool.
don’t let him mistake your shoes for rockports just because he’s wearing a novelty raccoon necktie with a rugby shirt and is also in charge of you.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

don’t let him mistake your shoes for rockports just because he’s wearing a novelty raccoon necktie with a rugby shirt and is also in charge of you.

this. make sure to tell him the shoe brand and price.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

good morning yos

i look forward to wasting another day doing pointless makework for my employer instead of doing anything else :]

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

this. make sure to tell him the shoe brand and price.
this could powerfully backfire if you don’t assess the famness of his kicks first. what if they’re a better brand and more expensive? you’d never come back from that

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

all telephony systems suck, in their own way

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
&thinsp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

loving lol

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
wfh day crew: no i can't gently caress my wife rn it's my alone time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

go play in traffic, timmy. daddy needs to visit the car in it’s house.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

go play in traffic, timmy. daddy needs to visit the car in it’s house.
https://twitter.com/and_dads_car/status/1297096170276155392?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

so help me christ if you make this about your honda i’m gonna flip out.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

President Beep posted:

You're not going to let a man toot his own horn?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

President Beep posted:

don’t worry, Jesus did not speak of his own accord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Raluek posted:

don’t worry, Jesus did not speak of his own accord