Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i drive a 1986 kuwahara sprint road bike

and a 2012 honda cr-v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i'm a canadian who makes a lot less than you, thanks for the free health care bud

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i worked in germany for a year where the legal minimum is 25 days of paid vacation per year, and no limit on sick time

it's a better place

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Stereotype posted:

it's beer for people who don't like beer. It's a mixed drink in a can. It's essentially just Shmirnoff Ice or wine coolers or hard lemonade which were super popular in the past but are lame now.

The berry ones are good.

I think this is right but I'd add that its distinguishing feature versus what came before is that it doesn't taste like an experiment on how much sugar you can cram into a single can

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I worked at the student newspaper in university and there was a six month period where you were never safe from being iced. one day one guy's mom came in to visit. we asked her what was in the box she was carrying, and it was a smirnoff ice for each person in the office

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I ordered a new cpu, mobo, and ram in order to get the absolute most out of the video games i play (factorio and xcom 2012)

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

wtf am I doing with my life. this money would get you half of a 50-year-old condo in a teardown building in Vancouver

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

around here, 100 years old just means it was built out of old growth instead of plywood

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

could happen. reopening the border will be a huge electoral liability in Canada

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

blackpill is done. now I am grillpilled

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the automobile and its bastard twin, the suburb, are responsible for a gigantic portion of the problems of modernity

I wouldn't be able to get to the backcountry for hiking and camping without one though, and that's been quite important for me during the roni

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

pointing out the atomization, gross misallocation of resources, and social division created by suburbanization is hardly inconsistent with an anticapitalist politics. and for that matter it is ridiculous to conflate criticizing the mass suburbanization of a continent with an "individual choices" argument

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the only children I'm interested in is children of dune

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

teeth are the ultimate counter to the thing where a banana is supposed to prove the theory of intelligent design. here are some organs you need in order to eat, there are too many to fit in your mouth and they rot faster than any other body part

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I went to pick up my girlfriend from the ferry a couple of hours ago and couldn't start my car on account of someone having busted the lock and ripped out the ignition

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

go windsurfing. looks fuckin fun as hell

I'm supposed to be packing for a move but maybe I'll go windsurfing instead

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I work hard between the hours of 9 and 5 and that's it

well, maybe not that hard

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I spent the day protecting protestors from the fash

this is all I care about now

a hosed up part of me wishes the fash was closer so i could be doing this instead of impotently watching the news. very hosed attitude, obviously it's good that there aren't fascist demonstrations taking place where my roots are. anyway the real point is that i admire this

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I'm sure the corn syrup doesn't help but search your heart, of course it fucks you up

the roni: it is better not to get it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

ShadowHawk posted:

Roommates have taken to ordering food from a restaurant supply business lately. Like huge amounts of that prepackaged meat you can find in cheap gyros shops, conveniently frozen.

dudes rock

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I really hate the way barn doors look. it's like steampunk for people who describe themselves as "a little bit country"

e: we had a pocket door when I was growing up and I dont believe it has ever been closed except for when we had new dogs that hadn't been trained not to walk on the carpet yet

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

too much cottagecore, not enough crabcore imo

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my house only has doors that open up, like a DeLorean

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

day 10 of a month here. I've done it before and honestly I find it a lot easier than trying to do a week

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

an old roommate of mine made a blackberry mead once. somehow it kept fermenting for way longer than it should have been able to, because the alcohol percentage should have killed the yeast or something like that. he had to ration it out to everyone because he had no idea how much alcohol was in it other than "a loving lot"

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

whoops looks like the ferry ran aground

(I can hear the wind outside so maybe the wind had something to do with it)

oh jesus. do they have enough old men staring at it saying "well there's your problem"?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I stopped at a microbrewery in a small town around here a few years ago and their beer was like a naked gun bit. there were no regular-rear end beers, just "experimental" ones. there was a "salsa amber" that looked and kind of smelled like vomit. it sounds like a joke but I swear they actually had a "coffee lager" that literally had coffee grounds in it.

it was in Chilliwack BC and there's no way it still exists. I wish I knew what it was called.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

to be clear, I'm not saying they made this lager with coffee grounds, I'm saying they served me a glass of lovely lager with a bunch of coffee grounds sitting in the bottom.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I am one week away from finishing my dry month. looking forward to a glass of wine tbqh

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the best form of birth control is that you know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run,

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

gf and I are thinking about having a kid in roughly two years, any advice?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why the gently caress would you have a kid in tyool 2020 lmfao are you actually serious

2022 actually

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

pregnant women are many many times more likely to commit homicide and women murderers in general tend to kill their spouses

geez, twist my arm, I'll do it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I live in an apartment and if I got the weights I miss from the gym they would have to replace my dining table or bed or something

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the interior design style is yospos chic *sits down on 2x4 balanced on two overturned milk crates*

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I played some pool against this old timer in a bar near here once. I started out beating him pretty soundly, but he ended up winning with the innovative strategy of switching from shooting solids to shooting stripes midway through the game.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

that's why my truck is named Sam Stone

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I like to bite into raw broccoli like an apple

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i had an english teacher in high school who had a mild but legitimate case of OCD - she would compulsively clean the room and overreact to untidiness and such. she also had some kind of role creating the curriculum for the ministry so she was away for a month and this fresh new teacher took over for that time. on his second day or so he was climbing on a desk trying to change a light or something, fell, and put his foot through the wall. he then hung a poster over top of it, told the kids who were there not to say anything, and left it for the original clean freak teacher to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I saw someone post somewhere that homer simpson has gone from being an idiot loser to an outrageous success story by owning a nice house, having a family, and having a good union job just by staying in his mid 30s for 30 years. that one keeps rolling around in my head.