Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

MONDAY MORNING MUTHAFUCKAASSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

In case anyone is interested, the "locks" on institutional toilet paper dispensers can be pried open with any small flat object like a motorcycle key

No particular reason that I know this, just a factoid

bout to get my coworkers and hit work hq like an mmo raid

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

that was only 5000 years ago?

earth is only 6000 years old dummy

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

apparently my department was instructed to feel free to grab our monitors and hardware because we aren’t coming back any time soon :toot:

lmao I did this in march and was walking though center city philly with a couple grand of computer equipment strapped to my person. nothing to see here, folks

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I think a lot of my coworkers waited too long and got stuck at home with nothing :/

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is being asked to go into the office next Thursday to get a teleconference room configured for a deposition

We both work in the same building, during normal hours it's a 64 floor building that filters over 5,000 people in and out through ONE escalator.

Sounds like a great place to be during a pandemic lol

my $MONSTER_CORP isn't opening up physical operations at headquarters anytime soon and probably not this calendar year for exactly this reason. it's nice, they're like "we can do whatever we want because of who we are and you all can stay the gently caress home until it's safe"

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Shaggar posted:

HR people are the most useless people on the earth.

what about the software developers?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

they make the unreal engine op

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

good thing our former resident game dev lmo got out before all this

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

freedom isn’t free

it cost a hefty fuckin fee, op

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

so im gonna finally file for an (amicable) divorce, and the slack has agreed that when its finalized, my reward will be me buying a white rf miata cash

bought a GTI a month and change ago

buy the small fun car. its great

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

The Fool posted:

I owned a wrx for a few years in my 20's

it was fun then, not super interested anymore

the gti is good because its a great normal, every day car

then later you can press some buttons and it becomes fun as heck

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

The Fool posted:

i'm trying to drive less not more

oh yeah for sure

im a huge moron for owning this. I understand this

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

I just drove to the liquor store to get a bottle of whiskey and a 12er and lol! they've installed 3 roundabouts in my path between here and there! Neat! I almost poo poo myself!

I drive infrequently enough that i have a cigarette lighter jack solar panel i keep on my truck dash. Think I put 300 miles on it last year and 600 the year before.

I love to encounter a previously unknown roundabout

I assume it's good for traffic flow and safety and it makes the right kind of people angry as gently caress

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

welcome 2 the club gtis rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

as a millenial ive never experienced a recession before

hell, same