Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

our CEO is trying to email the company every day about how well we are coping with WFH and essentials in office.

today it included a comment about how my team has daily 30 mins stand-ups on Teams at 9:00 in the morning.

i dont know where the gently caress that came from because that is not happening, and im still in bed at 9AM...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Good parents give kids gifts in trying times and help them overcome hardships through a combination of personal relations and teaching valuable lessons of sharing good experiences with their siblings

ask me about playing pokemon with my sister on my original Game Boy and her on her much color see-through Game Boy Mini when I was in hospital as a kid

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ive encouraged my colleagues to spend some time on self-improvment. read some books, take an online course. Things that arent normally possible in a regular work-day because dumbasses keep walking up to you in your open office space and disturb you.

do that.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

heh, you guys, i dont follow the news so when i get them theyre OLDS

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

there should be an autoban for posting a thread

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

welp, my boss instituted daily Team telcos at 10 every morning now.

spent 40 mins discussing nothing and watching youtube clips about the cicada plague in africa

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The Fool posted:

I hosed off from work right after lunch and down to my garage to tune up my familyís bicycles. Now Iím sitting in my camp chair drinking beer and watching my kid ride his bike around the parking lot.

Coronavirus is turning me into a good dad

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

did they forget to rebase on to master?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

wfh made me realize how much time i just spend tracking what everyone else in my team is doing. constant teams telcos to keep track of everyone

I am not the manager of the team, or lead in any way (i know this because im not being paid enough to do this poo poo and my title)

this especially becomes clear whenever we hold our 2-week sprints and i somehow became the one in charge:

1. We are not a software team
2. I am not a software developer
4. I do not have any project manager training
5. People have un-ironically begun to call me THE SCRUM MASTER - especially people outside my team who we deliver analysis to, and who have no idea what the gently caress it means besides "Guy who does this thing we need to get done"
6. We are not doing sprints
7. We are simply using jira as a checklist of poo poo we need to do and/or are doing

somehow I'm the one in charge of all this poo poo, due to the fact that im the only one who sat down and spent 10 mins to figure out how jira works

I learned that you should ask if anyone is getting blocked and if people believe they have enough to do until next sprint.

i think I'm ready for the big leagues now

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

MononcQc posted:

if you start asking them "what is the stupidest thing you are asked to do in order to work today" you'll start being able to streamline things real fast

thankfully everyone are pretty good at telling people to go gently caress themselves, and if they feel uncomfortable doing so, I have no problem doing so on their behalf so they often send bullshit my way.

sometimes its nice having 6 years seniority in the company, which is longer than anybody I come in to contact with on a daily basis.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*slaving away at the same company for at least 6 years*: Iím glad I have 6 years seniority over most people. that means Iím important

yeah, job stability and respect at your place of work really sucks

please someone get me a job at a faang and a worthless boss with and som deep OTM options.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i cant believe i have missed out on all those great experiences all these years.

i shall get a linkedin premium account stat and start responding to every recruiter email i get

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Gnossiennes posted:

lol i'm at 5 years and still the junior to all but one person on my team, they all have like 20+ yrs on me

you should have changed jobs 4 years and 9 months ago hate to tell you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

thatís all well and good but donít talk like it means youíre important.

thank you for the tip namaste