Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

like im not actively looking to end it but i dearly wish it would all end

Ronnie 290

srs though if you don't have at least some form of social angst in this day and age there is likely something wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Doing an emergency shop to stock up

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ugh I seem to have gotten a regular cold (snotty nose, sneezes) but not the big fellow - Hopefully I can get rid of this first one before I get an illness combo.

Work is still in the office as far as I'm aware tomorrow, so that's just loving great. I actually have a decent bit of cash set aside for what was going to be a house renovation, maybe I'm going to take some of that ££ and just call in some unpaid leave til this blows over.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

big scary monsters posted:

ah, four magical pages of dwarven poetry, i think i'll want to read this part twice

lol if you didn't learn in your first LOTR read through that italics just meant 'eye-scroll to the next bit of regular text'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

how did you pronounce it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Broken Machine posted:

so you're a linux developer

the silent killer

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

press f to pay respects

https://twitter.com/chaosprime/status/1242533109561724931

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

capitalism certainly could be a way to improve people’s lives but it’s often not leveraged that way.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor posted:

man i'm talkin about when i was like 8

Guy with the red flag would chase you out of the road

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Crusader posted:

tried to faceswap with will riker for all my meetings today with terrible results

lol what app / prog is this?

I grabbed a 'relaxing beach' video off Youtube and keyed it in as an animated backdrop in OBS today for the daily standup.

wish I'd had a prop blue cocktail glass or pineapple with straws in.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Crusader posted:

tried to faceswap with will riker for all my meetings today with terrible results

These Deep Frakes videos are getting uncanny.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor posted:

goth MTV Raps

What's the haps on the bats

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

one thing I do miss about the office is the canteen for decent, cheap hot food at lunch every day, having the extra effort of cooking in my half-hour lunchtime is getting me eating a lot of sandwiches etc.

I got a box in the post today I'm looking forward to trying for a quick meal:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

i want to know if these are good

:supaburn:

I guess if

>you are into Nuclear Insanity style sauces these will not move you overly
>you like to add Sriracha to stuff to give it a little poke these will give you the old HOO-HAA

Noodles cooked nicely and not too sticky, I put in a handful of frozen peas and some shredded-up chicken. Good little meal, spicy but not inedibly so. Definitely pick up a pack to try, have a beer alongside as a coolant.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Methanar posted:

I've been eating steamed cabbage and rice for 4 days.

feeling gassy.

username / post combo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I had a weird persistent lower stomach warmth the next 12hrs-ish after eating those noodles that I've never had before, but they didn't enflame my rear end in a top hat on the way out; yes they were spicy but not like where you see a youtube of someone eating a shitfuck pepper and they are sweating and seeing through time, eyes looking like they got the backdraft of a Mace blast.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

whoa that's p. unexpected..?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/21/wuhan-doctors-wake-fighting-virus-find-skin-changed-colour-12586039/

seriously looks like the worst bootpolish job you'd get from an 80s comedy.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Depending on how long this goes on, It'll be a weird transition for college/university prospective students who were hoping to get away from the parents and party it up and ok do some lectures as well when the whole social side of it (or at least actual IRL meatspace interactions) is going to be chopped off at the ankles.

Spring Break Zoom Parties just ain't going to be the same.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

yesterday i had a big wild turkey come over for seeds. i put some out on the ground in case she comes back

Be careful those guys can be nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YiAt4yt0sE

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i drove home after an esophagogastroduodenoscopy once, despite being legally intoxicated for like 18 hours or something

felt totally fine and normal, got in and hung out with my roommates, who later told me that i couldn't remember anything for more than a few minutes and kept repeating myself lol

don't drive after being operated on, it's dumb as hell

The Human Tesla :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've been enjoying my saturday rides. Got a bike bag for my camera so I can bring it along more conveniently to take pictures of the post-industrial PA countryside.

gotta bring back coal folks, it was so good for us

This is the Clean Coal the President enthused about.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Good on Ciaphas bailing from Vegas, for all the previous reasons plus

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1272927772944535552

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

they've also been murdering poo poo tons of pigs by basically steaming them to death

woo direct action!

Oh pigs pigs

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph pls

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

all those super-high risk southern states from two weeks ago are about to go exponential, yeah

The Lungularity

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1276963076001103877

/Banging knife and fork on table DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

he still remembers seeing a dud german bomb
:dudsmile:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PokeJoe posted:

big midwestern energy to detect that oil has previously has a chick-fil-a spicy sandwich cooked in it. this sandwich is too spicy for me

this guy here not being on board with Spicy Homeopathy :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fabricated posted:

my aeron is finally arriving today, hoping none of its parts were somehow broken in transit

trick it out with some zoom wheels

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3806076&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post505403447

my aeron takes the 11mm wheel pegs, buy the 3inch 11x22 if you're going to.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 15, 2020

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fabricated posted:

Aeron arrived intact. Review: It's an aeron

enjoy your first home-based full-volume mesh seat fart

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Uptime Sinclair posted:

that’s more about perspective than lens but point taken and granted i guess

its lens and perspective/position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TTXY1Se0eg

optics are weird.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

MononcQc posted:

to make a psychological distinction between work time and personal time to ease the transition from one to the other, since commute is no longer there to play that role

Start of WFH at the end of my work time I would go for a 40min walk as that was equal to my 2x20min walks to/from work back in the beforetimes.

Now I go for an hours sleep after work :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jimmy Carter posted:

its better now and tbqh these day's you're kinda supposed to run it with the apps that just auto-download things the moment they're out, because it's the future and hard drives are cheap

Yeah you can set up Sonarr (for TV shows), Radarr (movies) and even Lidarr (music) if you're totally against Spotify etc and they will sit on your NAS or SFF always-on PC and automatically tell SABNzbd to grab anything from your watch lists p. much as soon as it hits the Usenet server. Takes a little bit of setting up (and I even learned a bit about janitoring linux dockers etc) but once its up it will basically just pipe stuff 24/7.

People lol at 'paying to download stuff' but like other folks have said, a ten buck monthly unlimited Usenet account and an extra dollar for the NZB site isn't cheaper than Netflix, but it is cheaper than Netflix plus one other service, never mind the ease of use once you have everything stacked on a personal PLEX server.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yeah I got a good deal on a the first 12in bigPad and it is so good for reading books and magazines, I've gone through a lot of scanned stuff from archive.org during lockdown

https://archive.org/details/interzonemagazine?sort=-date

Its kept me mostly sane on an evening and also made sure I keep some form of impetus to do a thing for more than three minutes before stopping and staring off into space.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's me, I'm the six figgy fucktard that has been using a $59 Fire tablet to read PDFs for the last three years like a total loving moron.

lol oh the little e-ink kindle is still there next to my bed, its like thats a replacement for lovely scifi paperbacks I'd buy from the 2nd hand bookstore and the iPad is for 'proper' books.

If you ever see deals on the big Ipads have a look, you might not think 'a bit bigger screen' is worth the extra but I find reading on it a lot nicer than say my folks OG sized ipads.

(related I no longer have to janitor their poo poo old laptops now I have them both on iPads, if nothing else I bless the memory of Stebe for that)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

power botton posted:

WFH is the best poo poo ever its just the lack of anything else thats killing me. when it starts getting to be 8 degrees out and dark by 5 PM this is gonna really suck.

Honestly I feel like once the dark nights set in at least I won't be looking out at the fine sunny days and thinking nope can't go out, winter hibernation is more or less my default state anyway so maybe I'll deal with poo poo a little better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

AnimeIsTrash posted:

My plan for the looming fascist takeover is to pretend to be Italian and change my name to something like "Fredo Spaghetto".

only I end up with tomato sauce all over my face