Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

yesterday i had a big wild turkey come over for seeds. i put some out on the ground in case she comes back

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

we went camping monday night. it was good to get away from insanity at least for a little bit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

graph posted:

shortfall this semester is estimated to be 20mil. projected fy 21 is 70 million. the endowment is a couple loving billion dollars

they told us that p much no one is going to be working full time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ours has been constructing multiple massively expensive new buildings, and the president got a 50% raise a few months before the virus, but i wouldn't be surprised if the staff took on the burden

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

you should all still have enough of your $1200 Trump Rewards cash to get by for several more weeks

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i know a lady who got a restraining order put on the entire police department of a small town she used to commute through. she got pulled over so many times for petty reasons that the judge called it a bunch of bullshit and told them to knock it off

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i know i've told this story before, but it's a pretty good example of how useless cops can be. one late night my girlfriend had her car stolen in front of a bar. we reported it that night. the next day we waited and waited to hear from them and then went out to look for ourselves. at about 11:30 am we found it in an empty parking lot less than a block away from where it was stolen. we called the police and said we found it, so they sent out an officer to meet us. a half hour later, this motherfucker drove right past us while we were waving and yelling at him. he eventually turned around and came back, glanced at the car, and i guess that was the whole investigation. tax dollars at work.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A sizable proportion of Americans are ruled by oppositional defiance disorder and have no higher motivation than to scream "gently caress you, you aren't my dad" at anyone who suggests they do anything whatsoever no matter what it is. That proportion of Americans is large enough to control national politics. As a national force we are done.

i'm kind of off on a tangent here, but this absolute twit i know posted this on fartbook

what??

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

won’t sell your info because it can’t remember anything.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9oSjjltOs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

wowee, they've been having question/answer sessions about going back to work in the fall, and the admin is waffling about how remote working employees will need to go through the ADA accommodation process w/ provider documentation in order to continue teleworking. the sham excuse is that they need to have "consistency" across the organization wrt everyone coming back to the office. the hoi polloi is NOT responding kindly.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

"the hoi polloi" is redundant, as hoi already means "the" in greek.

shut up nerd

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

sagebrush are you gonna let roosevelt talk to you like that?

ur next bicth

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

woah hey. i’m not trying to cause trouble here.

shut up nerd

:chord:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

mystes posted:

As an American, let me reassure you that this is a good thing because sunlight cures covid-19 according to his highness Emperor Trump.

this dumbass tweet popped into my head just now

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181232249821388801?s=20

i guarantee "great and unmatched wisdom" was in one of the letters Kim sent him

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

The Fool posted:

city is mandating masks in “ public indoor spaces”

there were actual anti mask protesters at the announcement

including a doctor
a neurosurgeon
who was quoted as saying “medical choices should be left to the individual “

ben carson is a neurosurgeon and he's dumber than dogshit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

eat poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i look like a god damned yeti right now

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My shaving scuttle came

what's this poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

tori you should make a mr bean face in one of your selfies

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

can someone explain the 'find and kill god' thing? i think that both came around and died off while i was off the grid camping a few weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdC8nLL8RiA

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

also lmao at 7.6% of are troops having ptsd its probably drat near 100%

my cousin retired from the marines about 5 years ago and all he posts about are memes about how marines are cooler than the other military divisions. it's pretty weird

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

my grandfather was in ww2 and he never talked about it with us kids. not once. my dad said he was in europe towards the end of that theater doing "cleanup"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

at least most of the time

that thing rules though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

jesus christ the denver metro prairie dogs

they are really cute but good god there are so many

those guys gently caress

they also eat their dead

prairie dogs are not cute

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

The_Franz posted:

modern civics are regular cars like any other. they're nothing like the old days when they were tin cans that didn't have power steering because they were so light that they didn't need it

e:
https://giant.gfycat.com/ValidWavyBlackbear.webm

i used to have one of these. 60HP with a Hondamatic transmission

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

in my glazed-over reading of this thread the first thing i thought was an elephant trunk

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i had to go boot the server today at the office and totally forgot that the older tech guy bought this

BARONS CYBER SKULL

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Isn't weird/idiomatic capitalization a symptom of some mental health thing?

yeah its called being dumber than dogshit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

trump allegedly reads papers and then tears them into bits which btw is a symptom of dementia

he also eats the torn up Bits lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

smith and wolensky ftw

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

number go up

USA is never going to recover from this is it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

rotor posted:

how bad does it have to hurt when you're idea is so bad that you can't convince the weakest-minded man on earth to do it?

if there's one thing more powerful than his stupidity, it's probably his cowardice

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

eventually we'll stop calling it the plague, it will be normalized and we'll call it something like the flu 2

our smart president started calling it the flu again just last week

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

this is a "can-do" organization. feel free to slam the door on your way out

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also speaking of opiates god drat my bitchass dentist for not being able to dope me the gently caress up. thanks a lot boomers for not being able to handle you pills

i was all lookin forward to gettin ripped like my friends in hs who were born with wisdom teeth too

my gf got her tonsils removed at 35 and she was given a prescription for a whopping 6 pills of hydro/acetaminophen for recovery

it was not enough, to put it mildly

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

*Flintstones mastodon sucking up water and looking for poo poo on your rear end to spit it at*

Eh, it's a living!

the flintstones animals really got reamed by fred and barney. but most of all by mr. slate

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

at the school i work at, nobody gets a bonus, unless you're nominated by your peers to be an Outstanding Employee. at that point you get a "good job" certificate and are honored at a dog and pony ceremony, and are entered into the outstanding employee winner pool, where ??? happens and then maybe 5 of those people get a $250 gift card to arbys

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

perfect attendance awards are the most pathetic participation trophy. to commemorate your 5 years of never missing a day of work, here is a certificate to enshrine the fact that youre a loser with no life lol now get back to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

if, heaven forbid, the minimum wage goes above $7.25 we're all gonna die