Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

might try grocery shopping tomorrow, but don't really want to add to the overburdened stores. i'm pretty frustrated by how even coworkers are telling everyone to stash as much as they can. shut up you dummies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

echinopsis posted:

which is why one of the symptoms of depression is low energy. as a diabetic I used
to blame that on my metabolism but no it’s just my stupid fuckin brain

depression and diabetes (all 3 kinds!) actually all cause low energy, op. the cure is adequate sleep, exercise, and diet. take care of yourself, no one else will

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

in Detroit we have no public transit because our mayor (pick any in the past 40 years) was corrupt as hell

i ride the bus to and from the cbd in detroit

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

President Beep posted:

nice. what do you think of the woodward light rail line? i recall that getting thwarted for years. jelly that we don't have anything like that on the west side of the state. i'm sure i've mentioned this before, but the street we live on did have a streetcar line in the past.
it takes me 45 minutes to go 3.5 miles.

it's a disaster in every definition of the word and has set detroit back at least a decade in terms of actually investing in public infrastructure.

Broken Machine posted:

i normally take the bus here, but i've stopped due to the virus. are you concerned about catching it like that driver did?

lol i stopped when wfh began, but it's still running routinely, just on sat. schedule.

i'd still take it to grocery shop if i weren't a type 1d and so i guess at risk

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

apparently, an unnamed member of the group who happens to be a billionaire wanted it to run on the side of the road to help improve real estate prices. no clue who

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

someone brought up investing in brt and the answer was "rich white people dont ride buses"

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

fart simpson posted:

my gf actually had no concept of people not eating spicy food until she went to college

in elementary school i knew people who thought pepperoni was too spicy which :psyduck: the concept of it being spicy still boggles my mind

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

I thought the upper peninsula was all rich Dutch reform Protestant enclaves

the west is dutch, the north are finnish cornies

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

lil late to the chat but as someone who's actually allergic to sugar (well, sort of) white claw is great because it means i only go low, i dont ride a high :madmax:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

people were able to be good people in the 19th century too. just because they're old as gently caress doesn't mean they're horrifying racists we as a society should embrace. that's Dumb as gently caress

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

look i KNOW robert e lee literally murdered hundreds of thousands of americans to ensure black people would remain property, but this is POLITICAL CORRECTNESS gone MAD

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

i 100% agree with fatty crabcakes when they posted that there's bigger fish to fry in terms of rich people.

for now.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

in america, things are working as intended. the rich folks have parties that have covid test screens before you go in, and all the poor folks working service industries are told they'll be fired without unemployment if they don't work anyway. anything else still working in the meantime is a happy accident.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

i feel like this would be so much easier to tolerate if, uh, anything were good at all, right now.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

pushd/popd are amazing. If you are using zsh you can set auto_pushd and make cd behave exactly like pushd.

what the gently caress

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

ah, wouldnt want this perfect, baked piece of chicken, with 0 salt and pepper, have its taste ruined by a bit of spice

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

wait if you join an eagles cl-ub and swear you've never been communist and believe in god they give you $2 beers? sign me up

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

uh yeah i believe in god. he wrote a lot about nothing to lose but your chains or something. yeah totally.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

i mean if your two data points are las vegas and detroit, uh, okay i guess but maybe drive down to chicago for a weekend or smth

detroits ethnic food is competitive with chicago's for sure

source: ive lived in both. chicago has nothing like dearborn

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

just went to aldi's, the cheap trader joe's, and it owned. paid like $30 for a week's supply of groceries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

President Beep posted:

but it already seems cheap as gently caress tho. aldi more so?

i have never spent more than $40 for a week's worth of groceries, unless i bothered to load up on booze at the same time