Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

100% behind secession. Balkanization has been the modern answer to cultural and ideological differences throughout eastern europe, the middle east and asia. I'm not sure why we're special.
balkanization is specifically the end state of an empire’s decline and final days, so. yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Stereotype posted:

worked for Yugoslavia. I don’t hear about them much anymore, seems like it worked alright.
yes, and also for the actual balkans

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
they’re after the wrong president!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i have no lower opinion than people who speed in residential neighborhoods. just pure unadulterated selfishness and ignorance
https://twitter.com/dreambote/status/1119670501117325312?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

unpacked robinhood posted:

goddammit Bernie

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hahah 69. nice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

e: lomarf. just noticed my new text.
one of the better moves common to the game i’ve seen imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

syntaxrigger posted:

What is the argument against 2+ parties? Is it just "unlikely" because tradition or is there some other reason?
it’s harder for grifters to make money with more than 2 parties with diminishing returns on optics of legitimacy, op

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Broken Machine posted:

i saw some f35s flying around today and it was cool as heck, we can still fix america :911:

also hf those things are LOUD
yeah, plane crashes really hit the high end for decibels I bet

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

i kinda do and kinda don't. i don't get interrupted nearly as much, so i've been able to bang some stuff out, but i also spent like 15 hours last week doing homework

:shrug:
on my wfh days, the mrs and i go full psyop to convince my 3 y-o that I left for work, when in reality i just snuck downstairs to the basement where the desktop computer is. i still get almost nothing done unless it’s email horse poo poo.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SO DEMANDING posted:

i started this week with slightly more motivation to work but that has since pretty much evaporated
big same

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s weird but I definitely came across this song via physical album rather than digital download

related mood:

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1210040737129213952?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

it evolves into elephantiasis like a pokemon
jesus. you must be good at billiards, beep, because you can play some incredibly tough lies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

we made chili and ate it for the whole week for dinner, perfect long reheat cycle and just enough variety of components to change it each day
powerful dust bowl energies detected.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

When people talk about "stomach-feel" or how they "taste spicy food later" they're just role-playing weird aliens right?
i don’t believe you that people ever say “stomach-feel”

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Squinky v2.0 posted:

this is technically mapping who is talking about their drinking on Twitter

my theory is that in the northeast and midwest, stoically drinking yourself into oblivion in the privacy of your home is a long established way of life, seasonally practiced by millions. we don’t feel the need to advertise.
this is the real poo poo right here. the raw intelligence

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i think you live in the same general part of the city as me. do you get that weird bird that only sings at night (it is NOT a nightingale) and does like a tweeeeeeeee-twitwittwitwi sound? idk what they are but there are a bunch of those here.
i googled it. it was fireflies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

outstanding

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

stupid fo76 is just a slide reel of all the odd or pretty roadside stops from my childhood family vacations through WV and i really wanna do those things now
https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1098277266977669121?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

what you say describes my experience with animal corpses; I'm curious if there's a specifically "human" odor or if it's 'just' "general death, but 150lbs of it"
:ohno:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

man i just hope they get moving on the airbnb stimulus soon!
canada had a great response to airbnb imo

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1246440170313916423?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

French Canadian posted:

it's about electric bicycles so we should probably invite shaggar too
remember this lil’ laff when you’re on minute 196 of how big the shed for them should be

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol as if anything the president says matters

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1250456565095837697?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s hosed up that i have gone from getting mad at kac for lying on behalf of the president to getting mad at her for so ruthlessly bodying his base in public

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

syntaxrigger posted:

who is kac? I tried to use context clues but people lying for pissbaby is a pretty big set of ppl.

Broken Machine posted:

kellyanne conway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

welp, doc is pretty sure i've got the covid

course there's only one rapid testing site nearish me but tbh it doesn't really matter if i have an official diagnosis 'cause my doc is pretty sure just based on symptoms

i've been socially isolating this whole time. haven't actually been anywhere that's not on my property since the 2nd. maybe my wife is an asymptomatic carrier who caught it at a grocery store and gave it to me but idk

who ever even really knows

this sucks
on the plus side when you recover you can sell your superplasma to the highest bidder

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

she was the one you were worried would burn down your house if you called her out, right? it's nice when these things work themselves out

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

yeah thankfully her getting busted and everything all occurred without my input, so she has no reason to point to me as a person who has slighted her here
yeah she deffo seemed to be someone whose behaviour and reprisal was bound by reason

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

guy on my pool league had a couple of us over and made chili.

he cut up a top round roast and simmered it in the sauce. it was really loving good.

usually i'm a ground meat in chili guy when i cook it, but i'm gonna have to give it a spin of my own.
do both, in chili and in curry too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’d probably get a good amount of work done at home if i didn’t have a 3 year old who has not been laid off from her job of hollerin’ and wanting things very badly she cannot be allowed to have

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

kenny, you need to share your funko pops. we’ve talked about this.
i’m murdered

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Stereotype posted:

because the toy isn't the point, consumerism is
in fairness that’s the root cause but the intent is to choke the yawning void where defining personal characteristics could have been, with a mass produced marble comic fandom product they think is “””niche”””

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

if you want a really good metroidvania you should check out hollow knight. i thought it was going to be a cute short indie game but it is way waaaay more than that
i bounced off hollow knight after getting the spin cut move and it’s really hard to get back in. also i’ve been playing sundered (which is also v good imo) and been spoiled by having a toggle button for the map

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hk, you have to push buttan then game pauses and big map comes up and you have to zoom in

sundered, you hold a shoulder button, it’s already zoomed and centered on you, does not pause the game

i prefer the latter

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Stereotype posted:

I feel like I missed your joke
you must feel at a loss to understand it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

we had a wedding of 50 and our total budget was $10K canadian. we kind of forgot to factor in tax but otherwise it still feels like money well spent. everyone liked the food and said it was one of the better weddings they’ve been too, which is at least kind to lie to my face about like i’m some kind of rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

born in a chapel
raised in the nave
the white trash cake smash
is all I crave