Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

director of IT said he can't make any official policies for wfh so it's up to our direct leads who tends to be ok

rip though to the 1300 call center employees in the building, also doesn't help that we're right next to 3 hospitals, and down the street from the first confirmed case in Indy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

company sent out an email today that said anyone planning a flight/cruise after march 9th isn't allowed to use wfh and can only use unpaid sick time

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Neslepaks posted:

lmao wife had a case at work so now she's quarantined. we prolly have the drat thing

p sure my wife has it too now which means i probably do as well.

she also put in her 2 weeks notice uhhh last thursday so lucky her not having to go back at all i guess, but rip me having to go in and clear her desk since i dont have any symptoms.
now i'm just worried about getting crap when i try to add her on to my insurance at the end of the week :smithicide:

edit: yup 14 day quarantine. glad i stocked up on tp

Shaman Linavi fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 15, 2020

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

when my day consisted of 2 hours of coding and 6 hours of grab rear end/mentoring/compiling this wfh thing really ain't that bad

not going to lie though the urge to mmo is steadily rising

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

bonus wfh catte

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

all non-essentials told to stop using the vpn
today going to be a unproductive day

can't wait until I get the email that im working the 4am shift.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

got to sign the employee work from home agreement which says the company can come over and inspect my home workspace whenever they want and also they might even give me a warning beforehand

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

email from CEO today saying offices are staying closed until August 1st. so much for those nice summer walks around the parking lot

and our $60/month roni stipend is even getting extended maybe

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

took a nice 3 hour lunch to mow the grass today
worth it

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

and here we just got told August is for managers/leads and the rest of us losers have to wait until maybe december
it also sounds like they will be increasing our wfh to more than 1 day a week which will be cool i guess

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

saw a 3 month contract remote position for the insurance tech i work with, thinking about double dipping while on perma wfh

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

qirex posted:

we had an all hands today and it was weird because they were like "no schedule for return to the office but it won't be for several months from now and even then it won't be mandatory if people don't feel comfortable about it or have other commitments" but also "we will absolutely not be allowing people to go full time remote going forward and we will only be hiring local candidates" and I can't quite suss the two out wrt each other

yeah this seems to be my companies position also

im gonna be a bit miffed if come next spring that changes and i could have been moved off to a cabin in alaska all this time

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

had to run to the office today because company tossing everything in our desks that ain't theirs. this is part of the return to office plans, guessing they are reorganizing everything. p sure IT is going to be permanent wfh and they redoing the office to support socially distanced underperforming call center duders. i guess overall it's nice being fully remote for the foreseeable future when other companies are throwing people back to the roni mines.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

local isp had an outage that lasted a few hours. logged back in to WebEx when it came back up to find the director telling us that we should all have hotspots ready to use in case something like that happens

but hey at least we still wfh gotta keep that glass has water mentality

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

it director said in a town hall today we will be going back as hybrid eventually, wfh half the time.

wonder how that will work since they already gutted our office to rearrange for the call center, and are in the process of hiring 3k more for the call center

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

graph posted:

i cannot believe i, we, just crossed month loving eight

it's been a long march

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

ive stopped using the yosfit app in these times of roni :(

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i like roundabout and i wish the city would hurry and put roundabouts near the neighborhood because people are running the stop signs anyway

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i will try spicy challenge trash at least once but stuff that is just spicy to be spicy is bad

el yucateco green is S tier btw

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i worked extra to put out some fires at work and got 40 ~star points~ which is equivalent to 1/10th of a toaster (2 slice)

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

*schedules three hours of meetings per day*
“why is your productivity so far down????”

yeah my company decided that instead of just not inviting devs to useless meetings they should instead just have us at 5hrs capacity a day

also no meeting {day of the week} always ends up lasting about a month and then they try again with a different day

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

official word finally came down, starting back one day a week on tuesdays, increasing back to up 3 days a week eventually. since they've rearranged/distanced the office we all get to hot desk, and the company isnt giving us docks or anything anymore, just a chair and two monitors that may or may not have cables to plug in someplace. also masks are only required when walking around. i'll have my second hit of pfizer juice by then (and i've already had the roni twice lol) but i cant imagine this is going to do anything but make people more miserable than they already are. gonna milk these last wfh weeks to knock out some interviews for fully remote stuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

first Christmas at current job the director walked around telling us how she was going to be at home comfy with her family while we were all still on orientation, meaning we couldn't take any time off

really set the stage for things to come