Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

scythe. turns out there's a computer version on steam!

my friend bought that one, i remember it being super expensive and not that deep in reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

decent amount of grey, could be greyer. 4/5

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

fascinated by the 'INSPECTED by AUTHORITIES' stamp

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

you live in a hole in the ground that has a sauna and a pet reindeer

idk I live above the ground and have no sauna or pet reindeer his thing sounds better

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

we are moving to a smaller office as the boss, who was super anti work from home, has realised everyone did as much work or more during covid. hell yeah. more lunch options.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

it's from the what

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I had no idea you were supposed to get tetanus boosters at all until a doctor said "when was your last one?" and i said "I don't know what's it say in my records?" and the answer was 2001 which made the doc pull this face: :crossarms:

this is what happens when you don't need to actually go to the doctor for like 15 straight years I guess

it's unusual to have regular doctor appointments here, usually you just turn up when you're sick and need fixing, so ... same. no idea when I last had a tetanus shot.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we had to make so many boomers in our families get reupped when we formed babby, and goddamn did they hem and haw lol

our friends made their immediate family get whooping cough vaccines (we did too. everyone does) before they could see their newborn and they made the biggest stink. ended up not being able to see their grandson until he was old enough to get his own vaccine :(

you bastards also made me google my extremely unique name and the entire first page of google is my linked-in, github, stack sites etc. the last link is the cricket league I played for ages ago though :3: hope no one looks at that my stats were very bad

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

drivings and cars suck. ban cars. also I am probably going to have to get one soon now we're expecting a second. probably a hybrid camry, something that 21 year old me would be so horrified at lol.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

rotor posted:

no one really knows. some people figured out how quaranties worked and used them. many people fled the cities because it was a largely urban issue. some people think the virus or germ or whatever just mutated to be less deadly.

quarantines "worked" until it mutated and they didn't. if you count working as everyone staying home and avoiding all other people at all times. except for the people that couldn't like the ones who had to deal with food & shipping etc.

hopefully it mutates into something less deadly or pfizer comes up with more of those fancy novel compounds so we can pop a pill and go on with our lives
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/pfizer-s-oral-covid-19-antiviral-cuts-hospitalization-death-by-85-sending-team-barreling-to

ediy oops you're talking about the black plague. just post etc

cowboy beepboop fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 8, 2021

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

this seems good

quote:

The two positive cases are in isolation in the state's Special Health Accommodation.

Both people, who are fully vaccinated and were asymptomatic, arrived in Sydney from southern Africa on Saturday, November 27.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-28/travellers-test-positive-to-omicron-covid-sydney/100657076

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Fabricated posted:

It has probably been everywhere before we found it. The vaccinated being asymptomatic is actually good- if the vaccines still reliably reduce severity of disease that's very good.

Yeah I meant the vaccinated being asymptomatic is actually good. NSW is 92% double dosed now and the at risk age groups are even higher.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Fabricated posted:

Also the guy who made that graph is a senior medical epidemiologist for the NICD in South Africa, and not say- a nutritionist

lol

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

we're pretty well vaccinated here (~95%) so we're just letting omicron go wild, it's going ok. like a thousand people in hospital all up (mostly delta & unvaccinated or a single dose) but with 20k cases a day that seems ok. doesn't stop some people freaking out and thinking the end is nigh though

I was pretty keen to get back to the office for the commute so I'm bummed. love riding my bike.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

it's not the same. feels aimless idk

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

ah yes, the doom crew is here

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

probably, yeah. weve avoided it for ages and now were vaccinated and the mildest variant is here. good news all around.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

crepeface posted:

lotta people in this thread reacting the way a middle manager would when told by opsec that he'll have to lockdown and quarantine some systems

mild fresh food shortage!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-04/food-shortages-at-major-supermarkets-covid-rises/100737066

what do you suggest we do

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

im now boosted (az+moderna). here's hoping for a fun night of fever and body aches 💯

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

I just went to the local pharmacy's site and got a booking for 3 days later, was easy as.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

mediaphage posted:

except for french fries. there you should use tallow

ordered 4L of tallow the other day. I'm excited

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I finally cleaned my office now that my basement is empty of stuff

its just about perfect and suits my needs

good mouse 100 points
insane keyboard -50 points