Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
we were told to start taking our laptops home every day last week and today we got an email which recommends working from home for at least the next two weeks. our boss told us that it's not optional though so wfh it is :toot: though i'm probably gonna have to go into the office a few times to mess with things in the lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

DuckConference posted:

starting coughing this morning, trying not to jump to any conclusions
f

i wrapped up some stuff at the lab at work today. i noticed some buses have a partition in the front so people can't get too close to the driver. it was a nice day today but everything feels off. hope we don't get hit too hard.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
maybe there's so many pathogens floating around disneyland its kinda like this:

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
lol first day of wfh and looks like all the tasks i have depend on hardware we won’t be able to install for weeks. i barely had anything to do today and played smash during an hour long pointless call

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i marathoned the extended editions with a friend once, it was fun until somewhere during return of the king? i feel like it becomes a grind at the end

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
lomarf if you believe any official news from china

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
a friend of a friend is in med school. he just threw a "coronavirus party". people are loving idiots.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i'm honestly not sure if i'll get to graduate this semester, the university is shut down until the end of march but i feel like they're gonna extend that. maybe i'll be able to present my thesis remotely from my bedroom, jacket and tie up top and nothing below. feel like that'd increase my power

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i live in a one-room dorm so my desk is my everything space. i do have a separate work computer though.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i’m trying to stay calm because i can’t do anything anyway, but almost all of my friends are doom and gloom sadbrains just like me. and i can ask them to stop sending me the news because it’s making me feel like poo poo but then they do that anyway a short time later

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
a car with a loudspeaker just drove by and blasted the neighbourhood with an announcement asking everyone to stay inside “not just today and tomorrow, but for the whole duration of the epidemic”. creeped me out

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
lol
though the whole country was just locked down and movement is restricted starting tomorrow with the exception of going to work and essential activities such as grocery shopping or doctor visits. the prime minister just said the presidential elections won't be postponed though, lmao

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
just slept 7 pm-12am and had plague nightmares this owns

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i’m pretty much confined to my one-room dorm and i wish i could at least leave for a walk

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
imo this is much more interesting than more coronavirus news

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
having said that, i'm now gonna post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Rb7_Jqk1w

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
obviously, sometimes you gotta shoot your neighbor or maybe a minority that scared you by existing

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
lol @ surviving. just drop the fuckin bomb on top of me and erase me from existence

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i feel like i'm being more productive right now but i only have a contract until the end of may and i don't think my chances of being hired full-time are very high considering the current situation

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
lol if the f35 doesn't make you think of everything that's wrong with america

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
maybe if you fed it it’d become your friend, you ever thought about that?

feed the bird

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
the government reopened parks today, meaning i can go for a walk without risking a fuckoff huge fine :toot:

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i have a beat up fender mexican strat i got used and i play it through a yamaha thr10x. suits my needs. my friend in high school had a 4x12 marshall cab and a tube amp plugged into it. i think that's why i have tinnitus now. i'm all for city living but being able to have a gently caress-off loud amp is the only thing making me question that. not really possible to have that kind of rig in an apartment.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

Kazinsal posted:

fifteen hundo for an epiphone explorer? jeez, the situation in nz is fuckin *dire*

I'm thinking of getting a gibson sg standard. gotta get that sweet crunchy sustaaaaaaain

also want a boogie mark iic+ or a mark v but I also want to be able to pay rent

arent gibson mostly overpriced garbage these days? and with horrible quality control to boot.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
gotta say, the quality of my sleep was never too good but it has recently gone to poo poo. i keep having weird dreams and waking up tired.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
what's the friday rule?

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
reading the descriptions of us boomers makes me glad my parents are sane and not freaking out because they can't go abuse staff at starbucks

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
mods please

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i’ve had to stop going on walks after work because there’s so many people out and about at the park. all maskless. just shittons of people. currently enjoying an insomnia induced 6 am walk.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
we’re holding presidential elections in poland next week, can’t wait to see number go up, uP, UP!!!!

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
also i’m angry now because someone wrote “don’t be stupid, take off your mask!” on the ground

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
like, there’s a system for mail voting in theory but it’s capacity is limited because iirc it was designed mainly with allowing disabled/elderly people to voters mind, not take on a significant chunk of the ballots.

Fatal Error fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 21, 2020

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
also we were supposed to hold the elections a few months ago and it was a whole shitshow.
basically the stupid fash government wanted to push the elections before the presidents approval rating predictably tanked due to the terrible government response. so we were supposed to have the whole country vote exclusively by mail, which was never done before here. i’m phone posting rn so i might do an effort post later. but basically a shitload of money was wasted, municipalities were supposed to hand over voters personal data and some of it leaked in plaintext i think, literally nothing was handled well.
meanwhile, the whole time everyone was saying the government should institute a state of emergency. this would allow it to legally postpone the elections and grant it the powers needed to manage the epidemic. instead the shithead government started passing laws to give themselves the required authority, of course. this process was also a ridiculous farce, with remote voting working terribly or opposition politicians being barred from the Sejm floor.
one of the laws absolved government officials of any crimes committed during the epidemic if they were done for the purpose of provisioning necessary supplies such as masks or ventilators. this is another story entirely because as it turns out our health minister has been running multiple grifts simultaneously the whole time. people were posting photos of him all sleep deprived and thinking it’s because he’d been working so hard. as it turns out, he’d actually been purchasing masks at inflated prices from his ski instructor and ventilators from arms dealers on UN black lists iirc.
also the election was technically held with zero attendance.
this has been a big ole ramble but basically poland in 2020 is also absolutely crazy.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

PIZZA.BAT posted:

if i lose sa i’ll basically be entirely off the internet which is a good thing, i guess

:same:

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
that’s the spirit :911:

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
our wfh was extended until like march 2021

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
my city will probably be designated as a yellow zone on monday because we have a large increase in infections. people have largely stopped giving a gently caress about properly wearing masks and social distancing so it's probably gonna happen. also, being able to say "i live in the yellow zone" feels cyberpunk af.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i need to take some time off and I can't really afford to. i wanted to maybe go back to school for a master's degree since i dont want to gently caress with the job market right now as a recent grad. my friend who started working at the same place as me got upgraded to full time after his first year, but that was last year. my contract was renewed back in may but i stayed on a part time contract so i earn like half as much and don't get PTO. if it weren't for the pandemic i'd probably quit, but that feels like a bad decision currently. besides, i'm not sure i actually have any useful skills. it feels like the vast majority of the computer janitoring i do is insanely specific to the place i work at because i'm janitoring in-house tools implemented on my own company's hardware. i can kind of code a bit and i guess i did learn a bit about telecom stuff at school/work. i also don't particularly want to go back to school but everyone around me keeps pushing the narrative that i should. and all my coworkers are either working on their masters' degrees or already have them. so maybe if i want to stay in this industry then i should go for it? i'm tired of my job but the technology i janitor is cool. this post is rambly, idk why i'm writing it. i felt like venting to other people than those i usually bother, i guess.

also my city got upgraded from green to yellow zone status because of the rising number of infections to keep this more relevant lmao

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i also do not live in the us, so that makes going back to school easier lol. instead i live in the catholic alabama of europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

rotor posted:

ok, so lemme see ...

guess #1: Bavaria?
poland lol