Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

wfh has made it impossible for me to ignore that i absolutely do not care about my job. scheduled a meeting with my manager to let him know im quitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

PIZZA.BAT posted:

dude at least haul in the free checks until this blows over and you have to go back in

I know the smart thing to do is coast. putting forth the minimum necessary effort just drives me fuckin nuts unfortunately. if I'm going to not work I want to actually be free of obligations.

I was planning on quitting very soon anyway, this just motivated me to accelerate my schedule slightly.

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

i had a mild cold for a few days and im kinda hoping that was the extent of my coronavirus experience (but probably not).

oh and wfh is now mandatory at my company.

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

yeah, plus treatment options in the future will hopefully be better. i also heard a thing that pandemics tend to get less deadly as time goes on because the super deadly viral strains tend to kill off their hosts and therefore can't spread as effectively.

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

for yall that are still being forced to come in for no other reason to please your boss: have you considered organizing your coworkers to refuse? like i know its easier said than done but if there were ever an opportunity...

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

looks like the bay area is about to go on pseudo-lockdown

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Bay-Area-must-shelter-in-place-Only-15135014.php

I missed my loving chance to leave. gently caress. Looks like I may have to un-quit my job because I don't see how I'm gonna be able to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

this whole experience is teaching me that i dont handle uncertainty well.