Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
mods plz rename thread to "yospos paranoia crew"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
welp, doc is pretty sure i've got the covid

course there's only one rapid testing site nearish me but tbh it doesn't really matter if i have an official diagnosis 'cause my doc is pretty sure just based on symptoms

i've been socially isolating this whole time. haven't actually been anywhere that's not on my property since the 2nd. maybe my wife is an asymptomatic carrier who caught it at a grocery store and gave it to me but idk

who ever even really knows

this sucks

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

President Beep posted:

there's this youtube channel i watch sometimes where the dude talks about all sorts of weird military firearms but he's not all 2nd amendment about it. kind of interesting stuff. now i get ads for epoch times and laser gunsights and poo poo.

e: those fucks don't even say the name of their dumb paper right. they pronounce it like "epic".

i watched a single youtube video today about a breathing technique to help those with covid symptoms and the pre- and post-video ads were both for epoch times and i pretty much never use youtube except for linked videos from this dumb forum

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

guy on my pool league had a couple of us over and made chili.

he cut up a top round roast and simmered it in the sauce. it was really loving good.

usually i'm a ground meat in chili guy when i cook it, but i'm gonna have to give it a spin of my own.

best chili i've ever had used smoked chuck roast chopped up into chunks and pulled pork

obviously with beans

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

DuckConference posted:

i wonder if I can never go back to the office again.

i'm absolutely not going back to the office until 2021 at the earliest

it's gonna suck cause i have a 4 year old at home but gently caress going outside in this hell world

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

except for that thing where covid might trigger a systemic inflammation in kids that looks a lot like kawasaki disease

but no, let's just throw them all back in the ball pit what could go wrong?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

roughly 20 kids per year die in traffic incidents on school buses or walking to school in the us. at a certain point it is a matter of statistics.

we know absolutely nothing about the mid to long term effects of covid

you want to bet your kid's life on assuming everything will be fine? me, i'm gonna wait for a little bit i think

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

great, do keep your kids safe. do take care making too many decisions about unknowable far-flung future side effects though, as you'll be in antivaxx territory very quickly. we will absolutely not know the long-term effects of a covid vaccine once it rolls around, especially as the only candidates likely to make it in the next few years will be of types never before approved for human use.

we're less than 3 months in to the most severe pandemic in 100 years

but sure, being cautious about whether asymptomatic kids will have issues within the next few months definitely gets into antivaxx territory

gently caress off

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Asleep Style posted:

I was doing alright for a few months but I feel like I'm unraveling pretty hard this week

same except barely hanging on for the past 2 months and now i'm fully past it and just hosed up real bad

but at least the weather is getting nicer

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

haveblue posted:

also known as the "post preview screen"

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

they just found asymptomatic carriers don’t appear to transmit the disease since they’re not coughing or sneezing

so unless u happen to have seasonal allergies and are positive yet asymptomatic you aren’t likely to kill someone because u wanted loaded nachos

apparently expelling respiratory droplets while talking has never been a thing?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

holding grudges is really unhealthy

getting the covid, surviving, relapsing, then recovering again at the same time sociopaths have either ignored the virus or been fine with the loss of life as long as they can get their olive garden has made me permanently angry and sad and i have nothing to do with either of those emotions so they sit and fester and it feels awful

i sincerely miss how easy going i used to be but i don't know how to get back to it

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

lol eat poo poo florida

Coronavirus cases are spiking across the country and experts say Florida has the makings of the next epicenter

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

you always knew it was going to end up this way because americans are dumb, oafish, selfish, shitbags who have never had to deal with a collective crisis

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

yeah, you’re right. when numbers go down that’s when you have to buckle down for another three weeks, not reopen.

the hysteresis on a pandemic seems real bad

certainly this one in particular where it can take up to 2 weeks to see symptoms (if at all) while still being contagious

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

aaaand gov baker announced restaurants can start indoor dining on monday

gently caress that

oh god dammit

we had a chance, a slim one but a chance, to not make the colossal mistakes the south are making but then welp

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i'm still lolling at how badly the actual dangers of covid were messaged. there's are still people out there who think it's just like the flu except a little worse or exclusively a respiratory virus that can only cause lung damage

meanwhile it turns out that covid can (and does) affect any system that has an abundance of ace2 receptors which, while definitely including the nose, mouth, and lungs, also includes the gi system, kidneys, liver, heart, and vascular system

we're in for a rough time as more people get infected

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

oh hey, it me

i've been having symptoms off and on since april 9th. after the first awful 3 weeks (flu-like symptoms + shortness of breath) they went away for 2 weeks and then came back. now they're off and on and vary. sometimes it's just deep exhaustion. sometimes awful headaches. right now it's some awful reflux and bloating

it really loving sucks and i'm not excited to see what my body is doing in 6 months or a year

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

b..b..b..but number go up?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Scud Hansen posted:

It's petty and cruel to wish harm to others so I'll uh just leave this post blank

is it petty and cruel to wish that others who want to harm you fail and do it to themselves instead?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

President Beep posted:

and that one likes greenpos! and that one’s a goon!

who let the these fucklords in the chatroom?!

there's one puffin a vape! and that one's a bore!

if i had my way...they’d all be on ignore!

drat beep

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

President Beep posted:

if i were looking for a compact hatchback I’d check out the honda fit.

i loved the poo poo outa my fit

such a good little car

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

this is very good

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

Eh.

i haven't given up on trying. i'm just super pessimistic and hate everything about the world while i do so. if in a few years everything really does turn out OK i'll have bought a house and can relax and worry about being happy again

this is not to say that I don't appreciate your input, i just don't think that therapy is going to be sufficient for me to find happiness again (and i won't do psych meds). Only time and hard work will get me out of this one.

therapy isn't a competition where the goal is to get more happiness

go talk to a professional if you find a good one it's a profoundly life changing experience

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

welp gg massachusetts you brought number down at least for a little bit

https://twitter.com/bostondotcom/status/1284889256410963970?s=21

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

who gives a gently caress idiots are flooding beaches in ma because it's been in the 90s this weekend

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

it's pretty provable that america is not on its deathbed because newt gingrich hasn't filed for divorce from it yet

drat jonny

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

daily reminder that covid ain't no joke

had it in april and still feel like i can't breathe correctly all the time. also have lovely gi symptoms.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

i know a handful of people who have been going around telling everyone that they had gotten covid right near the beginning of the pandemic, and how omg you do NOT want covid it's SO BAD it wiped me out for a MONTH and so on, and now they're all gradually getting tested and it turns out no, they just had a really bad cold in march.

one of the people was sick in the middle of january ffs.

uhhh, there's a really good chance it was on the west coast in december 2019 and that a whole lot of people had it when they thought they had the flu

also antibody testing is still not readily available or close to accurate nor does it actually indicate whether someone had the virus, just that they had it within the past 6 weeks or so

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

PCjr sidecar posted:

Specifically targeted antibodies decline (normal) but t cell memory seems to persist so some bad reporting on the former gave the impression that there’s no retained immunity.

Most of the reinfection reports aren’t particularly clear whether it’s reinfection or the same detection with an intermediate false neg or initial false pos.

it's almost guaranteed that this is the case given the false negative rate for pcr tests and how dependent they are on the quality of the test application

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

while this is stuff that is clearly in the category of things we don't *know*, obviously immunity is at least 6 months or you'd have to come up with some very surprising explanation of the steep dropoff of hospitalizations and lack of demonstrated reinfections in europe

tbh this is what i keep coming back to

like if there wasn't something protecting folks who have recovered we'd definitely have seen or currently see a wave of reinfections even considering how successfully some countries have squashed their daily case level

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

it's not exclusively a respiratory virus

it can certainly affect the respiratory system but it presents with a ton of different symptoms and affects a whole bunch of other systems

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

talk to a therapist, fried

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i'm barely hanging on

my kid is fully melting down because he only has us to play with and it turns out that even though my wife is a stay at home mom, without being able to take him places it's a lovely life

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i made a margarita last night and it was good

probably gonna make another one today

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

the best margaritas are the ones with extremely good ingredients or the absolute garbage you get when the margarita man comes to town

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

so that this isn't an emptyquote, i don't care any more. literally all life or joy has been drained from my soul. every day i wake up i curse whatever god exists for not killing me in my sleep. life is misery and the only thing keeping me going is the modest pile of money that i feel really guilty about saving up but will still never become gently caress-you money or noticeably change my life in any way

funny, i go the opposite direction of "if only the chuds and anti-maskers would just die this would get better faster"

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this happened to me and I swear I was way more sensitive to anything involving food or GI issues for years after.

Also someone I know got some generic cold/fever virus that somehow attacked her pancreas, nuked the insulin production and now she's type 1 diabetic.

i had covid in april and it was mostly cough, exhaustion, and gi symptoms (hosed appetite, diarrhea) and while the other symptoms are long gone, i've got constant acid reflux that i figure was caused by covid wrecking my gut flora

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The majority of the time when I pass a cyclist with one of those baby trailers, there’s a dog inside

dog owners are worse than parents by light years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

you're being sarcastic but given the state of the us it's not unreasonable for parents to want to know all the other poo poo they might be getting into

for instance, my wife and i didn't have our kid until we were 34 because we couldn't afford to