Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Roosevelt posted:

post the recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's my birthday in a half hour! Hell yeah!

I'm relatively happy today. We're keeping misery exposure to a minimum and just enjoying each others' company.

A motorcycle place about an hour away has a BMW G 310 R. May go check it out.

Happy birthday! :toot:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WOTC has a fantastic game that they absolutely mismanage the online gameplay for. There are cards in magic online that are 2-3x their price in paper.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We don't call in for standups and just do them all via im. It's great because you just need to post your status and you can go back to work.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

looks like the crazy blade runner haze is gonna hit seattle tomorrow. if you stayed inside i guess it was fine right?

Sounds like a happy 9/11.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/waEMD/status/1304469547055890432

I had to run some errands this morning and it's awful even walking outside.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

psiox posted:

yeah, it was bad at 10 in the morning and it's way worse now. somehow the local coffee shop had their doors open (so that people wouldn't have to touch the handles) but uhhh they have a hand sanitizer right there, would rather deal with a tiny inconvenience than loving with everyone's lungs and eyes, especially the employees that are in that poo poo for hours.

I saw a couple of places that kept their doors open to vent air. Why invest in a box fan when you can just torture your min wage employees I suppose.

There was also a huge line at Ikea. Out of all days I have 0 idea why people would stand in line outside for hours Today to purchase some lovely Swedish designed furniture.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

cap hill is great and still has a bit of seattle's old character. congrats

It's kind of insane how the Seattle bubble has effected other areas. I saw that even houses in non-highlands Renton were going for $500k at minimum.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I really wish I bought some weights before the lockdown. Everything is so overpriced on facebook market/craigslist.

I've been doing body weight stuff and cycling to make up for the loss of the gym although with the fires cycling is kind of out of the equation.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uptime Sinclair posted:

today i called my cable company as i do every few years when the tv/internet/phone bundle promo runs out and threaten to downgrade to just internet so they give me new customer bundle pricing with no lock-in. just a normal thing you have to do in canada

Thanks for reminding me that I need to threaten to cancel my xfinity at the end of the month so I can continue paying a sane price for my internet.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Achmed Jones posted:

oh I know how to do it, that's not a problem. the only problem is what I said: eating food where I have no idea what the caloric content is. it's not a problem when I'm working from home and cooking all my meals.

I just google "calories in X" and then guess based on that erring on the high side.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

calorie counting is also supposed to kinda be a pain in the rear end, in addition to the mindfulness and tracking what you put into your body it's also supposed to act as sort of a soft barrier to snacking

It's a nice barrier to eating out all the time too because any fast food meal is like 10,000 calories at a minimum.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

my parents were both super excited when my dad's retirement came around so they could spend more time together :3: although my dad is kinda bored now and wants to go back to working 1 or 2 days a week lmao

This sounds like my dad. His boss made him take some vacation time, and instead of just relaxing he completely reorganized the garden.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what a world the boomers grew up in

My team boomer likes to brag about how he's self made. He's avoided layoffs 2 times because of people in his boating club. 1 was the dad of a manager, and the other was a higher up in the company.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

poolside.fm is another good one if you like discoy music.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

until the sex crime stuff showed up their life was GREAT.

They had a ~~~~ beautiful home ~~~~

and then upgraded to a weird apocalypse fortress

branch duggarians

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Roosevelt posted:

does ciaphis still post?

I see him posting from time to time in the roguelike thread on the gaming board.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I am constantly blown away by the level of grifting that goes on with those programs to make X into silicon valley. Some of the appalachia ones are lol.

https://www.appharvest.com/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

6+ months in is anyone else not getting anything done before noon

I'm the reverse, I get all my work done in the morning and after I eat lunch I just can't do anything.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

i still prefer reading books on my kindle

pdfs would definitely be rough, though

I use calibre to convert everything to epub, I don't know why the kindle handles pdfs so poorly.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

i clicked on a twitter link about ron paul having a stroke and literally every single visible reply was people saying "oh no, everyone make sure to pray!"

Praying for his swift death imo.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm glad my parents are the hindu equivalent of whatever a twice a year catholic is with the addition to going to temple whenever a big life event happens. There are some pretty cute photos of my dog going through a puja.

They tried to make us go to temple every Tuesday but I think even they got tired of it.

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 28, 2020

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex posted:

I'd guess it's a combo of upset micromanagers, lonely serial sexual harassers, operations people who are mad they're paying 200 grand a month for an empty building and people who hate their families

You forgot about the boomers who's only social interaction is harassing other people at work.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've been playing magic cards via webcam

I have heard there has been a bit of a scandal with some dude in the vintage webcam discord who was playing with counterfeit cards.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The format in MTG known as vintage, not vintage webcams haha.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

VA apparently had an online liquor sale a couple of months ago and it almost immediately brought down the site for a couple of days.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Roosevelt posted:

didn't jared kushner deliberately suppress aid to blue states? everything is so hosed i can't keep track

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/09/17/usps-trump-coronavirus-amazon-foia/

They also stopped USPS from sending masks to everyone in the US.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

My plan for the looming fascist takeover is to pretend to be Italian and change my name to something like "Fredo Spaghetto".

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DELETE CASCADE posted:

our ceo shared some interview with reed hastings where he says that work from home is "a pure negative" and they want people back in the office asap. i felt compelled to point out that nobody works for netflix because they love the corporate culture or reed hastings' management style. they do it because netflix pays absolutely ludicrous amounts of money, and they pay it in straight CASH, not golden handcuff RSUs

Rofl my company also loves to adopt things from the FAANGs. When we point out that they're paid far better than us we get told we're not a software development company.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

cutting toxic people out of your life is always a positive

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I bought seeds for some herbs today. I am looking forward to getting fresh herbs sometime in the future.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I sit on a $90 knockoff Aeron from Costco.

I have one of these too, they're pretty good.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fatal Error posted:

i always do ../.., didnt know you could skip the slashes. time to upgrade my janitoring!

:eyepop:
gonna reach some serious speed with these hot tech tips!!

pushd/popd are amazing. If you are using zsh you can set auto_pushd and make cd behave exactly like pushd.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Finally got around to planting my herb seeds. I planted mint, dill, thyme, oregano, and basil. I realized shortly after that I never bothered labeling any of them so it should be a fun guessing game until they sprout.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

No lyric electronic music is very good for working. Four tet is another artist in this same genre.

I'm a big fan of listening to jazz while working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDeuYY3Hi_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5f2w-K5jo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBGtgoVPLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0E1XTqUlCc

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Speaking of indie bands, there are a couple of groups up here in Seattle that are pretty good. It's a shame that they're not more well known.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The one thing every suburban dad needs is a fully tricked out f150 that they use to haul maybe 1 thing every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's always nice that people advertise themselves as people you should siphon gas from.