Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

the only thing I learned from going to confs is that the point of them is for coastal techies to fly somewhere in the middle and drink with other coastal techies on their company's dime

I was waiting in line at a coffee shop nowhere near the conference on my last day at strangeloop one year, and someone came up to me and said "you look like someone I can complain to about yaml" and just started talking at me, and at that moment I vowed to never attend one again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

fart simpson posted:

sounds like they had you figured out

:negative:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

good news, covid might not be top of mind in terms of viruses going forward

https://blog.ebola-cases.com/leaked-ebola-projections-uganda/

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

still covid-free but all these anecdotes about friends-of-friends catching has got me putting a mask back on on the bus

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

cum and eggs sure are amazing

post != reply ???

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

drat, graph

generally speaking I prefer to work in the office, but if this got handed down to me from on high (especially if I can't dial into a meeting??) then I'd be looking to jump ship to a place that doesn't treat me like I'm in Kindergarten

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Nice!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

I am novid still as far as I know.
same, though I got what I think was RSV at Christmas last year, which basically amounted to "dry cough that took a month to clear up"

definitely starting to wonder if I need to adjust going to the gym and bar (the two things I do that aren't easily done in-mask) until this wave passes :sigh:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

yep scheduled mine for tomorrow

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol the monday morning update call had significantly reduced attendance. like five absent with covi and two more who still called in. probably fine!

"why are all these reports of mine not coming into the office for the monday morning update, nobody wants to work anymore :toughguy:"

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

yep scheduled mine for tomorrow

trip report: a bit of a temperature and chills during the night but only a mild ache the day after :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

the real anniversary for me is when the US/Canadian border closed because that's when I got trapped on the opposite side from where my apartment was :whitewater: