Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

if i was asked a number id say probably 90% of people are hosed up by this. maybe not directly the covi but their stonks or something. if i had to put $1000 on a number id say 75%

One of the guys my wife manages lost an aunt and her husband last month, they both got sick and died at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

I like Disney movies; I like Disneyland and Disney world is ok

I think it’s the fact that Disney has really successfully been able to merchandise its properties, of which most are strongly linked to childhood and probably happier memories for people, that gets really disturbing

The way someone can fill their life with distinctly Disney products creates a weird sterile feeling almost monotonous valley

DIsney's entire business is selling disaffected people their childhood back and their acquisitions this century have been to further that aim

it's deeply disturbing when you think about it

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a friend from hs is this

back then he was a card-carrying member of the goofy fanclub and would save up to take his whole family to disneyworld working over the summer and stuff

last i saw before deleting my fb, he's a professional xmas decorator, like for malls and stuff, and live in one of the adjacent townships to celebration, florida. i'm certain he's saving up to move into it properly, if he hasn't already

q: Why did Mickey divorce Minnie?

a: becuase she was fuckin' Goofy

just some disney humor for you all

Apr 7, 2003

Did you hear that Ken and Barbie got divorced? He comes in another box now.

Apr 7, 2003

Motorcycle crashes are back. Nature is healing.

Apr 7, 2003

Leia is a Disney Princess.

Apr 7, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

PA (at least my part of the philly burbs) has been pretty serious about this. Wolf should 100% toss turzai or the spreader in jail. The PA gop sucks poo poo and needs to be shattered.

Pittsburgh has been pretty good too, get ten miles outside of the city and people are loving insane though

We rode the allegheny passage to Connellsville a few weeks back and they were having a loving parade. May 4th I think?

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

i trimmed my facial hair for the first time in 3 1/2 months last night. i do not recognize the shape of my own face

I get monster zits when I let my facial hair grow

Apr 7, 2003

The Lion King teaches children about the divine right of kings and about how if you let dirty outsiders in they'll ruin your country.

Not a very good film.

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it also turned a buncha impressionable children into furries

At least Anthrocon was canceled this year.

Silver linings

Apr 7, 2003

my wife speaks some french, I told her I wanted to practice French with her and just yelled "hon hon hon" at her all day

Apr 7, 2003

Methanar posted:

What are their taxes and associated brackets. Could be upwards of another 10-15k a year if they're good.

Higher than Pennsylvania, the state where people whine constantly about high taxes and we pay a flat 3.06%

Apr 7, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

i havent set my alarm clock in almost three months

drat that rules

Depression is a real bitch

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

isn't oklahoma so hosed budgetwise that they have school 4 days a week now

https://apnews.com/f058811fa1fb4bf68a34e3c243a14a6f

Apr 7, 2003

lol nice

Apr 7, 2003

Wish I still had that Big Mac av that sulk made for me back in the day

Apr 7, 2003

Thanks, the one I'm looking for isn't in there though. People have given me some pissy-rear end avs lol

Apr 7, 2003

that was a pretty good one, the sports forum spent a lot of money just giving me lovely "gently caress YOU" avs though

Apr 7, 2003

lol the baseball thread in SAS spent what looks like $70 on buying me avs with 'gently caress you' imposed over the port authority T logo

Apr 7, 2003

Earl Weaver dusting up with an umpire about a balk call IIRC. "You're here just to gently caress us"

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

it was already banned if you were following the social distancing regulations though? literally all of them say "you must remain six feet away from anyone who doesn't live in your household." they didn't make exceptions for sex.

What, you can't have sex from six feet away? Pfft

Apr 7, 2003

Asleep Style posted:

I was doing alright for a few months but I feel like I'm unraveling pretty hard this week

I took monday off due to extreme brain exhaustion

Apr 7, 2003

big lusty manatees

Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

got a crown in lockdown due to a tooth showing suddenly weakened enamel walls and pain, proceeded to bite something at an odd way and sprain the ligament which has extended recovery to many weeks. ive always been sensitive for weeks after even minor fillings, so I'm not surprised but i do look forward to the day I can chew things fully

Teeth have ligaments? That's so hosed up.

Apr 7, 2003

I tore my teeth ligaments in a sports accident and now require Chompy John Surgery

Apr 7, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I had to get four shots of lidocaine with their largest needle because apparently gingers have sensitive teeth (which explains a lot) and also a wicked high tolerance to anaesthetics and I apparently have a large jawbone

the dentist was like “yeah that was about 3x the normal dose I usually give patients” then started drilling and gently caress me could I feel it, so I got the fourth and he was like “if this won’t do it the. well have to break out the big guns”

I don’t want to know what the big guns are

Yeah, I have this same problem, except I think it's because most of my mouth is made from mercury and ceramic composite at this point

The fillings I got in February still hurt

Apr 7, 2003

I had my appendix removed in 2018

I felt vaguely sick and lethargic and took a nap and woke up at 5:30 PM and still felt sick and lethargic so I asked my wife to take me to the hospital, once I got there they told me I needed emergency surgery and put me under at 6:45 PM or so, I woke up at 9:00 PM and left the hospital by 10:00 PM because I didn't want to blow a PTO day for surgery.

When I went back to get the incision inspected the surgeon told me I was out of my mind for leaving so fast.

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've had it a few times, it's totally fine and cool because they're giving you the really good poo poo (dilaudid + iv benadryl)

unless you come alert during it like the last time i had it, then they hafta get you back under while you're thrashing around because you just woke up to that scene from jacob's ladder

It's fun when you get the rear end invader poo poo because you're totally humiliating yourself and then you forget that you humiliated yourself

Apr 7, 2003

We're getting the neuromancer future we never wanted, cool

Apr 7, 2003

I got a 3.5% raise in April and it's probably the last one I'll see for a long time lol

Apr 7, 2003

right now we've got 38 million less of those than we had on New Year's Day

Apr 7, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

German toilets have a little poop shelf which lets you investigate before flushing, very handy

“Ach, Helga! Your Schiesse tastes like sauerkraut!”

Apr 7, 2003

I will never emptyquote.

Apr 7, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

i like to think about how many people am i willing to kill to receive this good or service if i get and spread the vid

slammed nacho platter at chili’s doesn’t rate

sound on

It really is literally all the boomers care about lmao

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I finally got a slot at the Ikea to go and pick up the stuff I ordered two weeks ago and it coincided with a zoom meeting. So I'm doing the meeting from a fake Ikea living room

Doesn't your IKEA do delivery?

my IKEA has a big fuckin chart showing you what zone you're in and how much delivery costs

I'm in the $99 zone

Apr 7, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

the pigs were so sure people were gonna storm in and burn the precinct giving them an excuse to crack down and they are absolutely flummoxed people are just being chill it's great

They really want to kill people

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I wouldn't spend $100 to get $100 worth of stuff delivered, but the earliest delivery date I could get was like July 7th anyway. So lol

Why are you only spending $100 on an order at Ikea? All their good poo poo is pricy as hell.

Apr 7, 2003

I got a sofa bed at Ikea and it actually cost $120 more than a way better sofa bed from Costco that I saw and felt bad about the next day.

Ikea's primary use is checking out the small room setups they have in the store so I can figure out what I want to do with my 12 x 14 rooms that most furniture manufacturers pretend don't exist.

Apr 7, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

im amazed there hasn't been a freeze on hiring and promotions imposed yet

in related news i was promoted last week :)

I thought you died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

I was up in the attic digging through my stuff and I found a five year certificate from my last employer which was infuriating as gently caress

A> I was there way more than five years, it's just that much of it was as a contractor

B> gently caress you, why are you giving me a certificate about my "service" when you're going to lay me off anyway

loving poo poo company. gently caress them.