Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

whats upstream
about five pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

you forgot seeds, mother fucker
https://www.theonion.com/my-seed-is-pure-1819583431

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

DuckConference posted:

starting coughing this morning, trying not to jump to any conclusions
:rip:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

sometimes you have to get creative

https://twitter.com/Choplogik/status/1238246361239302144

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

all work conferencing should be done in microsoft comic chat

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

i got a new work machine a few years ago and they picked a surface pro 4. :(
ahahahaha

beeped again!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ok i did some thinking and ive got a new plan

this pandemic is predicted to go very wide, right? like 40-70% of the earths population is gonna get it in the next year or two?

and the big threat is that if (when) you get it the health care system will be overloaded or in a state of collapse?

the optimal strategy seems obvious: arrange to get the coronavirus NOW while there are still hospital beds and working ventilators available

brb off to lick all the doorknobs at my gym

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

latest age breakdown of deaths from italy

get in the urn, grandpa

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

eh there are some parts of biology i like

birbs :3:
:wrong:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

boss just sent out a meeting invite for tomorrow. we're all distributed and totally travel/remote anyways. message was, 'just want to talk to you guys and see your faces. hope you're all doing alright'

:unsmith:
lol youre all going to have to listen to a two hour pitch for his wifes mlm

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah everyone who's been saying this is gonna be over in a couple of weeks hasn't been paying attention

i admire their optimism but no way this is over before june. and that's me being extremely optimistic. imo everyone should be mentally prepared for this lasting into autumn
in six months things might start to begin to move back to normal

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

i've been sore and had a sporadic headache for the last few days and idk if it's just the stress and sitting around on my rear end or if i've got the plague and am one of those (nearly) asymptomatic carriers
do you get allergies? because if the thick layer of yellow pollen on my car every morning is any indication, we are balls deep in allergy season

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

Every time i cough I'm thinkin "well, i had a good run."
did you really, though?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cancel culture has gone too far

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

they wont be doing poo poo
...except voting to reelect the current president

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

we use bluejeans for all our videoconferencing and its been rock solid for us

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah ive been keeping it low-key. ive been working from home for awhile now, and everything i do is remote. took a day to get my ide and env setup at home.

today i did absolutely nothing except play factorio and agree with my co-workers on slack.

boss/owner went and ordered a bunch of laptops for all our interns so they can work from home, so i've been helping them remotely get set up with the vpn. we're a small company so i do most of the poo poo, even though i know very little outside of development stuff.

so far this just feels like a flu. i felt a bit tired yesterday with a sore throat, but was still able to lift in my basement. today i felt a bit worse but no fever.

working from home rules and i hope i never have to go back.
its entirely possible that it is plain ol' ordinary flu (did you get your shot?)

do you have any corvid symptoms? fever, persistent cough? diarrhea? shortness of breath? or are they more ordinary flu-like (chills, aches & pains, headache)?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

my breath has been a bit shorter today, and a cough seems to only hit in the morning. no aches or pains, no chills. my body temp doesnt seem to be out of the ordinary, i feel warm, but the thermometer just says 99.1 which isnt outrageous.
its also allergy season, which could also account for some of those symptoms. or maybe you're one of the majority of 'rona sufferers who has a mild case

sounds like youre doing the right thing (stay home, social distance, presumably lots of fluids and bedrest and tylenol)

good luck

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

how did you pronounce it
the correct way - "yospos"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Midjack posted:

for what its worth my brother is an actuary for a global insurance company and he said the industry estimates last week were half the 1918 epidemic.

that would mean were in for a fatality rate of 1.5% of the global population this time.
theyre predicting 40-70% of all people will catch the disease, with a 2-3% death rate

so 1.5% total fatalities sounds about right

117 million deaths worldwide
5.1 million americans
600 thousand californians

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

wfh done right

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

one of the sons that lived next door to my teenage home murdered his best friend in the face over $50 of oxycontin and then rammed a police blockade and got to spend the first 3 years of his prison bid in a wheelchair

the parents burned the house down. my brother went down to the Hometown last year and said there were nothing but old cinders and a foundation left. they never even sent a cleanup crew
americas heartland - the moral center of our great nation

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

but also because quentin tarantino is hard at work thinking of more stuff to steal from hong kong cinema
nah

that would require quentin to stop thinking about feet for a few moments

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

https://twitter.com/bridger_w/status/1242562274201464833

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

either way, drink more alcohol
this is the key point, right here

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

also stereotype your symptoms sound like a typical case of spring allergies

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

carry on then posted:

that and swimming pools
also: golf courses

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

urban water use (lawns, pools, showers, etc) makes up 10% of californias water use. Agriculture, which makes up 2% of Californias GDP, uses 40%.
the last numbers i saw were

10% residential
10% commercial/industrial
80% agricultural (one-eight of which went just to almonds)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

golf courses are dumb but not "flooding square miles of the desert under 4" of water to get three rice crops a year" dumb
IS GROWING FOOD WASTING WATER, rotor?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

END THE PELOSI-CREATED DUST BOWL

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FOOD GROWS WHERE WATER FLOWS

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

dude you got Molokai like RIGHT THERE, i suggest y'all use it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ds9 was less "truck stop in space" and more "gunsmoke in space" (frontier community, every week a stranger would come to town, trouble would ensue, and the issue would be resolved and the status quo reestablished in time for the closing credits) - at least for the first several seasons

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

if you were casting a shady doctor for better caul saul you would want them to look exactly like that dude
looks like a character from a pynchon novel or a steely dan song

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

lancemantis posted:

I feel like were more likely to evolve into some kind of arch-Soviet system of liberal capitalist oligarchy at this point
since the early 2000s ive thought the future of the us would be essentially 'brazil north'

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

username / post combo
:gas: :gas: :gas:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

There's a teeny little airstrip out in the central valley called Harris Ranch where you can fly in and go get a steak and if you show your pilot's license you got 10% off.

It is of course a cattle ranch, with a huge feedlot, so you can smell when you're approaching the airfield well before you can see it. I usually start noticing it about 20 miles out at 5000 feet
theres a similar effect approaching coalinga on the i5 - you smell that feedlot long before you see it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PCjr sidecar posted:

even when printing cash to avoid a total economic collapse they cant resist self sabotaging pro-banker impulses
not self-sabotaging - the banks and super rich got a huge pile of unaccountable bailout money and tax breaks in the corona bill

theyre gonna swoop in and buy up all the distressed companies and properties (for a fraction of their actual worth) once the market hits bottom

we are going to come out of this crisis with even greater concentration of wealth at the very highest strata of society

working as intended, in other words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

started getting back into running being able to go a mile and a half and am now up to 2 and a quarter. want to hit 5k by the end of this or in another month. who am i kidding this won't be over in another month
well you could be dead in another month and then it would be over - for you