Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i got one of these https://workfromhomedesks.com/. it looks quite nicely made. gotta put it together tonight, looks easy

post trip report
specifically the feasibility of adjusting the height while using it. that doesn’t look possible from the pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

I don’t have to I already grew up around people doing that

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

no motivation today, just want to go back to bed

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i forget who i saw tweet this so apologies to whoever i'm stealing it from but, here's one big indictment of billionaires: where the hell are they during covid-19? national hero status up for grabs, and they all just gently caress off to their yachts? elon musk and a dozen boxes of cpap machines is really the best that the entire billionaire class has to offer? not one of them gives enough of a poo poo?

the gates foundation is going to inject us all with tracking microchips

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i got fed up with my lovely hair and shaved my head clean last night

now my head looks like a potato

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hmmmm

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the steller's jay that likes visiting my balcony has figured out that, while he's too big to stand on the bird feeder with the little chickadees, he can totally jump up at the feeder and knock some seeds out with his beak and then eat them off the ground

smart bird

my local stellar’s jay squawks at me in the morning if his feeder is empty

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://imgur.com/a/3N9y1Ou

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

actually primitive camping on blm land sounds good right now but I’m a natural hermit so

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

our demands: give all blm land to blm

they’ll just take away again as soon as someone find gold or oil or something else useful

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We're getting the neuromancer future we never wanted, cool

more snow crash minus the street

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

there are a bunch of rural villages here where the ‘city sewage’ is actually just 3-4 buildings on a giant septic tank and leech field

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

your npr station is way different than mine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

falls under #2 in my list, yeah

good school but lot of grads with a drinking problem

every mining, petroleum or geology student/graduate I’ve ever met have been heavy drinkers

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the #1 foam finger raises some interesting theological questions tbqh

COVID-19 is the rapture

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I drive a Subaru with a bike rack. I have been pulled over and ticketed for the bike rack.

I assume because it was because it was sticking out the back too far
e: or the license plate thing

too bad you can’t use a roof rack

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Good on Ciaphas bailing from Vegas, for all the previous reasons plus

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1272927772944535552

our largest single day was last Friday with a total of 30 cases statewide

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

i know i've told this story before, but it's a pretty good example of how useless cops can be. one late night my girlfriend had her car stolen in front of a bar. we reported it that night. the next day we waited and waited to hear from them and then went out to look for ourselves. at about 11:30 am we found it in an empty parking lot less than a block away from where it was stolen. we called the police and said we found it, so they sent out an officer to meet us. a half hour later, this motherfucker drove right past us while we were waving and yelling at him. he eventually turned around and came back, glanced at the car, and i guess that was the whole investigation. tax dollars at work.

locally, almost every recovered stolen car that I'm aware of has been because the owner of the car went out looking for it and called the cops when they found it

the only case where that's not true is an incident where they were doing a drug raid and we like 'oh hey, this guy has 20 cars on his lot, maybe we should run the vins'

the cars were not hidden in any way

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this is actually an incredibly common practice

while I am not advocating the killing of kittens, farm cats aren’t pets. they are mostly feral and if their population grows too much it can cause real problems

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

also, spay and neuter your pets

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

but at the same time it feels both wrong and dangerous to continue as-is

:smith:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my 12 floor building has more throughput than that

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

you’re trading x deaths today for y deaths tomorrow, where x > y

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

BuT i mIsS mY fAvOrItE wAitReSs aT tWiN pEaKs

she lost her job in March and live with her parents again

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

we have 19 hours of daylight today

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Midjack posted:

:stonk: on that short night but the rest sounds good.

when sunrise and sunset are that close together you just get a couple hours of twilight and no darkness at all

I love it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the 6 month old wakes up riiiiiiiiight as the sky starts to lighten at like 5:30 or so

i don't believe that's technically dawn yet but my god do i miss being a bachelor the winter

I tinfoiled my son's window so he can have reasonable bedtimes and mornings

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

city is mandating masks in “ public indoor spaces”

there were actual anti mask protesters at the announcement

including a doctor
a neurosurgeon
who was quoted as saying “medical choices should be left to the individual “

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/govmurphy/status/1277344426734608386?s=21

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/brynntannehill/status/1277211131430535168?s=21

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1277376328413655040?s=20

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

my grandpa spent the korean war touching telephone equipment in japan my blood was cursed before my father was even born

my grandfather did tube touching for the army

my dad hosed off to the Alaskan wilderness in the 70’s

I didn’t learn his lesson well enough

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

there was a COVID case in my building, thankfully not in one of our offices, but I was on the same floor to drop off a laptop during the exposure window

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

President Beep posted:

yeah, going cross country through the middle if ohio is one of the most boring things I’ve ever experienced.

when I was a teenager my family drove from NYC to Cleveland and it was the least interesting thing I’ve ever experienced

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

on that same trip, in the mid-90’s, while visiting family in Cleveland I was accused of “false flagging” and some guys tried to grab me

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I ran like a little girl

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I was later told that I was lucky I wasn’t shot

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that’s my Cleveland story, thanks for listening

I still have family in Cleveland, they are very child-like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

this area is drat near identical to a denver suburb i went to on business years ago

american suburban sprawl is goddamn cancer

every time I visit the lower 48 I am constantly surprised and depressed at all the little townships that have glommed together into one unending mass of suburbia