Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

no cars go in the small car house attached to your person house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I had pet gerbils as a kid. They're pretty stupid but very cute, and they are desert animals that don't pee very much, so as long as you keep their aquarium clean they don't smell bad.

gerbils are great, but they are even worse than rats if you have cats, being smaller and way less capable of remaining in a single spot.

but they are really friendly even and if you give them enough bedding they'll make tunnels.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i used to keep rats when i was in middle school. i loved them but cleaning the cage was annoying, and the cheapass wire cage my parents got wasn't super secure so every once in a while there'd be an escape. think i had three total, after the last one died i decided not to get any more.

when cleaning my gerbil cage when i had them one managed to break the confines of the playpen i kept them in and dive into a cup of cold coffee.

gerbils seem overcaffinated at the best of times so he was going nuts all day.

i was more careful to not keep my coffee on the table they were being kept on during cleaning after that

same gerbil also managed to get out when i was gone for a weekend by chewing through the cage lid. I came back to see him standing in the middle of the room staring at me like he did nothing wrong.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

my assistant got the roni :toot:

in theory we are all supposed to go back next monday, but at least 5 people have pozzed up in the last week

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The_Franz posted:

little giant ladders aren't cheap, but they are incredibly versatile and are fairly compact when completely collapsed

my father got me one as a house warming gift. as soon as i opened it i went onto the roof because no one can stop me now

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

also you just find an independent cpa or something most of them are fine and they'll send you a little package with all your docs if you just want to not have to think to much about it. that way you aren't also giving hr block or dan gilbert your money

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah antivax is as old as vaccination itself

friday night motherfuckers

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

tk posted:

Isn’t gold kind of soft? Like if you spent a lot of time posting would you wear a little spot for yourself?

i think you need to eat more? less? fiber

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

whats the worst little heart swelling will do to a tennis player?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

is this the original from which the x’s haunted template became a thing?

yes. you can explore more in the upcoming major motion picture "moonfall" from Roland Emmerich. Its like all his other movies except it's the moon.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

china is preventing our best athletes from participating in the suck and gently caress fest that competitors on their level expect. is this really keeping to the spirit of the olyimpics?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

seems like it's kind of past a threshold you'd never forget. but here we are

if we acknowledge the deaths then the virus will know we are afraid of it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

getting in trouble isn't real so i'm just wfh on the days im supposed to come in if i feel even a little bit crappy or feel like living it too hard

so pretty much the first day of the week

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

our management has given up trying to fight for more and surprisingly its lead to a mass exodus

we are in wait and see mode because we just had one of our semi-annual CEO coups. also our CTO isn't considered an "equal" amongst the executives for some weird reason

also she's not a white male like the rest of the c-levels. probably unrelated though

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hell yeah 5 covid cases in the office over the past week love coming into the office

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

condos are legally defined things so if that goon was living in a place that was identified as a discrete, salable unit in a master deed, governed by a board made up of unit owners, etc then it was a condo.

i sleep in a bed governed by my wife

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i will gladly brwathe my own full strength farts than get homeopathic fart treatment from 2 dozen coworkers

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

knox_harrington posted:

someone is going to end up telling you you'll be more productive in the office, despite all the evidence.

our c-levels couldn't even do that and just said "we work better when we are together"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ironically RTO solved us not having enough office space (because massive swathes of the company left)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A 28% booster uptake rate ain't lookin' too hot.

Maybe the government should use state power for something good and mandate vaccinations so we can quit loving around with this dumb poo poo forever.

we need those state resources to force people back into the office to stabilize commercial re

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

if only there were some legal mechanism by which several different entities could own property on the same plot of land

also just confiscate the residential units as well. their landlord is now the city easy as

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lmao hes complaining about how it’s terrible for center city but center city blows and is the worst part of philly.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

my ex lived at 21st and walnut a while back and the main experience i had visiting was the pressure flush toilets in the ~15 floor building making GBS threads the bed all the time.

also nothing but netting a mattress into the alley dumpster from the 4th floor fire escape.

:nice:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i do important work related tasks such as laundry, mowing the lawn, or napping

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

spankmeister posted:

the pilgrims hopped on the good ship Mayflower and set sail to the New World to escape religious persecution in England

only people often forget that they found a safe haven in The Netherlands before they did so, and lived in Leiden for 11 years. they found the Dutch to be godless liberal heathens and thought they were a bad influence on their children and they didn't want their purestrain community to become watered down with Dutch blood so they bounced

if they had waited 30 years they could have joined cromwell in killing as many irish and presbyterians as their hearts desired but nope had to go suffer in boston

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

when we hit 1000 covid is officially over

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

shoulda checked the postcount heading instead of the postcount direction

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

"Your recent Omicron infection is a natural boost to your immunity, so it is reasonable to wait a few months before getting your fourth dose"

:rubby:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i count starting from 1. how do you count?

lol check out this loser who doesn’t 0 index

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Stereotype posted:

i'd be fine with getting a shot every month if it made me immune to getting sick, even if it made me feel gross and bad for a day after like the other ones did, but my understanding is that neither the vaccine nor the immune system work like that and so i just gotta keep waiting i guess. wearing a mask isn't so bad

hell i feel like poo poo way more than once a week i can deal with just being generally miserable of my own volition

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah, couldn't stop posting Ls. I'm cool now.

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once is fuckin dope. Find out when it comes to streaming and check that poo poo out.

its really fukkin good. everyone's firing on all cylinders

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

yeah that one was worse imo. jesus christ

i think this lady may need to speak to a therapist which isn't named amazon

shes a bad divorce away from becoming a hoarder

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

For a lot of gambling addicts it isn't about winning or losing, it's about dropping the money

For a lot of sex addicts paying for sex is a part of the process for them

I guess you can be a consumerism addict and get off on spending way too much money for dumb poo poo

like a lot of self-medication addictions it is "harmless" when their life is in good shape but can spiral out of control when it takes a downturn. Like how most of the vietnam vets didn't become opium addicts when they got home and were no longer seeing visions of hell everyday.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

there was a study done among vietnam vets who used heroin and other opiods while seeing combat and then when they got back home, if they had a stable situation, they didn't remain addicted. They just used it because they were fighting a war.

Addictions happen when someone has no other support structure.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2012/01/02/144431794/what-vietnam-taught-us-about-breaking-bad-habits

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

right now about 1/3 of my yard is clover and violets and i kinda want to find a way to encourage it to cover the entire yard so i dont need to mow again

though mowing is fun because there is a lot of wild onion so everything ends up smelling like onions for a day

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

from what i have seen it doesn't seem that long covid is due to the virus hanging around but just from it loving up organs and nerves from the swelling

but then shingles and ms take 20 years to show up so i guess ill check back in 2040 on all my coworkers who have gotten it and see if like their teeth have all turned into lesions or something

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i had a shingle break out on my thumb and it was debilitating i dont even want to imagine how bad it would be on my back or something

im sure ill find out in the next decade!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

if you get polio you can be president so idk why people are so afraid of it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I went to my loving PCP yesterday and he told me I should take my mask off because everyone was going to get it

gently caress my life

he even said "I know your wife is immunocompromised but it's going to happen"

he treats her!!!!!!!

seems like its a good time to find an actual pa weed doctor

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fortunately covid is over so they won’t have to spend as much cleaning the boats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

and now they have one where you can role play the neo nazi first order and send chewbacca to a death camp