Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

this tweet is the perfect intersection of yospos and cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

has anyone said omicron job 25 11 2021 /home/scripts/new_variant.sh yet

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

cowboy beepboop posted:

we're pretty well vaccinated here (~95%) so we're just letting omicron go wild, it's going ok. like a thousand people in hospital all up (mostly delta & unvaccinated or a single dose) but with 20k cases a day that seems ok. doesn't stop some people freaking out and thinking the end is nigh though

I was pretty keen to get back to the office for the commute so I'm bummed. love riding my bike.

lol where are you that +1000 people is nbd for hospitals?

anyway, australia is 91.5% double vaccinated and our hospitals:

based on results on SA, UK and EU in general, it seems like you need to have a large population that survived a prior infection and/or booster shots.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

no, you're right it's definitely fine that we're at 25% of our peak delta hospitalisations

she'll be right!!!!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lotta people in this thread reacting the way a middle manager would when told by opsec that he'll have to lockdown and quarantine some systems

mild fresh food shortage!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-04/food-shortages-at-major-supermarkets-covid-rises/100737066

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

cowboy beepboop posted:

what do you suggest we do

you? stop posting

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

nah jk bud just stop shooting the messenger and spreading all the ITS MILD and OPEN UP discourse

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

kitten emergency posted:

if you get PCR tested then itís a reported case

ill let the others talk about how hard it is to get a test in the US but it's hosed in australia:

https://twitter.com/karenlsweeney/status/1478167075868667905?s=20

reports of 8 hour waits in line and delayed results and having to get retested because the sample expired.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

first day was mostly fine, 2nd day my legs were aching and i was pretty tired. went to bed pretty early and was fine by day 3.

was it hard to get a booking for the booster? (assuming you're in the eastern states). i have friends there who are saying it's hard but i suspect they're dragging their feet.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

cowboy beepboop posted:

I just went to the local pharmacy's site and got a booking for 3 days later, was easy as.

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

rotor posted:

uh we still have prohibition its just for dope instead of booze

biden... decriminalise, legalise and then mandate getting blazed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

you can defeat the virus