Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i don’t know why my phone autocorrected that to law sure. i wrote make sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah i finally read that report that scared the poo poo out of our state governments and actually got them to act for once. it’s uh... not good

what report is that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MononcQc posted:

being able to self-structure time.

congrats on being the reason managers think they need your rear end in the chair for work to be done

jokes on you, i can waste an entire day with my rear end in the chair

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

except for getting groceries i haven't left my apartment since they announced the shelter-in-place on friday and i'm starting to go nuts

i did this for like 5 or 6 weeks in january-february

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wonder who amongst us will be the first to get the chop and also how many of us. not gonna lie i feel like i’m gonna be one of the first since my job depends on both travel and companies willing to make long term strategic investments

i have decent job security for the next quarter at least

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

well im sure glad we let finance get it’s filthy hands on the entire economy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

i watched an infectious disease researcher talk about the coronavirus on the joe rogan show. i had never seen a joe rogan show before. it was very enlightening.

joe rogan is a stupid man, yes? not like mean or malicious or anything. just... extremely credulous and very dumb

joe rogan is basically like, a curious version of a normal guy who interviews people by asking really obvious and basic questions. some of his interviews are worth watching for that reason

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

joe rogan is an MMA guy who got hit in the head a bunch, became a commentator, started smoking ridiculous amounts of weed, tried psychadelics, and started a podcast. he is not smart, but it's unfair to call him stupid because a lot of it is probably chronic TBIs

i don’t think he’s a stupid guy. he’s not particularly smart or stupid, the defining thing about him is that he asks very basic questions and will engage with basically anybody for hours

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Midjack posted:

joe rogan uncritically gives shitbags a platform and for that he deserves your scorn, not your attention.

i just listen to part of his podcasts with people i find interesting, like that disease guy or cornell west. if you actually cut out every media person who uncritically gives shitbags a platform then what media are you even consuming?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ShadowHawk posted:

might as well tell yospos what I actually do for a living now

I'm an SRE at Google. Day to day I keep display ads serving, and I'm oncall for major ads incidents

yikes. what’s the word for the opposite of an essential service?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

dang

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

its your moral duty to do that job really badly, op.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

you can join synirc #yospos if you want to read celexi obsessively typing people's names over and over and other people posting the n-word ironically tho

no thanks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

it's messed up that good news is lessening this from 'worse than wwii' to 'still incredibly bad and overwhelming our hospitals' but i'll take it

well i read that it’s a bio weapon that goes dormant and then re-emerges as hiv after you think you recovered and eventually 75% of people will have their lungs turn into a puddle of blood

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

haveblue posted:

read the d&d (not cspam) politics thread

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

numbers go up is a very yospos game and everyone here should be playing it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

so the $1200 check is means tested based on your 2018 income????

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

capitalism certainly could be a way to improve people’s lives but it’s often not leveraged that way.

capitalism certainly could be a way to improve people’s lives but it’s often not leveraged that way.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

antibiotics generally have bad expiries just fyi so u would need to rotate

plus people are generally clueless as to what antibiotics are useful for what. my experience is that people think of antibiotics as a single entity that fixes problems

my question is do people have enough acid for the end times. i hope when i die i’m tripping absolute balls

maybe you won’t die echi

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

idk i feel like if i wanted a hyper-realistic battlefield experience I'd have joined the fuckin marines and gotten paid for it

with esports you can get the best of both worlds

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

lol we're all gonna die but all i want is to take a half dozen raiding desperate nazis down with me

if you end up shooting anyone your probably just going to shoot yourself

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fatal Error posted:

lol @ surviving. just drop the fuckin bomb on top of me and erase me from existence

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

welp. customer is terminating the project. my clock is now ticking

enjoy retirement, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

all it took ALL IT TOOK was for us to build one basic, crude rear end, global travel infrastructure that let people zip between continents in 10-14 hours with no real screening and 29k DNA pairs in a tiny, compact package

this is not an indictment of the lack of screening, just the existence of the planes

isnt it rna

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

yep saw that. (casa bonita is <1 mi from my house btw)

i super wonder how the south park "douche vs a turd sandwich! both sides are bad" gang is taking this

well, both sides are bad and selling us all out. it took a bipartisan effort for the neolibs to fully rot the economy over the past few decades and this new relief bill that passed unanimously is the biggest transfer of wealth from us to the top in american history

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

but seriously why is everyone buying water

like toilet paper is actually kind of in short supply at the consumer facing end because morons keep hoarding it all, so i guess i get why people are jumping on it when they see it. my local grocery is still completely sold out

but water comes out of the loving tap

do these people like...do they just not use tap water at all? do they cook with bottled water? do they brush their teeth with it?

lol if you drink sinkwater

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

sink water rules

im drinking some right now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

so basically every restaurant and bar is just gonna go out of business right

walked down a street of restaurants near my apartment here in china and 80% of them already have for rent signs in the window

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stereotype posted:

Well ideally once everyone has rolled the dice then it just peters out. The dice roll isn't a great bet though, it's essentially rolling 3 dice and you die if you get either all 1s or all 2s, except it might actually be worse than that because there are no more ventilators.

good news, other coronaviruses don’t seem to provide long lasting immunity after you recover. you might be able to get this one over and over again lol!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

star trek beyond had a lot of small ships

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

i had a dream that the 13 year old kid next door broke into my house and stole all my booze.

that was me. sorry gramps

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

very cool

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

everyone’s gonna die

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

ever gotten into meditation 290?

im only on meditation 289. whats the new version like

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TerminalRaptor posted:

I just realized today has been two weeks since I left my home to go anywhere outside of my back yard and the mailbox. Who knew I'd been training my entire life for this.

hell, same

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

no its only you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fabricated posted:

I'm fukken bored

go outside

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

i’ve had to shave so that masks work

other thing is that surgical masks are not great at protection but excellent at stopping spread so if everyone just wore them then we would dominate the problem with n95s being saved for those actually working with the sickness

thats what china's strategy is

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

and they have more alive people than any other country on the planet

#woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stereotype posted:

actually everyone in China is dead from the virus and the Chinese communist party is lying about it to make the USA look bad.

yeah i live in china and i can confirm