Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
from each according to his ability (to pick stuff off shelves and deliver it to me), to each according to his need (for me to not have to leave my house)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blockade posted:

Landscapers are not our enemy.

Something must be done about the jogger and bike person menace though

i don't really have a beef w/ joggers but i am willing to ally myself against them to defeat the bicyclist scourge

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

just simply move north

everyone knows that northward = colder, where climate change will undeniably transform these frozen wastelands into the new fertile crescent of human civilization

nah, y'all can stay down there

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

I googled it. it was a tree metaphor.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

hr could be set up like an accounting department with inbound/receivables [hiring, transfers, promotions] and outbound/payables [you getting fired, we need to cut a check to cover for our lovely ceo, etc.]. everything else people seem to think they do but actually don't [conflict resolution, helping if you have a personal problem, maintaining a non-hostile work environment] doesn't fit in this model and it will be clear to people if you're talking to hr what to expect

every company ive worked for that had the most functional HR had all those critical functions (hiring,firing,etc...) handled by finance. every other scenario is just massively wasteful in time and money because HR people are the most useless people on the earth.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that popeyes chicken sandwich is legit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
usb c sucks rear end as a dock port because of the reasons jonny mentioned. the cable required for handling the dock power ends up being pretty thick and inflexible and it tends to pull itself out of the usb-c port pretty easily. for everything else I think it works pretty well, tho. maybe they could add a little retention clip thing for docks.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I think the problem is a lot of manufacturers try to stick to the usb-c power spec which is woefully underpowered (another problem w/ usbc). for a while hp docks had a cable that was a combined barrel connector and usbc connector.

dell said gently caress it and they make over-spec docks and chargers. I wouldn't bother with other laptop brands these days for work stuff.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I have one of those commercial style pressure toilets, I would fear for my colonic integrity if I attached a bidet to it

this is brilliant and i want one now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i wonder if its cause people were trying to make them work for the 'rona and amazon either ran out or doesnt want to deal w/ that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blinkz0rz posted:

i made a margarita last night and it was good

probably gonna make another one today

margaritas are a drink that you kind of think "hmm, yeah thats fine but what else could i make?" but then you have a good one and its all u really feel like drinking

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a good margarita has to have cointreau or grand marnier or curaçao in it, but my buddy whose family is from honduras says that they just mix up frozen concentrate limeade and tequila and it's p good

i like frozen limeaid in a frozen marg, but for normal yeah just cointreau lime and tequila.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

it is an absolute wonder of a cpu. it was also my longest build and if it hadnt gone id be using it still

the only major difference in normal use ive noticed is long draw distance of user-generated game content used to stress it (bases in NMS, for example) but anything else it was a champ for. it would easily punch above its weight class for minimum requirements in 2020

i gave my 2500k/gtx970 compy to a buddy like 3 years ago and he was using it up until a few months ago at which point he gave it to a buddy of his who is currently using it. a pretty good compy, imo. from what i understand he plays alot of casual games like overwatch so its perfect

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they're jussssst now starting to build more housing in my area and its not enough to keep up with demand.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

and nothing of value was lost

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
had my last meeting of the day and its friday. i wonder how much work i will do now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

"we'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

i use this one all the time and i will never stop

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a perfect way to tell someone you have heard their concerns and will address them in the future by ignoring them and moving forward without being able to go back

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol my director moved from Pittsburgh to Orlando and got a loving raise

Why would I ever agree to less money to move to a lower cost area

living in florida requires hazard pay

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to live mas

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

a scale model maybe, lol

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

why don't you have another meltdown over it

:ironicat:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there are 2 stations that do that here.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

of all the style trends, at least cottage core won't look like complete poo poo in 10 years since the entire aim is to look like a house made in 1900-1930

cottage core is new england stolen valor and i will have none of it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

at least the penis is unused

looool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

maine is hannaford krew thru & thru iirc

we just got a market basket but im not going there until covid is over

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MononcQc posted:

this is good because a person with two ovulation tracking apps never knows when they are actually ovulating

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The Russians used a penis

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

my dinner was like 60% brussels sprouts tonight and boy am i farting a whole lot about it

i made deep fried brussel sprouts for turkey day and god drat are those good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

the easiest way to resolve this ethical conundrum for jurors, is to hold cops to a higher legal standard than other civilians and the question of trusting them resolves too

cops shouldnt be allowed to testify at all. if they witnessed a crime it should be captured on their body cam and turned over to the defense including footage preceding and following the event. lack of body (or cruiser) cam video or obstruction of that video should be considered spoliation of evidence.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fart simpson posted:

i would pay that much for moxie

moxie is so gross

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

crossquoting this to see if I can pop a vein in Shaggar's temple

honestly I wouldn't wish death on these folks but seeing his bike get pretzelled would have made my day.

luckily for them the drivers are all attentive and looking out for hazards like bicycles.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

aristotle once said: it is known that all men want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooong jacket.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i go to the expensive white people grocery store because they actually enforce the masking orders which includes not dicknosing it around the place

i just go to the normal grocery store but do the online order pickup thing where they just dump it in ur trunk w/out contact. its great.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

big same. after people making GBS threads all over safeway in the nfc west thread (lol) i've been branching out to qfc (kroger). i'm learning which is better at what, slowly.

we have hannaford and shaws here and hannaford is better in every single way.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ham is so fuckin good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

if you're trying to type posix shell commands into a non posix shell and you're blaming the non posix shell you might need to find a new line of work

nobody should be writing posix shell commands anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

it's batshit how the DOJ just not giving a flying gently caress about AT&T slowly recombining barely a decade after the bell system breakup and then absolutely whiffing the microsoft case fuckin empowered so many tech companies to just go forth and be anti-competitive

microsoft did nothing wrong.