Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I miss the old Retsupurae... The Let's Play with Youtube thread changed my life. We need to start our own Retsupurae 2.0. Who is in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Nah

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress that racist rear end name

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I dated a girl in highschool who loved Rasputina. This is the nostalgic thread now.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Retsupurae did more to popularize SA in the late 00s early 10s than anybody

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Retsupurae is also dead.

The old stuff died out because everyones consoles now record games/stream so this content isnt uploaded in 6 minute snippets to youtube but instead on streams nobody watches or even knows exist.

And the name is, uh, bad

So what is your 3.0 proposal?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Barudak posted:

New Retsupurae is also dead.

The old stuff died out because everyones consoles now record games/stream so this content isnt uploaded in 6 minute snippets to youtube but instead on streams nobody watches or even knows exist.

And the name is, uh, bad

So what is your 3.0 proposal?

I mean, the 3.0 is kinda Slowbeef's Visual Novel Book Club or the Fight Palace.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I think we can reuse Twitch content on Youtube. We might be demonetized. We can do a twitch invasion NWO style.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to go find BillyMC and buy him a forums account if he wants to come in and tell us his stories.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
There's a new Retsupurae??? It's a shame the Dahir Insaat videos got nuked.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

RP is great but the older stuff can be a bit hard to go back to, shame it ended when it did, was extremely good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, the 3.0 is kinda Slowbeef's Visual Novel Book Club or the Fight Palace.

I feel like these are fun but not retsupurae necessarily. I like the concept of virtual novel book club quite a lot, and thought it was a good move on Slowbeefs part but no idea if it was successful or rewarding for them.

excellent bird guy posted:

I think we can reuse Twitch content on Youtube. We might be demonetized. We can do a twitch invasion NWO style.

I feel like this loses the magic a little as a large part to me of the charm was basically heckling the laziness to upload a poorly captured video that demonstrated no skill, insight, or comedy, and then unceremoniously dumping it to youtube with the video ending in the posters panic as they realize they are late for work.

Theres also an extremely fine line between making fun of something lazy and something that is a person just experimenting and trying stuff out or uploading solely for their friends enjoyment and I feel like part of the reason they stopped doing that format is because it got harder and felt meaner.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
goons will say that you're "terminally online" because you're a firm believer in Juche ideology but they will also read/watch/listen to someone else making fun of someone else's playthrough of some stupid japanese computer dating sim nobody gives two shits about.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Once it stopped being about mocking terrible LPs it stopped actually being Retsupurae.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It was usually pretty good. I occasionally go back to watch some of them like the MuscleBomber one. The fat guy who wanted people to draw him in MUGEN was one of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pvKipaXdY
Can’t find the second one where he does the Haruhi dance though. :(

But you’re not allowed to make fun of people on the internet in the year 2020, so I think we’re supposed to be “above” them now. Sorry OP

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Creamed Cormp posted:

goons will say that you're "terminally online" because you're a firm believer in Juche ideology but they will also read/watch/listen to someone else making fun of someone else's playthrough of some stupid japanese computer dating sim nobody gives two shits about.

this thread is NOT about juicing please stay on topic

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
On closer inspection it appears the Dahir Insaat videos are not, in fact, nuked any more. Good news there then.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Back in the day it was a lot harder to track people down and harass them about their lovely videos unless they mentioned their own username in the video itself, but now it's as easy as reverse image searching any frame from the video and you'll get the original source. That plus how annoyingly vicious people can act over incredibly minor infractions like "made a bad let's play" means its time has passed OP.

Also a number of the super old lovely let's plays that got RPed were posted on SA where people could make fun of them anyway (like Deceased Crab), but that doesn't really happen anymore.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 6, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

excellent bird guy posted:

Retsupurae did more to popularize SA in the late 00s early 10s than anybody

Popularized among the wrong kinds of people

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JK Fresco posted:

To be honest I don’t think anything attracted those people more than the Dangan Ronpa let’s play that was posted all over Tumblr.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Creamed Cormp posted:

so which one are you here for

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I find it amusing they built a brand for years off a throwaway joke, and a really stupid name that's super hard to spell. Youtubers were flipping their poo poo, they were so mad at being laughed at by 3 cackling goons. Then Retsupurae channel got banned, they remade it 'Ret's Pray' (which would have been better as it's easier to spell.) It was just a crazy wild fun time on the SA end.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

JK Fresco posted:

I don’t think anyone in CSPAM came here because of RP...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hoi oim ElectricalBeast, the giant o let's play! Maario's gonna use is toime magic to tellypor

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i like the wrongpuraes and flash games and poo poo like that. fuckin Hopkins FBI, man.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
me grotty piss stained youtube channel

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I have a terrible voice and a thick, nigh alien accent. I'm perfect!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

They got shut down by terrorists OP

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

Once it stopped being about mocking terrible LPs it stopped actually being Retsupurae.

The problem was, at first they were just two random dudes making fun of really bad let's plays. Once you start getting a fanbase, it really quickly becomes the big guy picking on little kids.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
I do not want it to come back for the same reason I wish MST3K didn't come back. The people who cared stopped caring and moved on. Also the name is racist and really does need to be changed.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Also YouTube changed its ToS along the way where even if they wanted to make fun of a large man eating dozens of pizza rolls, Youtube wouldn’t allow it.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wamdoodle posted:

so which one are you here for

can't you read? I'm here for the Juche ideology

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So you are saying Retsupurae should Arise, OP?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

EorayMel posted:

So you are saying Retsupurae should Arise, OP?

I think you mean 'alise'.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I liked some of Deceased Crab, he did an lp with a lady he married (madam luna), of Shadowgate... it was pretty good! I'd be very curious to know how some of those that were RP'd felt, if they were harassed. That's yea, not cool.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I did have a little back and forth arguing with actionbastardaway. He was a prick!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9G-JAqOoyE

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
"I'm not witty enough to be a complete knob on my own so instead I'll just watch someone else be a complete knob"

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i don't believe you use the phrase "complete knob" offline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Slowbeef has a voice like someone sawing through a rusty nail and every time I hear his ridiculous squawk I wish for laryngitis to go pandemic.