Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I too enjoy racism and birds OP lets pump each other up the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Remember the vids with Shmorky? Like the one where it devolved into "my son is gay because I sexually assaulted him" jokes? Because I suddenly do.
Because I've never been a horrible shithead in the past. Nope. Never.
And it was before Shmorky was determined to be a pedophile. And they apologized for making those kinds of jokes.
It's probably good Retsupurae is dead though.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 6, 2020

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
join us while we point out why a thirty minute video made by a child is not very good (it also takes us thirty minutes to do so)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bonaventure posted:

i don't believe you use the phrase "complete knob" offline

I don't exist offline

StudlyCaps
Oct 4, 2012
Hey, you're missed pals.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

What is this latest thing about anger and video games? Is this a gamer gate?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Disgusting Coward posted:

Slowbeef has a voice like someone sawing through a rusty nail and every time I hear his ridiculous squawk I wish for laryngitis to go pandemic.

thats why you need diabetus to balance it out

What happened that they stopped making videos?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Skeleton Ape posted:

What is this latest thing about anger and video games? Is this a gamer gate?

these guys are the angriest gamers i've ever heard

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I miss Maxwell Adams and the Freelance Astronauts, the internet's original let's play streamers.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
RP was groundbreaking but there are a million better let's play's now. it's like missing covered wagons in the age of cars

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

First of May posted:

I miss Maxwell Adams and the Freelance Astronauts, the internet's original let's play streamers.

Something reminded me of them the other day and then I realised that was all literally a decade ago.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wurzag posted:

Something reminded me of them the other day and then I realised that was all literally a decade ago.

Sometimes that guy singing "Ballion" pops in my head randomly.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 6, 2020

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Mooey Cow posted:

On closer inspection it appears the Dahir Insaat videos are not, in fact, nuked any more. Good news there then.

How can you say this and not link them, you monster?

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Who What Now posted:

Sometimes that guy singing "Balloon" pops in my head randomly.

this, but Karnov

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Lol if you like deceased crab. The dude was a tool and thought he was better than anyone else.

Bet you he is replaying lamulana with his stupid gimmicks.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Lol if you like deceased crab. The dude was a tool and thought he was better than anyone else.

Bet you he is replaying lamulana with his stupid gimmicks.

One of my favorite Retseupurae's, besides the dark seed games, was one where they were commenting on one of deceased crab's LaMulana videos and then revealed at the end that they were not actually watching the video and knew exactly what he was going to say and do from said gimmicks. It more or less killed DC's lets play videos overnight.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The 100x100 resolution screen of the goon ripping a bong in the middle of the pewdiepie retsupurae video but for browsing this thread

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
retsupurae peaked when the glass shattered in the bar in the town with no name

dont slowbeef and diabeetus hate each other now?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Entorwellian posted:

One of my favorite Retseupurae's, besides the dark seed games, was one where they were commenting on one of deceased crab's LaMulana videos and then revealed at the end that they were not actually watching the video and knew exactly what he was going to say and do from said gimmicks. It more or less killed DC's lets play videos overnight.

I remember if you commented in the retsupurae video DC blocked you on YouTube.

He has really thin skin.

E- I thought his two Tyrian threads killed him?

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

They got shut down by terrorists OP

You tell my bitch of an ex-wife to shut this channel down now before I blow us all to hell!

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Robo Reagan posted:

that is the ultimate fate of most let's play duos

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Chip and Ironicus are still goin, although it kinda sounds like Ironicus is completely tapped out sometimes and only laughs when chip sneakily hands him a cue card telling him to react to the video

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Robo Reagan posted:

I don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s more that Beef has 2 kids and Beetus has moved around the country a few times and when you’re suddenly middle-aged dudes with real lives it can be hard to be semi-professional internet people. (Especially when coordinating an RP recording is a lot more schedule-intensive than just hopping on Twitch to stream individually.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

Chip and Ironicus are still goin, although it kinda sounds like Ironicus is completely tapped out sometimes and only laughs when chip sneakily hands him a cue card telling him to react to the video

Ironicus was having a lot of fun imagining Waluigi as an anarco-capitalist just last video, so he's still got some fumes to run on.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Who What Now posted:

Ironicus was having a lot of fun imagining Waluigi as an anarco-capitalist just last video, so he's still got some fumes to run on.

ahah yeah that sure sounds like some epic laughs

have some reddit gold kind sir!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

verbal enema posted:

gently caress that racist rear end name

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Geemer posted:

How can you say this and not link them, you monster?

Here ya go sir
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaelxMx37ZE_-pYWUTLZe87eDrFi0qGbw

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:

First of May posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

First of May posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
IIRC slowbeef said the channel name is how you would actually say "Let's Play" using Japanese lettering or whatever, but gently caress if I can confirm that.

I enjoyed them, but they haven't aged well for the most part, and it's probably better that it eventually went away and slowbeef is now selling out on Twitch or whatever.

Now the Men Drinkin Coffee, that's a group I still miss dearly.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

LanceHunter posted:

I don’t think anyone in CSPAM came here because of RP...

They did

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i was annoyed when they deleted the one of the guy eating all those pizz arolls

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I feel validated thinking it was poo poo back then and seeing people agree it was poo poo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I still think this is the pinnacle of retsupurae.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-tgLUABxA

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I don’t understand a single post itt.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mega64 posted:

I still think this is the pinnacle of retsupurae.

The build up to The Reveal in this one is classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFAy-Ajua8g

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mega64 posted:

IIRC slowbeef said the channel name is how you would actually say "Let's Play" using Japanese lettering or whatever, but gently caress if I can confirm that.
speak japanese at an intermediate level, can confirm. the japanese language is syllabic, so the 'alphabet' consists of discrete sounds. a, i, u, e, o; ka, ki, ku, ke, ko; ma, mi, mu, me, mo; etc.

the 'l' sound does not exist in this alphabet. there's no syllables for la, li, lu, le, lo. the l-sound is localized into an 'r' sound, because ra, ri, ru, re, and ro DO exist. a similar quirk mandates that the 'ts' in "let's" turns into 'tsu'.

this is the actual linguistic reality that a lot of racists have turned into caricatures of that ding-danged furrener who can't speak-a the english, though, so it can be both.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

LanceHunter posted:

I don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s more that Beef has 2 kids and Beetus has moved around the country a few times and when you’re suddenly middle-aged dudes with real lives it can be hard to be semi-professional internet people. (Especially when coordinating an RP recording is a lot more schedule-intensive than just hopping on Twitch to stream individually.)

It's actually Diabeetus having a kid that derailed things AFAIK. Last summer slowbeef commented that they don't think it's completely dead but they don't know when it'll return.

They've basically just become a normal LP channel for the past 3-5 years anyways but they're good commentators.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Iirc the channel was originally called 'retsupray' back in like 08 and then was shortly renamed to retsupurae specifically to get away from the crass broken english gag. Not that retsupurae is much better because it's still the same joke in spirit but it is what it is.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I remember laughing pretty hard at some of the retsufrash videos from forever ago, but dredging up video game playthroughs made by unsocialized weirdos so you can spend 15 minutes smugly cracking jokes about how weird and incompetent they are was really off-putting to me.