Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Are you planning to combine assets after the wedding? If so, I wouldn't bother doing the work until after, when poo poo is going to be all mixed up anyway. You're going to be fine just following the reddit flowchart for now. Max what you can max. Planning on kids soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

"BAE OF PIGS" posted:

Kids are a maybe around 3 years or so down the line. She used to be against them, but now that her friend had one, she has fallen in love with it and wants one. I could go either way, but the idea of not having to worry about the finances of raising a child appeals to me.
Yeah, don't have a kid unless you really want one imo. Maybe do counseling before you marry to hammer that out? I know it isn't strictly bfc related but kids change absolutely everything and getting a divorce will murder your finances.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

No kid should have a parent who doesn't really want to be a parent. It's a grueling job, thankless, and if you don't feel strongly that you want one then you are chancing ruining your life and the kid's.

I went to counseling with my husband before we had kids to make sure we were both totally on the same page before, you know, bringing another human being into the world who would depend on us for everything.

Edit: o wait, just checked who I was responding to, lol