Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Tonight we've got two title fights, here's everything you need to know about the co-main:

https://streamable.com/jnij3

Here's everything you need to know about the main event:

https://streamable.com/s4ps3

Emily Whitmire is in the hospital after missing weight last night so her fight with Polyana Viana is off and the event is starting 30 minutes later as a result.

Drakkar Klose and Beneil Dariush are both on a 3 fight win streak, though Dariush finished his last two opponents and Klose has had nothing but decisions on his record since 2015.

Neil Magny is being sacrificed to Li Jiangliang for some reason.

Brazilian Cowboy is fighting Max Griffin which probably will be more fun during the walkouts than during the fight but maybe you need time to get snacks anyway.

There's a bunch of cool poo poo on the prelims too, O'Malley is actually getting to fight and Deron Winn actually made weight.

Watch out for Giga Chikadze, he's gonna do something cool tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I haven't been this excited for a card since peak Anderson Silva.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'm very excited for everything from O'Malley's fight onwards. let's go Yoel and Joanna Re-Champion and Magny

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Hello all I hope there's some good, clean, entertaining fights today.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ratios and Tendency posted:

clean, ...fights today.
No from gay Jesus :(

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Man, ticket prices are crashing HARD for this event. Tempted to snag a couple just because.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Israel gonna knock out Yoel in the 2nd round and Joanna gonna win by decision.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

"I'm a big fan of Mongolia - I've read a lot about Genghis Khan" is the most Joe Rogan-est thing I think he's ever said

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lmao both these men keep falling over this is already great

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

holy poo poo I'm surprised he even woke back up

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Dammn sick KO

Alex Murphy
Sep 3, 2011

1: SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST
2: PROTECT THE INNOCENT
3: UPHOLD THE LAW
Rogan going off about Genghis Khan and a sweet KO two minutes into the first fight. As good a start as you could hope for the night.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Joanna champion heel turn happened so fast...

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Mongolian sounds so cool.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Mongolian sounds so cool.

That dude isn't even from the big city in Mongolia, he's from a tiny town on the east edge near China, but like way further east than Inner Mongolia (The Mongolian part of China The part of Mongolia that China won't give back)

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.9055412,115.3738023,3244m/data=!3m1!1e3

Somehow there's streetview available, imagine growing up there.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Weili Zhang has come off really well on the Embedded series. I am rooting for her.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

Joanna champion heel turn happened so fast...

She was kind of always a huge dick, in hindsight.

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Has ESPN+ streaming been repeatedly dropping for anyone else the last couple of events? I've tried using Chromecast and the app on PS4 and it just randomly drops - sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after two. Super annoying, especially since it worked reasonably well for the first ~14 months since ESPN took over UFC rights.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Was...was that a kamehameha?

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Rogan mentioning MVP.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I miss anything worth checking back on?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I miss anything worth checking back on?

Alex Murphy posted:

Rogan going off about Genghis Khan and a sweet KO two minutes into the first fight. As good a start as you could hope for the night.

Also this fight was pretty cool, especially the first round. We're only 2 fights in. Click my links in the OP.

Alex Murphy
Sep 3, 2011

1: SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST
2: PROTECT THE INNOCENT
3: UPHOLD THE LAW
I thought that was pretty clearly 2-1 Emmers, who looked pretty smart and technical in there. Good fight either way though.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
That guy wouldnt shut the gently caress up

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Alex Murphy posted:

I thought that was pretty clearly 2-1 Emmers, who looked pretty smart and technical in there. Good fight either way though.

Yeah I had it that way too, but it was close. Good fight.

Evil Agita posted:

That guy wouldnt shut the gently caress up

Tourism is SUPER important to Georgia, you should visit Georgia, it is great!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Which espn channel are the prelims on? It’s mislabeled on my channel guide and I’m watching college basketball.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

smertrioslol posted:

Which espn channel are the prelims on? It’s mislabeled on my channel guide and I’m watching college basketball.

They said something at the end of the early prelims that some game was running long and they would be on in a few minutes, maybe that's what you're seeing? It should be the primary ESPN channel, though.

I'm not sure if that means they'll cut in live a little late or you're getting a bit of tape delay? Not sure, but Deron Winn is walking out now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Deron winn is cool because he's a mini DC but sucks.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Brut posted:

They said something at the end of the early prelims that some game was running long and they would be on in a few minutes, maybe that's what you're seeing?

I'm not sure if that means they'll cut in live a little late or you're getting a bit of tape delay? Not sure, but Deron Winn is walking out now.

Yea it finally swapped over all good now

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Deron Winn is hilarious to watch fight so I'm rooting for him.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

6'1 vs 5'6 lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brut posted:

Click my links in the OP.

Wow, fuccccccccck Joanna.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Winn's record is 6-1 so I'm bitterly disappointed Meerschaert's record isn't 5-6.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Here's a Deron Winn clip for ya'll while we wait for him to recover from being hit in the nuts.

https://streamable.com/x5uy2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The slow-mo on his balls :gonk:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean how could he not hit that cup.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

"No Nonsense" Keith Peterson would be a fantastic name for an indie pro wrestler who isn't any good and never makes it anywhere

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Wow, fuccccccccck Joanna.

Yeah she's been fighting for queen turd on the top of poo poo mountain for a while now

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i wish winn would be good so that he could be booked in a gauntlet series of increasingly taller and longer men to test his prowess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Fuckin nice