Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Does anyone have like, a proper translation of what Zhang actually said instead of the programming that her translator spouted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Yoel saying he should have trained in track and cross country instead to face Adesanya

He also started salsa dancing to prove his legs are ok after all the low kicks

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
That guy will salsa at the drop of a hat.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
thank you to Zhang and JJ for salvaging my 14 person booking at my pub

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Think Joanna is afraid of Weili's power in the clinch. Just throwing combinations abnd missing.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Please defend, oh god

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
The octagon is an assemblage determined to transform it's participant's bodies. Aliens come out of it. Flows of hornyness diverted by the violence of the octagon.

I havr no idea who won that fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The main event was one of the worst fights I've ever seen.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

beep by grandpa posted:

wish i had gone to bed after the co-main

I did go to bed after the co-main figured I’d come back to this thread to see how the fight was. Israel’s entrance was pretty funny.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

At the post fight presser, Dana said Chan Sung Jung and Brian Ortega got into some kind of scuffle/fight backstage

According to this Ortega slapped Jung's K-Pop friend/translator:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/jay-park-slapped-ucf-fighter-brian-ortega-claims-jay-talking-trash

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

LobsterMobster posted:

Yoel saying he should have trained in track and cross country instead to face Adesanya

He also started salsa dancing to prove his legs are ok after all the low kicks

I mean he can't deny that his leg looks hosed up.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Everything about this story makes T-City sound like an imbecile.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Lol at everyone posting that a world-class athlete should charge into potential instant death because anything less is below their ability to perceive. That fight was plenty exciting if you know anything about martial arts, which based on this thread is maybe five of you.

using my big brain to explain that true martial arts is a contest to see who is the best at recreating dhalsim's idle animation from street fighter 2

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Lol at everyone posting that a world-class athlete should charge into potential instant death because anything less is below their ability to perceive. That fight was plenty exciting if you know anything about martial arts, which based on this thread is maybe five of you.

i fought and won at ammy Friday Night Fights in nyc two weeks ago, the main event last night was a loving snooZer. their behavior was strategically sound. it also made a really boring fight. one guy standing there feinting endlessly because the other guy would rather get hit and counter than bite on a feint means two people standing there waiting. that does not make an interesting 25 minutes to watch

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Cyber Dog posted:

i fought and won at ammy Friday Night Fights in nyc two weeks ago, the main event last night was a loving snooZer. their behavior was strategically sound. it also made a really boring fight. one guy standing there feinting endlessly because the other guy would rather get hit and counter than bite on a feint means two people standing there waiting. that does not make an interesting 25 minutes to watch

Who would you say was more "at fault" for the fight being boring. Israel or Yoel?

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Who would you say was more "at fault" for the fight being boring. Israel or Yoel?

both were trying to be smart and work their A games, so nobody's fault. just styles. neither wanted to go first against the other. i think by the end Israel realized he had to serously commit to some kicks and gtfo as soon as they landed for the feints to start working--which he did. it was just too little too late to make for interesting watching.

e: yoel made it clear from the first minute of the fight: i will let you hit me so i can hit you, but i will not swing first. I wont step in or swing on feints--ill just let a strike hit me, and then follow up. in that sense, Romero set the pace of the fight, but only to diffuse Israel's A game, which is to draw people onto his strikes through very smart feinting.

Cyber Dog fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 8, 2020

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Cyber Dog posted:

both were trying to be smart and work their A games, so nobody's fault. just styles. neither wanted to go first against the other. i think by the end Israel realized he had to serously commit to some kicks and gtfo as soon as they landed for the feints to start working--which he did. it was just too little too late to make for interesting watching.

e: yoel made it clear from the first minute of the fight: i will let you hit me so i can hit you, but i will not swing first. I wont step in or swing on feints--ill just let a strike hit me, and then follow up. in that sense, Romero set the pace of the fight, but only to diffuse Israel's A game, which is to draw people onto his strikes through very smart feinting.

I see. Thank you.

Am I wrong to think that Yoel is more "at fault" due to him knowing that he was down in points and not trying to make something happen during the later rounds?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I would definitely blame Yoel more, he just kinda didn't really do anything other than plod around and wait for the other guy to engage in the pocket which uh, doesn't work when your being outworked at a distance (even if it's just by a couple leg kicks and jabs a round). No effort to close the distance from him.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I see. Thank you.

Am I wrong to think that Yoel is more "at fault" due to him knowing that he was down in points and not trying to make something happen during the later rounds?

Eh he was trying to play a game of chicken. It wasnt entitely clear who was winning, so I get it. He was hoping it was close enough that Israel would try to open up in order to secure a round--but Israel never opened up, and was content to edge the rounds and cross his fingers. It was a risky strategy in terms of winning, but that's chicken.

e: like, if we saw Romero try to push the pace, it would have been worse for him. That's playing Adesanya's game, and Adesanya is REALLY good at it. He was hoping he kept the rounds close enough that Adesanya would play his.

Cyber Dog fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 8, 2020

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

also im just a passionate amateur muay thai guy and only know striking, this is just how i see it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cyber Dog posted:

also im just a passionate amateur muay thai guy and only know striking, this is just how i see it

Nah you're right

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Everything about this story makes T-City sound like an imbecile.

Jay Park is also a huge douche so I'm happy to see him get the poo poo slapped out of him, even if was by one of the dumbest humans to ever set foot in the cage

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Cyber Dog posted:

Congrats on the win mate. & yep your analysis is sound imo

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

https://twitter.com/Coachsunz/status/1236566512686620672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Hollandia posted:

Congrats on the win mate. & yep your analysis is sound imo

ty!