Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also I got PQ to claim. Not Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Your Personal Muse posted:

Pretend I added the Phoenix Wright music to what lumpen is doing

Lmao

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Pussy Quipped posted:

Phoneposting to just say: Lumpen your message was undoubtedly sent to scum as part of the telephone chain. They have an interceptor. They can target merk with the interceptor, knowing via your telephone message that there is a good chance the cop is giving merk results. Scum now have the results, and merk is empty-handed.

Ill be on in like an hour-ish when im home from work to catch up and respond to people.

Wrong, it would never get passed to merk or B- (or hambeet who is below me, but I told him about it), and they are the last informed minority. That’s why the plan would work.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

Also I got PQ to claim. Not Miller.

So what? The Miller investigates as Town. Those adjacent to the Miller appear guilty.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

Anyway, last night b- targeted me and I received results that my neighbor appears to be scum. That would be PQ.
Uhhhh, the Cop was encouraged to send results to you on B-. But you lied and said you didn’t get results. And then for some reason you don’t suspect b- when it is revealed to you that the whole Town cooperated to deliver you results on b-....

PQ did you get the chain letter? If so then it went all the way to every potential Cop except merk and b-.

And I done told y’all that they were going to do a fakeclaim for b-!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Uhhhh, the Cop was encouraged to send results to you on B-. But you lied and said you didn’t get results. And then for some reason you don’t suspect b- when it is revealed to you that the whole Town cooperated to deliver you results on b-....

PQ did you get the chain letter? If so then it went all the way to every potential Cop except merk and b-.

I claimed results to b- immediately. He will confirm.

If there’s no counter Cop claim, lynch me or PQ. I’m fine if it’s me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

So what? The Miller investigates as Town. Those adjacent to the Miller appear guilty.

Oh, I’m not Miller.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Look. B- claimed his role to me d1. Claimed who he tried to target n1 (Sandwolf) and now targeted me. I believe him.

Believe me or not. I don’t care. Vote out PQ when I flip town and no counterclaim comes for B-

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No matter what happens here, we at worst go 1/2 finding scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

B- hey bud you sure hav been insistent on wanting me to claim my role in mason chat.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

Look. B- claimed his role to me d1. Claimed who he tried to target n1 (Sandwolf) and now targeted me. I believe him.

Believe me or not. I don’t care. Vote out PQ when I flip town and no counterclaim comes for B-
You specifically said he did NOT claim his role to you, just his other Mason.

I asked in order to catch you in a lie. You lied.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

You specifically said he did NOT claim his role to you, just his other Mason.

I asked in order to catch you in a lie. You lied.

I die lie to you, yes. You now see the chat history. You now hopefully know why I lied.

Again, if no other Cop claims, lynch me today if you feel like I'm scum. Lynch PQ when I flip town. If another Cop claims, lynch b- or that other person. Either way, we get 1/2 on scum in the worst case.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
What do we do to liars, gang?

There was absolutely zero reason for you to lie. You could have said “I got a Cop result. Guilty. I don’t know which way but I have good reason to believe it’s PQ.” But you didn’t.

Now we know why you were FORCED to come up with a faaake rear end case on PQ right away today, because of those results we stuck you with!

And then you went and said they could have gone to Grandi or get Intercepted. Bah ha ha ha. You got served.

Busted. By. The. Lumpster.
:lumpen:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

This only works if you're right about b- and merk being the last two scum. Otherwise, scum get the note and can react accordingly.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

spacing in vienna posted:

This only works if you're right about b- and merk being the last two scum. Otherwise, scum get the note and can react accordingly.
Yes, obviously. True. And?
Follow that train of logic further.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

There was absolutely zero reason for you to lie. You could have said “I got a Cop result. Guilty. I don’t know which way but I have good reason to believe it’s PQ.” But you didn’t.

Now we know why you were FORCED to come up with a faaake rear end case on PQ right away today, because of those results we stuck you with!

And then you went and said they could have gone to Grandi or get Intercepted. Bah ha ha ha. You got served.

What is this crap?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Do you disagree with my suggested path forward?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Merk what the hell man he just confronted you with irrefutable evidence, and according to my sources, you are supposed to break down and confess now

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Ok spoilsport, where is your vote? Where is your case? All you have done is vote Quid, tsk tsk tsk me, make a bad case and vote on ETR, defend Leith, walk back your own ETR case, and cast doubt on the idea that Leith’s List (on which you were #3 most trusted) might bust the minority...

You’ve taken a very backhanded approach throughout the game. Lots of implications and trial balloons that could be easily backed off from, and very few hard stances. You haven’t cast a single vote on anyone all game who wasn’t Town. You only attempted a case on ETR when Leith was going down...

So yeah SiV, how about you show me how to play the game. Make a case, cast a vote. Who here is not Town, SiV? Pick one.

- "Spoilsport" because I want to actually play mafia
- my case on ETR was fine. It wasn't world-shattering, but it was a solid case. I openly disavowed it when I realized I had to be wrong.
- I didn't "cast doubt" on Leith's list being useful. I stated that I didn't think Leith would be dumb enough to group the entire scum crew together.
- You don't even think I'm scum. You're just cranky that I'm not letting you gloat and keep interrupting your latest round of Lumpen Breaks the Game.

All game you've been making assumptions and working backwards from them. There are five or six things that could have broken the message chain overnight. And I know of at least one assumption you made today that's wrong.

I'm not voting until we have more info out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, if b- is cop, he couldn’t follow your message because why would he investigate himself?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

Do you disagree with my suggested path forward?
Ok if you flip Town then b- would be cleared, PQ would be guilty or else adjacent to the Miller, and I am humiliated. Because that would mean that Content Game slip didn’t happen and LeithList also failed...

Can it be?

I don’t think so but ok let’s see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’ve played a bad game here. At least I helped find one scum in a roundabout way.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey guys I just flew back home and I will be busy until a bit later tonight but I just wanted to say I am not the cop so no counterclaim from me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Jfc lumpen merk is almost certainly town. We aren’t lunching him today

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

Smh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Going with my gut ##vote pq

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Lumpen lied about his content game doing anything so we should lunch him

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

b-minus1 posted:

Going with my gut ##vote pq

Gut? You mean the cop claim? With the guy you copped?

???

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

B- why are you, as the cop, so eager to tell your mason buddies?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

???

Ha. Nice.

Really enjoying today's posts. I really hope the Lumpster is right.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

One thing that's confusing me.
Is there a separate scum chat or is it only masonries?

If there is no scum chat, I don't think b- and merk are scumbuds. If there is a scum chat, then it's possible they planned the conversation from the beginning. Their posted conversation reads like they have no idea who each other are.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is this a trap sprung sorta dealio?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Is this a trap sprung sorta dealio?

Which part?

I'm pretty tired from the flight and time change and stuff so I will probably have better thoughts tomorrow. I really can't see merk doing that to b- on D1 as some sort of crazy bus so I do not believe there is any way they are both scum. So yeah one of merk or pq is scum or I guess pq could be miller adjacent but you'd think the miller would claim that if it was the case. Unless I missed a miller claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eat The Rich posted:

One thing that's confusing me.
Is there a separate scum chat or is it only masonries?

If there is no scum chat, I don't think b- and merk are scumbuds. If there is a scum chat, then it's possible they planned the conversation from the beginning. Their posted conversation reads like they have no idea who each other are.

There is probably a chat. I have only very very rarely been in games where the minority couldn't chat

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Which part?

I'm pretty tired from the flight and time change and stuff so I will probably have better thoughts tomorrow. I really can't see merk doing that to b- on D1 as some sort of crazy bus so I do not believe there is any way they are both scum. So yeah one of merk or pq is scum or I guess pq could be miller adjacent but you'd think the miller would claim that if it was the case. Unless I missed a miller claim

(I had not actually read Miller before Lumpen's post) If PQ was Miller adjacent, the Miller should've claimed by now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

???

Me lying is an option.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Pussy Quipped posted:

Ill be on in like an hour-ish when im home from work to catch up and respond to people.
This was five and a half hours ago.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need to sleep before I vote on this. PQ has been a virtual non-entity to me this game, not in a mean way just that I never have gotten much from them along with ETR and SiV to a lesser extent. merk has been playing a bad game and I have had on and off suspicion of him and he could have given the results out better. I don't know why he'd think he could bait out a fake cop claim there. I am not sure I see merk making a fake claim here as scum at this point in the game,, my gut feel is that's not something he'd do. I'll figure it all out in the morning though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

(I had not actually read Miller before Lumpen's post) If PQ was Miller adjacent, the Miller should've claimed by now.

Yeah that's what I think too, every one has checked in now right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

Me lying is an option.

So you are suggesting b- knows you are lying and is going after pq? Am I missing something very basic?