Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Welp, see you all at *checks notes* Wrestlemania? That can't be right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

No eyebrows, No future

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Miching Mallecho posted:

I don’t understand why they didn’t just gimmick the pods and have Shayna break through them to destroy the ladies. It would’ve made the pacing quicker and end it faster.

Or they could have had Shayna demand the ref open the pods because why not?

Or they could have had Shayne enter AFTER Liv so they followed up on that storyline and then it’s only a small delay after Shayne eliminates everyone and while Asuka freaks out.

But WWE has one real good skill and it’s intentionally antagonizing it’s audience.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Haven’t they main evented 3 of the past 4 non Saudi PPVs?

that's not good enough, clearly.

I think I'm one of the only ladies that posts in here and I don't care if they main evented tonight or not

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

This is the worst PPV I've ever watched

Sami winning the IC title while being a hilarious shithead means it's not the worst IMO but drat that main event sucked a Shayna Baszler sized pile of poo poo

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
How is that Shayna's finisher, jesus christ.

It's because MMA MMA MMA MMA going off in Vince's head right?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The mania match is going to be worst than this. Becky can't carry a match and who the gently caress logically wins now that Baszler is basically Brock but without the ability?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Hirez posted:

How is that Shayna's finisher, jesus christ.

It's because MMA MMA MMA MMA going off in Vince's head right?

This is all Heyman. 100%. He's a MASSIVE superfan of the MMA 4HW.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Match would have been better if the entire time Shayna was in the chamber she was singing "I am Shayna Baszler, I am Shayna Baszler" to the rhythm of "I am evil Homer, I am evil Homer"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'd much rather they had a Universe title chamber match with Roman than that Women's title one. They could have done a Shayna vs Becky match and had like Shayna get DQ'd for choking Becky out when she went for the ropes or something lmao

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Remember when they changed their minds on Shayna winning the Royal Rumble at the last second, even though Becky/Shayna was their plan, and then they had Charlotte win so she could go down to challenge for the developmental Title for some reason and then they basically started the Becky/Shayna feud by having Shayna BITE her and then they booked this predictable Elimination Chamber match and did it like this? Oh, and also they built up a Riott Squad feud as some sort of secondary angle within the Chamber, even though they did absolutely NOTHING with it.? Oh, and also they canceled another men's Elimination Chamber match because the outcome was predictable and instead replaced THAT with Roman saying "give me the Title shot" and he just got it?

lol Not only are all of WWE's booking decisions so stunningly incompetent, they're incompetent in ways that somehow perfectly complement and highlight how incompetent their other decisions are. It's almost beautiful in its craptacularity.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shayna's always had the sleeper hold/kirafuda clutch as her finisher but she used to have a better or cooler set up like a faux suplex

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Shayna is suddenly extremely fascinating to me, I wish I watched NXT so I could understand this whole thing more

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

bryan/gulak and samuel zayn winning his first main roster title after over 4 years put it slightly above a 0. andrade/humberto was pretty good too.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
There weren't even any good spots in that match, other than Liv getting murdered

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I don't know how you could look at that women's Chamber lineup and expect anything other than Shayna Slaughter Time. It would've been nice if Asuka had gotten more in but otherwise that was exactly how it should've gone. Liv Morgan is not supposed to be a challenge for Shayna.

Right story to tell, but it looked pretty bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Remember when they changed their minds on Shayna winning the Royal Rumble at the last second,

It makes me wonder if the plan was to do this same basic thing at the Rumble and someone realized that doing the same story with Brock and Shayna in both Rumbles would be a disaster.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I wouldn't even call Roman winning a chamber as obvious compared to this one where they had a feud already set up. They could have had Fiend in the Chamber and have everyone target him or something and go through all the pods or trown off the pods. It would have been better than already feuding Shayna sleep walking her way through eliminating everyone else one by one.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

skaboomizzy posted:

I don't know how you could look at that women's Chamber lineup and expect anything other than Shayna Slaughter Time. It would've been nice if Asuka had gotten more in but otherwise that was exactly how it should've gone. Liv Morgan is not supposed to be a challenge for Shayna.

Right story to tell, but it looked pretty bad.

Problem is it makes everyone in the division except for Shayna and Becky look absolutely terrible. Especially for someone like Shayna who isn't going to put butts into seats. Her style kills audiences or she gets go-away heat.

Someone on Facebook that I know is pretty much saying she's the women's version of Baron Corbin, and I can't really argue with that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The whole division is terrible. Raw has been the Becky/Asuka/Charlotte show for months. They are not burying talent that are already buried

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I don't even think Shayna tearing through the other four women in the match outside of Asuka is even bad booking. Frankly, there's even a nugget of GOOD booking if you want her to look like a monster. It was just done in such a stupid way. Why was it the main event of an already lazily booked show? Why did they leave so much downtime in the middle part of the match?

If they would have booked this earlier in the show and actually done a main event caliber men's Chamber, it would immediately alleviate half of the problems. It's not like that stupid Tag Chamber even needed to happen.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Like Darkstar said, Kairi lasted a lot longer in a singles match than anyone in the chamber including Asuka. Asuka spent the whole match yelling and screaming and I think Shayna vs Asuka lasted like 5 minutes at most

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

This is all Heyman. 100%. He's a MASSIVE superfan of the MMA 4HW.

Yet it's a way more effective hold than most pro wrestling submissions :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

I'm going to use this time to plug the Vivaldi browser because it has the built in option to do this.

Fake edit: The last week I've used it, it hasn't slowed down or crashed despite having a full PiP overlayed in my browser.

Hey, thanks! I'm trying this out because Chrome always seems to heat up my laptop so bad especially when Im streaming something (and especially when I'm streaming that to a screen) and I like this so far.

Night not wasted.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

STAC Goat posted:

Hey, thanks! I'm trying this out because Chrome always seems to heat up my laptop so bad especially when Im streaming something (and especially when I'm streaming that to a screen) and I like this so far.

Night not wasted.
The only thing not up to snuff from other browsers so far is that Adblockers don't get rid inlayed advertisements like YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, etc even with the AdBlock Plus addon, but I'm sure that's something you can fine tune.

I've got a 3 year old Gaming laptop which has always had more than enough resources for an internet browser but Chrome and Firefox have so many memory leaks I have to close them out every two or so hours.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm trying to figure out the ad block thing now. Adblock doesn't list it as a download option but imagine its some rewrite of one of the other options or something?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I'm trying to figure out the ad block thing now. Adblock doesn't list it as a download option but imagine its some rewrite of one of the other options or something?
https://adblockplus.org

Just let it auto-install the chrome app

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's cool if Chrome apps work on it. I don't use a lot but there's a couple I'd like to keep on.

Thank you again. The overheating thing was genuinely getting to be an issue so hopefully this helps.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

That's cool if Chrome apps work on it. I don't use a lot but there's a couple I'd like to keep on.

Thank you again. The overheating thing was genuinely getting to be an issue so hopefully this helps.
I can run a couple tabs + the HD video overlay and it still takes up under 6% of my processor compared to using Chrome or Firefox which would eat up almost all of it. It's still missing a lot of general functionality of older browsers but once you learn how to start stacking tabs you're never going to want to go back

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

RealFoxy posted:

Like Darkstar said, Kairi lasted a lot longer in a singles match than anyone in the chamber including Asuka. Asuka spent the whole match yelling and screaming and I think Shayna vs Asuka lasted like 5 minutes at most

though we all know people are kayfabe stronger in singles matches than in multiperson gimmick elimination matches

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RealFoxy posted:

The only thing not up to snuff from other browsers so far is that Adblockers don't get rid inlayed advertisements like YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, etc even with the AdBlock Plus addon, but I'm sure that's something you can fine tune.

I've got a 3 year old Gaming laptop which has always had more than enough resources for an internet browser but Chrome and Firefox have so many memory leaks I have to close them out every two or so hours.

Have you tried Ublock Origin with it? That usually catches everything that other blockers don't, including Twitch ads (which nothing else seems to stop these days)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Not a great sign with how green Shayna looked, which is also weird since she was generally solid in NXT. Becky is going to have a tough job.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rick posted:

Not a great sign with how green Shayna looked, which is also weird since she was generally solid in NXT. Becky is going to have a tough job.

They managed to smoke and mirror a lot of Shayna's matches in NXT with lovely interference spots or them going under 12 minutes for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good, that's what they should do, that's a good thing. They should be doing that on the main roster too!