Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I want to have fun online

Brave and intriguing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Honky Dong Country posted:

I always mouse draw because I don't have a tablet and am also lazy and uncaring. Those look pretty good imo tho. I like using thicker lines for mouse drawin' personally.

tyvm. I wish I could wrap my head around computer specific facets of digital illustration like line thickness and dpi level or that sort of thing but alas my dumb brain never wants to absorb any of it for very long ):

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

redm posted:

tyvm. I wish I could wrap my head around computer specific facets of digital illustration like line thickness and dpi level or that sort of thing but alas my dumb brain never wants to absorb any of it for very long ):

My man I'm just using mspaint and selecting a thicker line with the pencil thing lol. I know precisely dick about this stuff, really. Just judging from those two you did I bet with yer tablet the stuff you'd make would look amazing. You've certainly got a better eye for detail than me.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Rofl

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
People can criticize me for not keeping up with the internet and keeping everything the same, but honestly I loving hate the internet now. Social media has completely destroyed people, everybody's always angry about something and it's not fun. I'm old school internet and will always be old school because the current poo poo sucks and I just unload absolute garbage into facebook. I love the drawings, you guys rock!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

yeah this is more or less what I try to do by eye

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

a scanner dorkly

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lowtax posted:

People can criticize me for not keeping up with the internet and keeping everything the same, but honestly I loving hate the internet now. Social media has completely destroyed people, everybody's always angry about something and it's not fun. I'm old school internet and will always be old school because the current poo poo sucks and I just unload absolute garbage into facebook.

This forum is like the 1964 Rambler I had as my first car. Legally the back seat didn't need seatbelts because it was grandfathered in when the law was made. The front seat went all the way back to make a bed, but I am a late bloomer and didn't have sex when I had it in high school. I loved the car because it was old. Eventually the water pump went on it and I couldn't find one, which I assume is whats going to happen to this website too one day

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Honky Dong Country posted:

My man I'm just using mspaint and selecting a thicker line with the pencil thing lol. I know precisely dick about this stuff, really. Just judging from those two you did I bet with yer tablet the stuff you'd make would look amazing. You've certainly got a better eye for detail than me.

I used paint.net

I don't think I could find MSpaint on this laptop if I tried :confuoot:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:lmao:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

sweet thursday posted:

This forum is like the 1964 Rambler I had as my first car. Legally the back seat didn't need seatbelts because it was grandfathered in when the law was made. The front seat went all the way back to make a bed, but I am a late bloomer and didn't have sex when I had it in high school. I loved the car because it was old. Eventually the water pump went on it and I couldn't find one, which I assume is whats going to happen to this website too one day

No.

Lowtax will ascend and become a cyborg, and this site will go on forever.

And on my deathbed I will post a banme as it is written in the books.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

zer0spunk posted:

No.

Lowtax will ascend and become a cyborg, and this site will go on forever.

And on my deathbed I will post a banme as it is written in the books.

FOR THE EMPEROR

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nice

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I don't actually know what Bloomberg looks like so I based it off the drawings here..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Oh cool Lowtax is trying to antagonize billionaires again.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lowtax I hate to say it but if you wanna win big in this economy you gotta cash in on what’s hot:
1. Loot crates
2. Gatcha games

Now I would suggest that for every post you make you generate 1 loot point. When you get one hundred you get a loot crate which you can only open by paying for a loot key. This will let you open the loot crate and reap the hefty rewards inside (80% chance of red text on yourself calling you an idiot, 10% of self forums cancer on post, 5% of hellbanning and 5% chance of free avatar but ONLY from a pre defined list of avatars which you have to unlock.)
Now! This is where the money rolls in, since to get more avatars in your av roster you gotta buy the other type of loot crate, and the keys from that you get randomly by submitting to photoshop threads. The system works baby And the money and quality work photoshop content roll in.

Anyway, make me Idiot king of every forum and give me a 25% cut of all the takings and the ideas yours!!!

(Please don’t actually do this)

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

dont worry biches doctor "draw"gballs is on the loving case

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
God, to be a fly on the wall for the conversation with the wife about Lowtax free market article

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

sweet thursday posted:

My first car was a 1981 Mini and it had no power brakes, power steering, a lovely aftermarket tape deck, 39hp, and was by far the funnest car I've ever driven, including "fun to drive" cars AI nerds all backslap each other about.

I seriously believe forums are like that Mini - they are funner for what they lack and most of the "improvements" forced into everything since then have had significant drawbacks. E.g. cars aren't 10 feet long anymore and are harder to park and jeff bezos knows all about the five pound bag of sugar free gummy bears you tried to give your friends diarrhea with and also knows how often, and where, you piss in Whole Foods locations through a monthly-subscription priority pissing app, I am not making that up.

I'd go so far as to suggest that there may be a trickle back as people eventually decide, as I have, that other forms of social media aren't worth the tradeoff - invasion of privacy, marketization of identity, etc.

sorry lowtax here's bloomberg

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Lowtax posted:

I want GBS to be more fun again, everybody on the internet is so mad about everything all the time everywhere, I want to make jokes and poo poo

A good idea

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Maybe we can have one day a week where being angry or mad about something gets you a ban.

Announce it in advance to keep it fair.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
thank you all for making my fool rear end dream a reality

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Lowtax posted:

this site uses cookies

What kind? Ya got any peanut butter cookies?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Huh weird

Way way back I read up on art posted online. I saw that Reddit owns it boom, and Imgur's fine print said they did too.

But SA DID NOT do that, it wasn't posted anywhere. I even pmed with some guys that made it big with some Shakespearean thing and they said SA was cool that way, you still retained ownership of art you posted on the forums.

Very interesting :thunk:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

thank you all for making my fool rear end dream a reality

Phiz get pms

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I am good at art and bad at jokes. Hire me now.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Lowtax posted:

People can criticize me for not keeping up with the internet and keeping everything the same, but honestly I loving hate the internet now. Social media has completely destroyed people, everybody's always angry about something and it's not fun. I'm old school internet and will always be old school because the current poo poo sucks and I just unload absolute garbage into facebook. I love the drawings, you guys rock!

This is why I've always been addicted to this site, and that's because of how you built and maintained it. You post a lot of funny stuff on facebook and it's unfortunate you can't post on twitter or here without some angry weirdos coming at you. Maybe you're oversensitive to that kind of thing but you're not imagining it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

check me on discord

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 10, 2020

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

FOR THE EMPEROR

It is the 21st Millennium. For more than a few years Lowtax has sat immobile on the Ceramic Throne of Somethingawful. He is the master of manchildren by the will of the people giving him tenbucks and master of (you could argue) , maybe a few thousand people by the might of his inexhaustible goons. He is a middle aging man writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of comedy. He is the crippled Lord of the biggish Somethingawful forum for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that comedy may never truly die.Yet even in his crippled state, Lowtax continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty goon brigades cross the chud-infested miasma of the net, the only route between distant sites, their way lit by the.. Stairs? , the regretted catchphrase of the Lowtaxs will. Dozens of goons give shitpost in His name on a couple of forums. Some non embarrassing goons amongst are the Great unwashed.. the GBS auperstars , bio-degraded keyboard-warriors. Their comrades in arms that are (more like were) legion: the rest of the forums and countable on one hand.. the sub forums, the ever-viglant mods and the poo poo-posters of the crew forums to name only a few. But for all their multitudes? , they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to comedy from drama bombs, serious business, chuds -- and far, far worse. To be a goon in such times is to be one amongst a.... few dozen? . It is to live in the silliest and most funny forum imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of common sense and reason, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of fun and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only the shitposting. There is no peace amongst the web, only an eternity of pointless drama and flamewars, and the laughter of thirsting bots."

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 10, 2020

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lowtax posted:

I want GBS to be more fun again, everybody on the internet is so mad about everything all the time everywhere, I want to make jokes and poo poo

Yes. This is what most goons want too.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I like that article. Thanks!

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
COME PLAY CYBBERTRUCK, M'LORD

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Brock Samsonite posted:

I like that article. Thanks!

:) happy 2 assist

French Canadian posted:

COME PLAY CYBBERTRUCK, M'LORD

ggood post

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I'm going to change the currency to AwbulBuxx and have some weird currency rate so you have no idea what anything actually costs.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I hope everybody is at work now

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I hope everybody is at work now
That pic has a ring to it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

here's a nice adblock rule for that notification thing:

forums.somethingawful.com##cloudflare-app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Hey Rich, hope all is well. Just wanted to see if there is any place to buy SA shirts/hats/onesies? Did I miss the boat on that?