Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i work in the realm of real estate financing

hoo boy tomorrow will be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Goons like to play Chicken Little like they do with every nonissue but in the end, things keep chugging along. The market's been overdue for a correction for years, and this is probably it. Big whoop.

i think it might also have something to do with the global pandemic currently poised to *checks notes* ravage the earth

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tbh, I hope poo poo does fall apart. Right now I hate my life and I'm in a mood to watch the world burn. Sorry if you had hopes or dreams or some poo poo, owned.

Somehow I expect this to be underwhelming though. I guess we'll see.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The Manhunt plastic bag executions but instead of being done on deranged prisoners and street hooligans they're done on GDP and stock market graphs

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Chomp8645 posted:

Tbh, I hope poo poo does fall apart. Right now I hate my life and I'm in a mood to watch the world burn. Sorry if you had hopes or dreams or some poo poo, owned.

You need medicine for your brain. Bad things are not good just because you are bored or depressed.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Chomp8645 posted:

yeah for real dude, get help

hate posting in an irony chamber probably isn't good for you

I hope the crash doesnt happen, that you dont get corona, and maybe next year you luck into a new pair of free jordans or whatever makes you happy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

friendly 2 da void posted:

i think it might also have something to do with the global pandemic currently poised to *checks notes* ravage the earth

I got no opinion on the economy but man has that *checks notes* poo poo gotten insanely old.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

sometimes i see your avatar and its hard to imagine mork as a doomer burnout

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Yeah, Robin Williams was always so cheerfu... oh.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I think I used to embody it's spirit better.

drat, can't even live up to my avatar no more. This is the pits right here boys.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Chomp8645 posted:

I think I used to embody it's spirit better.

drat, can't even live up to my avatar no more. This is the pits right here boys.

whats the matter?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I got no opinion on the economy but man has that *checks notes* poo poo gotten insanely old.

its old hat now

the truly insufferable reddit fuckwits have been making great strides in using periods of ellipses for supposed rhetorical effect and boy oh boy it sucks

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 9, 2020

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Omnicarus posted:

I think this is gonna be bad bro, like worse than Daikatana bad
Oh come on, I'm n- oh, wait

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

aw piss off, the economy's exploding. times like these have a way of making a man reach for tired joke formats.

we hold our old friends close in times of struggle...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

don't panic*. if you can manage it, keep contributing to a 401k/IRA all the way down and all the way back up (which may take years). it feels bad buying into a sinking market but in the long run you'll be glad you did.

*unless you're already retired or going to retire in the next year or two and have a very stock-heavy retirement portfolio, in which case you might be hosed :ohdear:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cant wait to bail out some banks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

its old hat now

the truly insufferable reddit fuckwits have been making great strides in using periods of ellipses for supposed rhetorical effect and boy oh boy it sucks

I've been using those since I learned how to type. I use it for a pause. Did they make it a thing now?

example:

So uh... did reddit gently caress this up for me?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've been using those since I learned how to type. I use it for a pause. Did they make it a thing now?

example:

So uh... did reddit gently caress this up for me?

a million times yes. the people who do this do it to look like theyre typing as they would speak, which is incredibly lame. if they do it more than once in a thread you can smack em back to reality by telling them their keyboard comes with a backspace button and they dont have to affect a stutter over the loving internet.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 9, 2020

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bogus Adventure posted:

Looks like it's a prime time to invest in bitcoin :smug:

bitcoins are down 10% in the past 24 hours so I guess if you want to buy the dip

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

number go up: unsustainable? :monocle:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

bad couple of weeks for those aged 60+

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the sound of the worlds smallest don henley playing the worlds tiniest violin

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a million times yes. the people who do this do it to look like theyre typing as they would speak, which is incredibly lame. if they do it more than once in a thread you can smack em back to reality by telling them their keyboard comes with a backspace button and they dont have to affect a stutter over the loving internet.

Hmm. I think I'm going to continue doing it. They're not taking this from me.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
2020s playin for keeps

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Guys, it looks worse than it actually is. Trust me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah ride the lightning

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Guys, it looks worse than it actually is. Trust me.
Oh thank god

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Ready to die 2020
E I just want to say that I have been sleeping in my car and ringing poo poo up at Walmart with the 1$ bread barcode because I don't have the ability to force myself to conform to this shitheap we call society and also my dad killed himself because of the same and all I inherited was depression. Is it possible that I'm selfish for expecting my failson of a dad to have left me anything at all beyond shame and sadness

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 9, 2020

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Dotcom boom and the gfc were both cases of "this is the big ONE!!!" and like, it's true, but it's also how the economy like...works

you can read investment books from the loving 30's and they open with "markets will always crash" back in a time when loving trains were a profitable enterprise

the people that get destroyed by these things are the people that use the strong economy to leverage the gently caress out of everything.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

don't panic*. if you can manage it, keep contributing to a 401k/IRA all the way down and all the way back up (which may take years). it feels bad buying into a sinking market but in the long run you'll be glad you did.

*unless you're already retired or going to retire in the next year or two and have a very stock-heavy retirement portfolio, in which case you might be hosed :ohdear:

If they were a year from retirement and still had a stock heavy portfolio, then they were too stupid to live anyway.

In all seriousness, I really hope my mom's been paying attention to her portfolios. She's maybe 5-7 years from retirement, depending on what she wants to do about health insurance :smith:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Bananana posted:

Are "brown outs" the killing of non-whites?
Cause i don't think you'll have much trouble convincing 1st world to do that.

Brown outs are why we're raiding for toilet paper.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

abigserve posted:

Dotcom boom and the gfc were both cases of "this is the big ONE!!!" and like, it's true, but it's also how the economy like...works

you can read investment books from the loving 30's and they open with "markets will always crash" back in a time when loving trains were a profitable enterprise

the people that get destroyed by these things are the people that use the strong economy to leverage the gently caress out of everything.

There you go, finally some sense.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ELI PORTER posted:

It's a doggie dog world out here.

what the gently caress

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

friendly 2 da void posted:

Wow yes the pandemic that *checks notes* killed less people than the flu so far. How will mankind manage to survive this plague

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This owns I hope the whole house of cards collapses and there are no survivors :dukedog:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The original coronavirus is alcoholism thanks and god bless

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Market is going to open and instantly halt trading, which is going to be amazing

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

ya gotta diversify ya bonds

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1237008224773189633

Dow down 7%, first breaker tripped within a minute of opening. Welcome to the Turbulent '20s, goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
gently caress