Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'd rather Hinch have a ride than be a full-time booth guy tbh, as good as he is in that role

No poo poo, and aside from his total brainfade at the end of St Pete, he was putting some good work in the 26 car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Given how well the 60 did last year, that seems like both a good place for Helio to end up, and a big benefit to MSR themselves.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He definitely had a concussion that he raced with for a bit, and I recall him having a few Jack Harvey style races where he was running up front for a good chunk of the race without much to show by the end.

Apparently SPAM was extremely unhappy with things said about the team when he went public with his injury, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was ultimately the biggest reason he got cut.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Basticle posted:

That ESPN poo poo (losing your ride because a loving corporation was embarrased by you being naked near their logo) was possibly the dumbest poo poo to happen in motorsports in the last decade.

It's up there but I still have to go with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbeIzxl_CSo&t=6004s

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fun fact, thanks to that masterpiece I get to introduce AI posters to Milk Gimp on a regular basis :getin:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

gently caress, I'm very down for that since it might actually be doable to travel by then.

Also, championship deciding race at a track with a hairpin that often goes clownshoes? gently caress yes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Better (and more appropriate) than PT's Uber dig.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

There's been at least one year where the contract wasn't "official" or "announced" until practice 1 at St. Pete. Wanna say it was for Justin Wilson.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Holy poo poo.

Wonder how much of this is "no leader circle money" and how much of this is "the results that ended with no leader circle money".

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Anyone seen Teo Fabi recently?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

hunnert car pileup posted:

American Sports Cavalcade was a huge part of my childhood.

UP NEXT: SWAMP BUGGIES

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Earliest specific race I could say I remember watching on TV was the '92 500, though I have vivid memories as far back as watching Bobby Rahal in the Kraco car in '89.

Count me in as gladly paying more for Peacock to watch Indycar if it has live races.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Honest question, if they're just treating it as an unlimited class attempt, why not find a pre-IR18 manufacturer aero kit? Those things were loving glued down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Frond posted:

I begin to wonder what if Sato had a decent car in like 2013 instead of wasting 4 years at Foyt.

I mean, his first Indycar win was in a Foyt car, and he pulled off two other seconds and a fair bit of top fives for a bottom-rung team.

I suppose he'd have more wins since he's actually got a four-season winning streak going since he left Foyt. But I suspect the end results of those seasons would be pretty similar to what the last four have been - front of the midpack. Not a terrible place to be. I don't think he would have learned / gained anything he didn't get anyway by just putting in laps in a Foyt car.