Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shiftypenguin posted:

I don't have an article, but iirc he was dissatisfied with how the show was being ran and left the show (broke contract too?). He claimed the BBC then blacklisted him in the industry and kept that chip on his shoulder.

I'm sure someone with a better memory will add/correct this for me.

He always had a contract for only one season, and very early on in filming he had a dispute with director Keith Boak (who never again worked on the series) and informed the producers that he was not going to return for more.

The BBC claimed that he had quit the show (instead of acknowledging the reality that he was only on a one-year deal), and it infuriated him.

He very strongly considered returning for the 50th special, but decided against it after not liking Moffat's pitch. (The funny thing is, at one point, literally Jenna Coleman was the only person under contract to do the special, they hadn't gotten to terms with Smith or Tennant or Hurt yet. Imagine that, a Doctor Who 50th anniversary special without a Doctor.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chokes McGee posted:

I keep thinking "Oh no, I've seen dumber," and then I fail to come up with a counterexample.

Kill the Moon, maybe? Although that's not dumb so much as just insulting.

Yeah, I got nothin'.

Donna's Dance Party was pretty fuckin' dumb.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I see what you did there. ;)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still think that bottom skirt is too tall and it makes them look like bumper cars.

Would have fit right in with Donna's Dance Party.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

It’s something that’s very protected,” he teases. “The people involved are very careful. For them, it’s not money first.

So not Star Trek then.

H2G2 was my first thought, along with maybe Battlestar Galactica.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Christopher Ecclestone is doing Big Finish!!!!

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=christopher-eccleston-big-finish

Never thought I'd see the day!!!

One day people will spell his last name correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Payndz posted:

There was also the rumour that he was cast in a fairly major role in Rise of Skywalker, but then script changes removed him (though he still got paid).

That part wasn't a rumor, he was on official BBFC casting call liststs.