Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Presumably aimed at his son-in-law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

To be fair, it was much the same during McCoy's run, too.

To be even fairer, long scenes of sitting in the TARDIS wasn't really a regular thing until the late Tom/Early Davison era. IIRC, we didn't even see the console room in Tom's first season.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm still waiting on an explanation on how a Doctor gets shot and tossed off a cliff, then comes back without a spectacular fireworks show and a new body.

Well, obviously the Time Lords added the fireworks when they stole the secrets of regeneration. We know they're ostentatious like that, just from their collars alone.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Happy in the knowledge that I'm so far behind on Big Finish, that by the time I catch up to someone else playing the War Doctor, either John Hurt will have been dead for a respectful amount of time, or I will have been.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

OldMemes posted:

Sophie Aldred has done a ton of work in children's TV over the years, and like a lot of the Doctor Who cast, a lot of voice over stuff.

I remember reading that because Anthony Ainley was quite independently wealthy, he did acting in the 80s for fun, rather than needing it for an income. Apparently he'd phone up the Doctor Who production office before the start of each series and ask if they needed him for shooting. If he was told that he was going to be sent a script, he'd do the Master laugh and hang up. Not sure how true that is.

I think truth doesn't matter in this case, that is absolutely what happened now.