Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Chris Chibnall IS Doctor Who's Ian Flynn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Doctor Who's Penders is Moffat.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

actually I take it back, RTD is Flynn, Mad Larry or Cartmell or whoever it was is Penders

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

First the Doctor was a character on TV, then the Doctor was a character on TV. Huge change. :rolleyes:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

So any change made to any character in fiction doesn't matter? Why enjoy art, then?

I could read your post, but as it's fundamentally no different from mine (i.e. they are both text in a database) I can safely assume you agree with me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

(pretty sure Chibnall isn't on Twitter)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I was rereading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy the other day and it struck me just how Doctor Who it was from the word go. The Heart of Gold is basically a TARDIS, the Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic and the Thumb together make a sonic screwdriver, and the scenes in book 3 of Zaphod moping around his infinitely powerful ship with infinite possibilities and nowhere to go read pretty much like how the Doctor might act if they had a few more personality problems.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That would make a lot of sense.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like the Sontaran two parter.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've always held that the later in the cycle it is, the bigger a bang you get.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Change, my dears. And it seems, not a moment too soon.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Season 3 Capaldi was exactly what I would have wanted him to be all along.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfkWiQnfb0Y
Still such a great moment. Nine's season owned.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

dear president Clinton, dross weed-on. send email

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

exceptionally full of delays too

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Narsham posted:

I mean, c'mon, the Grand Moff green-lit the "Moon is a giant egg" story

hey now. that's not entirely fair.

it was a giant egg that gained in mass as it got closer to hatching, like eggs do

don't undersell it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rochallor posted:

Moon is an egg is great and I can only assume that the people who hate it must be watching a very different show

"Moon is an egg" is a fine plot centerpiece, it's every single bit of the execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kill the Moon is about how when eggs are about to hatch, they get really heavy and covered in spiders