Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Christopher Ecclestone is doing Big Finish!!!!

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=christopher-eccleston-big-finish

Never thought I'd see the day!!!

Oh thank goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

I like Jack and Rose as much as the next one, but I'd rather they stretch those thirty seconds forever, even if they need to keep giving Nine amnesia

He's popped off and left Rose for a few minutes here and there, plenty of time for new adventures and companions. Ten did it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Also in Aliens in London when he took the TARDIS to Albion Hospital. He could've had loads of adventures!

Yes! Decades of adventures!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

RTD wasn't as liberal as Moffat with giving BF space to throw stories in, but there's a lot of room between episodes with Jack/Rose/9, and while it was heavily implied 9 had just regenerated in Rose, it's not necessarily so. There's room for a lot there, though it'd probably be solo adventures or one off companions because IIRC he may have said onscreen he hadn't traveled with anyone til he brought Rose on.

They just have to have Nine avoid any and all reflective surfaces until he meets Rose.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

War Games is great, but could honestly lose 2-4 episodes.

WHAT

Who hurt you?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Only Nine's goodbye speech worked. Preparing Rose (and the viewer) for the shock that was about to hit. Really wonderful stuff. Ten's was like, 30 minutes of seeing old friends? Eleven wasn't so bad but imaginary Amy was a bit much. Twelves's goodbye wasn't all that great either.

Best ever was Four.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Two through Five all have good outros. Five's is also good because it's just the Master laughing maniacally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Basically everything is shut on Christmas Day, so people are trapped at home, and viewing numbers are high.

At least in America we have Chinese food.

Or we did.

God Christmas is gonna suck this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

oh god my local restaurant probably had to close again

the best local buffet got shut down for HUMAN GODDAMNED TRAFFICKING and just reopened under new ownership at the start of the pandemic. They closed up again in June, probably for good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

You know, you think you know what the worst reason to have your favorite food place to shut down for is...

Just to show I ain't full of poo poo here

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/human-trafficking-concerns-prompted-teppanyaki-grill-raid/531-02357a9a-7d08-47c7-adc8-1aae2645d5a3

The location here was closed for something like 18 months.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know, it was years ago but it's still a weird vibe going there.

Or it was, I haven't had chinese since January.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I’m definitely convinced there’s only 20 posters on this entire forum.

Well, 20 cool ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I didn’t realise Capaldi was in James Gunn’s upcoming Suicide Squad as The Thinker. :monocle:

I'm so delighted by his presence!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Any list of problems I might have with the show absolutely do not include the name Jodie Whittaker. She's fantastic.

Goddamned right. She's the best. But it's tragic that her era is going to be marred but such lovely stories.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You can say the same for just about every Doctor other than maybe One, Two, Three, and Eight (and only on technicality since he’s only had 1.25 tv episodes!) though.

It’s practically tradition by this point!

Hers has been exceptionally bad though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tomtrek posted:

Yeah I really liked Doctor Ruth and it still shocks me that her version of the TARDIS is better in literally every way than 13's TARDIS.

It's just such a good modernisation of the original 1963 console room. I don't get why when the art department can create something that nice and minimalist we have to be stuck with the terrible fake looking crystals.

This is so good. I know they likely had no budget so they just redressed the set pieces they had on hand but id like to see it with an updated console as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just love the stark white. But I'm sure they cam spin the Ikea controls to various colors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tomtrek posted:

Yeah I really liked Doctor Ruth and it still shocks me that her version of the TARDIS is better in literally every way than 13's TARDIS.

It's just such a good modernisation of the original 1963 console room. I don't get why when the art department can create something that nice and minimalist we have to be stuck with the terrible fake looking crystals.

drat it. The console is not aligned with the floor hexagon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cleretic posted:

So, does Capaldi have the largest gap in quality between best and worst episodes of any Doctor? Because it feels like he does, with some actively offensive episodes and then Heaven Sent on thebother side.

Someone is going to mention the Twin Dilemma and Vengeance on Varos and I will be forced to throw hands.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't it first named in the Deadly Assassin?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish the TARDIS had stayed that size for all of Twelve's run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That person appears to be 4 feet tall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My name is now VoV because VENGEANCE ON VAROS is the greatest story ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh yeah, Newt is definitely very Doctor adjacent. At times it felt like he was deliberately aping 11.

Weird looking dude, waves a stick around and lives in a bag that's bigger on the inside?

Yeah JKR NEVER watched Doctor Who I'm sure of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They clearly flipped the list upside down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

That would be a great pull. Have the episode follow her for half an episode without giving the game away, and then have her run into the Doctor and co.

Wasn't the rumored plot of her first season that she was split into four pieces that would meet at somepoint, each with their own companion?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edward Mass posted:

How would that even work? Would, like, her left arm and part of her torso and head be one of the four pieces?

That would be the best possible version. But from what I remember she was going to be split into "temporal fragments" or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Give C.Baker a wig and a girdle

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McGann posted:

No lie, I do think he could still pull off a very near to the Time War 8th Doctor, grizzled and nearing regeneration time. Plus who cares, timey wimey etc.

It'll all snap back

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bicyclops posted:

gently caress all of that: give me an actually good, big budget Doctor Who video game.

Lego Doctor Who please.

And also the animated Sixth Doctor Adventures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narsham posted:

End of the next season is the Doctor waking up to discover that she's been in the Matrix all this time.

Since The Deadly Assassin.

I will accept this scenario but only if it's Trial of a Timelord.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She needs a fez.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They recast Chesterfield too?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's nice to know he's a good person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nyssa spends part of Logopolis thinking the Master is Tremas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Payndz posted:

Well, there is the utterly gratuitous "let's indulge Jon and his love of vehicles!" episode-long car chase that amounts to nothing...

How dare you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Planet of the Spiders is, as far as I remember, the first Pertwee story i ever saw and it still stands as my favorite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

Three is a consistently underrated era because I don't think he's anyone's favorite Doctor, but he has some of the best stories in the entire program

When I am watching a Pertwee episode he is my favorite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Same but for all the Doctors on whatever episode I happen to be watching v:shobon:v

I mean, Fear Her...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't Inspector Spacetime also on a lovely Sarah Silverman show on Comedy Central?