Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Teek posted:

This is annoying but nice. I bought the original release, unfortunately it had a couple of animation errors with character costumes. The pipeline for completing this and releasing it was a mess. It aired it on BBC America a few weeks after release, and that version was different still from the home media release, with some of the problems corrected.

If it were 4k I'd be a bit more understanding.

I've been meaning to rewatch this one. I have the DVD, but the last time is saw it was for the Fathom theatrical release. Maybe now I'll just wait for the rerelease and start watching all those Who Blu-rays I recently snagged for cheap ($20 for S7 of Four and $35 for S3 of Seven) instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

CommonShore posted:

I'm TOTALLY doing Space Museum next. Someone pick a Troughton story for me after that. I'd prefer one that's still mostly extant - not in the mood for a reconstruction/audio.

Enemy of the World is awesome because Troughton plays the bad guy as well.

Other personal faves:

Tomb of the Cybermen
The Mind Robber
(Not Troughton era but) The Two Doctors

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

You all are the mindwiped doctor at different points in their timeline.

Sorry to break it to you.

"Planet of the Doctors"

EVERYONE is the Doctor!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Toshimo posted:

I've always heard rumors, but is there any article or anything that does a good job explaining Eccleston's exit and why he didn't come back for the anniversary special?

I don't have an article, but iirc he was dissatisfied with how the show was being ran and left the show (broke contract too?). He claimed the BBC then blacklisted him in the industry and kept that chip on his shoulder.

I'm sure someone with a better memory will add/correct this for me.