Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

UK time today, BF is announcing something at 3:50pm. Or to put it another way, 10 to 4.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tom-baker-and-david-tennant-are-out-of-time

Doctor Who: Out of Time, starring Tom Baker and David Tennant!

First in a trilogy pairing different Doctors.

Shut up and take my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

And of course, there's the famous Tom story of meeting with Nick Briggs and David Richardson to talk about ideas for series 1 and 2 of the Fourth Doctor adventures. Tom had a legal pad full of story ideas that he read off of, and later, when Tom was out of the room, Nick took a peek at it to make sure he hadn't missed anything. The pad was blank.

Obviously Tom has access to psychic paper.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Also It Takes You Away from Jodie's first season, which is a tremendous episode and the best of her run so far.

That was a great episode but to me Demons of the Punjab is the best episode she's done.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Edward Mass posted:

Changing decades-long canon is like breaking up a tag team in pro wrestling - you can't just do it because you want to. You need to be thinking way down the line, with plans in place that explore what it means that the world you know is different. The Timeless Children ended without articulating the magnitude of the revelation, and then had the Doctor thrown in Shada as a cliffhanger. If you found out your life was a lie, wouldn't you be more contemplative?

I agree with you, but I'm looking at the last 20+ years of WWE's booking of the tag team division and I'm very sad.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
One of my favorite parts of Day of the Doctor is how the War Doctor sort of embodies and original series fan who is not entirely comfortable with NuWho. For instance, when Ten and Elizabeth get married, and they kiss:

War Doctor: Is there a lot of this in the future?
Eleven: It does start to happen, yes.

John Hurt might have only gotten to play the Doctor once (on TV at least), but he made it count.

By the way, I believe this thread has seen the First Question fan video, which rules. Well, it's been updated, so now it has clips from Twelve and Thirteen, and it's still a great little piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uP5aWvcd7I

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

I picture like... Myst series puzzle solving in between some solid stealth mechanics and lots of running and dodging, but no traditional combat. Maybe there's a leveling tree that does things like powers up the sonic to reveal more secrets or helps with hiding, and you can collect things, Arkham style, that talk about the Who rogues gallery. A multi-Doctor story with as many as are willing lending their voices, you're a one-off companion, they list the chapters as episodes with cliffhangers, I don't know, I have lots of ideas, BBC, please consider it.

I'd like a Monkey Island style point-and-click myself. That'd be fun and fits the Doctor well.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Thirteen and Ten team up, in video game form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y20ohRYUKv8

Also, some sort of found footage cell phone game based on Blink, featuring Osgood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyHi5uDUqIo

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Edit: entirely wrong thread! Sorry!

TL fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

Am I having a stroke?

Entirely wrong thread! Sorry!