Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Throne of Bhaal completed! :toot:

I won't lie, fatigue set in pretty quickly, mostly because they made every two-bit mage in the expansion able to stop time and hide behind twenty layers of defenses, so fights with them took forever; there was also one notable fight that took maybe half an hour. But I'm happy!

I will one day return to the Baldur's Gates and play through them properly, but for now, at least I can say that, yes, I've finally slain my white whale

:toot:

I was getting nervous for you there for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Jay Rushed

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am pretty happy that I have not had to hand out any bans so far.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It is done. On to Toussaint...

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Welp, I've officially failed my challenge and will gladly contribute to the spine fund when someone gets around to banning me

On a better note, my Switch is now functioning again thanks to my very handy friend intervening in my time of need, so I still intend to finish the challenge on it's original terms (due date aside) and will update when I get to that point.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Dark Souls is going the smoothest it ever has despite me somehow having never played the bottom layer of Undead Burg or the Depths before. On to Blighttown!

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Blah, Watch_Dogs 1 DLC in the bag. The story was better than the main game. The addition of the RC Car was pure brilliance and made doing missions a lot more fun. Way too many goddamn side missions for a a DLC this size.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Update on my Darn Souls Todd: thanks to some jolly cooperation, Ornstein and Smough are dead.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:toxx:

I will finish Pillars of Eternity 2 before... October 31st 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Add Pillars 1 to the toxx :getin:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Get in there Jay Rust.

I ended up just straight up finishing Divinity OS 2 instead of toxxing for it and now I need to toxx something new and I'm not sure what now.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Jay Rust, I'm impressed to your games playing ability.

---

I would like to update my current Toxx to:
code:
 Completing Atelier Ayesha by the end of August 
I would also like to add a new one which is:
code:
 Complete Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VI, and Final Fantasy Tactics by the end of 2020
I'm 20 hours into Final Fantasy X, and loving every minute of it! The true risk is how much Final Fantasy XIV I'm playing.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I think this is do-able and is a quick turnaround:

:toxx: I will finish FF7R (I’m in chapter 13, I think) and RE2 Remake (not started) by 6/30.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Definitely doable and should be a :krad: time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I beat Sekiro, very unsatisfyingly. Turns out waiting a year between plays didn't somehow season me into an expert upon my return. First several fights I just died because didn't remember the basic controls, like attack or parry lol. I wound up defeating Isshin in the dumbest way, chugged all my potions, used all my little gizmos juice and mostly just ran the hell around trying to dodge stuff because I couldn't remember any of the special tricks to deal with the special "red symbol" attacks. There were a couple you could do a mario-jump on his head and I think I accidentally reversed one by mashing buttons frantically, but it felt like just a battle of attrition.

Last time I played I played much, much better than this... but I also kept losing so go figure. Never got the hand of the lightning attack reflect, even at launch, and I think I only beat him this time because I got very lucky and he only did the unavoidable lightning thing twice and I managed to survive them both.

It had also been so long that even though I got the best ending, I don't remember my motivations or anything so the tiny cutscene was a little ??? for me.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Haven't been in the mood for too much gaming, also PSO2 has taken up a lot of game time currently.

I did manage to run though the two story DLCs for the original Dishonored. Had the game for years, but only got the DLC recently. Very good, highly enjoyable. Currently working on Bioshock 1 and remembered how much I hated The Farmer's Market when I originally played years ago. Saved at the beginning of Fort Frolic now, which I remeber enjoying. When I played originally I got to the part where you become a big daddy, but that was when the game came out.

Also slowly playing The 25th Ward, which is extremely good.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 26, 2020

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I have a handful of games I picked up over the last couple of weeks, and had fun with them all, but I'm afraid of them falling by the wayside. Can I have first reply pick the game for me? Let's say whatever it is has to be done by the end of July.

Desperados 3
Gears Tactics
Subnautica
Final Fantasy V
Dark Souls 3 (has been beaten years ago)
Persona 4 Golden
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
TROUBLESHOOTER Abandoned Children
Outward
Outer Wilds
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Steamworld Heist

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Persona 4 Golden

Here you go

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RE2 done. I'm counting doing one playthrough as "beating" the game. Loved every second of it, will probably go back and play Claire at some point soon.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Personally, I feel like Leon + Claire should be what counts as beating it, but I'm no RE2 expert.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Personally, I feel like Leon + Claire should be what counts as beating it, but I'm no RE2 expert.

Saw credits and as far as I'm concerned that counts as beating the game.

Also (chapter 18 is the last chapter):

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hope it's not too late, but please play Outer Wilds, the only perfect videogame.

Not trying to kinkshame P4G but just ask yourself, would you watch a 2 hour slice of life anime set in highschool about several very uninteresting characters, and would you still do that if they forced you to actually watch it the whole time while also requiring you to fiddle with a controller for the privilege? If yes, then maybe you'd enjoy doing that for dozens of more hours plus grinding menu based combat.

There's actually a lot of good games in that list, but P4G is a specific drug and you already know if youve got that blood type

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I have a handful of games I picked up over the last couple of weeks, and had fun with them all, but I'm afraid of them falling by the wayside. Can I have first reply pick the game for me? Let's say whatever it is has to be done by the end of July.

Desperados 3
Gears Tactics
Subnautica
Final Fantasy V
Dark Souls 3 (has been beaten years ago)
Persona 4 Golden
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
TROUBLESHOOTER Abandoned Children
Outward
Outer Wilds
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Steamworld Heist

P4G

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I've never suddenly and immediately enjoyed a game I was unsure about like I was with RE2. It was the only game where I hunted the platinum because it was so fun that I didn't want it to end. Learning to be part speedrunner was really interesting. And finally getting the infinite rocket launcher to make the entire game your chump was really satisfying.

I'm definitely into the Persona series. I played P5 and P5R and beat both within a month of their release. And with the selection of the thread, I'm already in November of P4G so I'm making good time. I definitely would have strayed with the likes of Subnautica, Forza Horizon 4, and the 6 other games I bought on the first day of the Steam sale. :sigh:

Zushio
May 8, 2008
And Bioshock 1 is done with a Platinum. I also got the trophies on the challenge rooms, because why not. Good game overall, but I feel it didn't age super well. The atmosphere and story telling hold up, but the level design feels kinda boring and lacks any meaningful degree of verticality. It doesn't feel like a full immersive shooter experience to me, at least not compared with Deus Ex or later games like Dishonered or Prey.

Probably the biggest reason was how lacking the game was for meaningful choices during gameplay. Pretty much everything comes down to murder or making something else murder. There is stealth in the sense that you can get some move speed and sneak damage with the wrench, but no non-lethal options or ways to remove enemies from an area without killing them. Sure, you can draw them off for a moment, but the alerts don't last long and they quickly resume positions. Hacking cameras, turrets and bots just gives you more firepower. Obviously the active camouflage is an exception to what I'm saying, and is capable of completely negating some of the scripted events.

Either way, once you get some wrench upgrades and research there is basically no situation where the optimal solution isn't just rush in spamming electrobolt and wrench. Hack any turret, bot or camera you find in the process and its even easier. Daddies are a pain and sometimes just turn into "Do You Have Enough Medkits, And Can You Hit The Medkit Button Fast Enough" but chain stun to wrench works fine until midgame when you just dump 4 rounds of explosive buck into them, then swap to electro gel and stunlock them till death. The Gel works the same way on the final boss too.

The gunplay feels sloppy and without the auto aim on the PS4 version bordered on unplayable. This is coming from someone who immediatly turns auto-aim off or down extremely low. The Plasmids in particular feel terrible to aim, with Shock being the worst offender. It feels like it has absolutely no margin for error. Once I turned auto-aim back on the gameplay improved significantly. Obviously slogging through on Survivor was my own call, but still. I had basically maxed out resources by the end of Fort Frolic, and never had any scarcity again. I kept forgetting how rarely the game auto-saved, and lost chunks of progress a number of times. That's on me though, although slightly more auto-saves would have been appreciated. Or none, so I would remember to save after clearing a whole level before dying of stupidity. Obviously I know about the Vita-Chambers, and the encounter design is clearly done with them in mind. Since I wanted the Plat in one run I turned them off outright in the main menu.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 29, 2020

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Gonna go ahead and forgive myself of Wasteland 2. I enjoyed OG Fallout 1 & 2, but Wasteland 2 didn't quite do it for me.

On the other hand, i'm going to :toxx: to complete Pillars of Eternity 2 by August 31st. I just started an Orlan Rogue and hot drat, I had no idea this game was so much better than Pillars of Eternity 1.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
finished Pathologic 2, that's half my games down

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Aaaaand done. 45 hours was the final total. God drat Teddie sucks so much. I think my favorites in the game flipped around from the OG Persona 4. Chie, Yukiko, and Teddie belong in the trash. And I actually kind of like Yosuke now weirdly enough.

Now I can relax with a bunch of new rogue likes, racing games, and preparing for a shiny new Monster Hunter World update on the horizon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think you're missing an achievement you might be interested in.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Got Curse of the Moon completed with all ending and the Boss Rush clear. Excellent game, very fun and pretty challenging for some of the solo Zangetsu runs.

Althjofr
May 21, 2020
I'm going to give up on the Witcher games, 1 and 2 being the ones I actually own and which my constantly immolating laptop could actually run, and 3 too because why not and it's never fully been my kind of game by the looks of it anyways.

And I :toxx: to complete NITW by end of month, I've heard stupid amounts of people I admire and/or whose opinion I respect that it's the best thing since salty butter.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The age of dark is upon us: I have beaten Dark Souls.

gently caress Solaire, fuckin bastard didn’t even show up to help me out

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Congrats!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

wuggles posted:

The age of dark is upon us: I have beaten Dark Souls.

gently caress Solaire, fuckin bastard didn’t even show up to help me out

:toot: good job!

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Finished up The Last of Us Remastered along with the DLC. Was decent. Technically have finished The 25th Ward, but I want that Plat. Which means watching the last chapter another 80 times to see the rest of the endings. I'll get there, its only a five minute chapter so I can do it while watching stuff.

Althjofr
May 21, 2020
Did NITW

You know I knew it'd be something with *some* emotional gravitas from word of mouth but. I dunno, I was greatly surprised. It punched above its belt in more ways than I imagined it would. I expected to feel sad. I did not expect to feel angry, and I did not expect to feel scared.

Did it with time to spare, so I imagine I'll come back, this has been a great motivator honestly, not to mention quite the decent bit of fun.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Every moment i spend playing it is pure agony, but somehow i shall beat Kingdom Hearts Final mix by the end of this month.

edit: i beat the game and it was bad

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 21, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Today I finished Hollow Knight! :) That is one game down out of that tremendous list in my earlier post. Going to keep on playing and making headways in the others!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Today I finished Hollow Knight! :) That is one game down out of that tremendous list in my earlier post. Going to keep on playing and making headways in the others!

Did you finish it or did you finish it?