Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Today I finished Hollow Knight! That is one game down out of that tremendous list in my earlier post. Going to keep on playing and making headways in the others!

That's one that I really want to finish, not the least because Stux constantly yells about how good it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Did you finish it or did you finish it?

I somehow managed to do the first good ending - but I watched the super good ending after spending a few hours in godhome and realising that I am not that good. That last boss was very, VERY tough, but I did it. The hyper version though? nah. Nope.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I somehow managed to do the first good ending - but I watched the super good ending after spending a few hours in godhome and realising that I am not that good. That last boss was very, VERY tough, but I did it. The hyper version though? nah. Nope.

I only meant the radiance, I haven't even done godhome it's insane

So good show!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I'll update this list more tomorrow.
My list right now is
Switch: Okami, Megaman 9, Megaman 10, The Messanger, Unravelled

PC: Othercide, Assassin's Creed Origin, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Duskers, FTL(beat it with at least every ship.), Trine 4, Torchlight 2, tonight we riot, night in the woods, white door, a short hike

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 27, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

So you managed to get through the White Palace and everything?

But yeah, gently caress Godhome. I don't mind hard bosses but having a hard boss at the end of a 40 boss gauntlet? Forget it.

That's my biggest criticism of Hollow Knight. It's a beautifully atmospheric game and yet all the extra content is geared exclusively to "git gud" masochists and even the best normal ending is gated behind the game essentially going "gently caress you. You're playing Super Meat Boy now."

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

My big complaint about Hollow Knight is the over-reliance on sword flapping. Any boss, regardless on what they are requires minutes of sword flappage and it never feels like you are making descisive blows, that's why I like to equip the Nailmaster's glory and do lots of special attacks and concentrate my other charms on different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

So you managed to get through the White Palace and everything?

Yep! Only because it was platforming and no combat. Platforming is the genre I grew up with as a kid and my most favourite style of game. That with the hive charm meant that I could make the occasional mistake and heal.

I did not do path of pain though! haha

«4 »