Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've tried three times now since being reminded to play Bayonetta and I just think it's not for me. Last two times I tried they made me itchy to play other games, like Nier or more Yakuza. It's not a bad game, and the combat is about the same button mashing I did in Kiwami, but I don't like being tested on combat I keep forgetting the special tricks to and I've also lost the plot. I'm like a time witch fighting angel jerks and I buy upgrades from Blade and sometimes I wander around and discover a level?

I'll give it some more shots b/c sometimes it takes a while to get into a groove or find the gem but I think I might just better appreciate the style and flair of this game when I'm not holding the troller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skip the cutscenes.

Also, and I in no way mean this in a rude way, but if it makes you itchy to play Kiwami or other pre7 yakuza games I don't think its a good fit for you

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
e: I'm dumb and missed the post a page back about not running this after the end of 2020, so nm. :(

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 11, 2020

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I liked bayonetta because of the combat honestly. If you see it as button mashing it may not be the genre for you

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I liked bayonetta because of the combat honestly. If you see it as button mashing it may not be the genre for you

The combat is very good, though I wish there were more combat and less QTEs and cinematic boss battles in between the fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

h_double posted:

The combat is very good, though I wish there were more combat and less QTEs and cinematic boss battles in between the fighting.

There aren't. Deal with it.