Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I will beat Baldurís Gate 1, Siege of Dragonspear, Baldurís Gate 2, and Throne of Bhaal by May 31st 2020

I am going to take this opportunity to forgive myself for not completing Siege of Dragonspear, Baldur's Gate 2, and Throne of Bhaal. Finishing BG: EE and actually finishing Pillars of Eternity 1 are accomplishments enough for me.

I am going to finally complete (finish the main story, no DLC) The Witcher 3 by April 30th, 2020. I just hope FF7 Remake and Trials of Mana, and my job don't interfere with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Finished the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Trophy (Passed the Trial) because I can't be bothered to bring a screenshot over from the PS4.

I gotta say, the game felt pretty front-loaded to me. I enjoyed a lot of the Act 1 quests all the way through Skellige. The battle a Kaer Morhen felt like a great place for a game finale, but... the game kind of kept going.

Hanging out with Ciri and being a dad was some pretty great stuff, but the game's ending was a bummer. I was hoping Ciri would do more during the final fight, or at least not make me fight one of those horrible bosses at the end of the game. Caranthir was not fun to fight at all, and Eredin was... really a pushover? Like for some reason Caranthir was able to bring me from 100 - 0 in one or two icicles but Eredin could hit me with everything he had and not even make a dent.

A lot of the Act III stuff felt kind of tacked on. Like they had a lot to do in a very limited amount of time so they were like "gently caress it, throw it all in there". The Reason of State quest made us laugh because of the whole "well, we kind of lied about what we were doing..." "Well, *I* double crossed you all" "WELL I TRIPLE CROSSED YOU ALL!"

Ciri became empress of Nilfgaard and that whole part was pretty good, though.

I don't think it was a bad game by any means, btw. Just kind of wish they put as much time in act III as they did act I.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

There is no way Iím beating the Baldurís Gates before the end of the month, especially since Iíve installed a few difficulty mods and implemented a few house rules that, while making the game very enjoyable for me, slow me down considerably!

(Also doesnít help that I only started this past week despite making the toxx back in March)

So I can either eat the toxx and continue playing at my leisurely pace, or turn on Story Mode (party members canít die) and just #yolo through every encounter, skip side quests (I wouldnít need their experience point or equipment rewards), ignore companions, and not really enjoy myself in the process. I donít know what to do

Speaking from my Witcher 3 experience, I would say eat the ban and enjoy your game. Pushing through W3 at the end of April really left a sour taste in my mouth and I never want to touch that game again.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Persona 4 Golden

Here you go

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Gonna go ahead and forgive myself of Wasteland 2. I enjoyed OG Fallout 1 & 2, but Wasteland 2 didn't quite do it for me.

On the other hand, i'm going to to complete Pillars of Eternity 2 by August 31st. I just started an Orlan Rogue and hot drat, I had no idea this game was so much better than Pillars of Eternity 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

That's Pillars of Eternity 2 completed. Overall way better than the first game, and the turn based combat was a lot of fun all the way through.

I kind of... didn't like the final confrontation at the end? It makes sense that I wouldn't be able to fight Eothas or do anything like that, and honestly it kind of felt like talking to him didn't do much to change his mind except for one "Oh yeah you make a good point, yeah i'll do something about that" *continues to break the wheel of reincarnation*. I suppose that was Obsidian biting off a little bit more they could chew, but as far as PCRPGs go this was pretty solid the whole way through.

I ended up siding with the Huana and was all sorts of gay for Tekehu. I hope Pillars 1 gets a remaster so I can see what it's like doing a fresh game as a completely evil bastard and siding with the Principi at the end.